View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
841. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

231 27.47%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

435 51.72%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

180 21.40%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

17 2.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 221 of 1551 FirstFirst ... 1211712112192202212222232312713217211221 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 23262
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,753 Times in 9,790 Posts

Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSurge View Post
    Tell me you didn't go to the "His post game will beast!"

People have been saying this for years. When LeBron finally refines his post game will be the same year Eddy Curry shows up "In the best shape of his life."

Although, if he wanted to, LeBron could be the best post-up player in the league. No one could guard him one on one and he'd kill people with his passing.
    The reason he hasn't done it yet is most likely because he just doesn't have to. He's still an athletic monster and can score efficiently driving to the basket and taking jumpers. There will come a point where he experiences a couple injuries going to the basket and loses a step or two. I don't think he'll start working the post game UNTIL that happens, but I'm fairly confident it'll happen and that he'll do well with it.

I'm not saying it'll happen before then.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,965 Times in 2,512 Posts

LeBron is shooting .547 from the floor, .394 from 3 for an eFG% of .582. But according to this thread, he doesn't play in the post and has no midrange game. Kobe never approached .547 shooting, his best is his current .470 Jordan's closest was .539. Kobe never shot .394 from 3, his best was .383. Jordan only topped .395 when the 3 point line was shortened for a couple of seasons.

I haven't really watched the heat this year, but I saw LeBron abuse people in teh post last year in the playoffs. How has his FG% suddenly gone off the charts if he's not doing it in the post or with a midrange game. I have a hard time believing he's getting to the rim at a more efficient rate or more effectively than prime Jordan.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KI4MVP View Post
    I haven't really watched the heat this year, but I saw LeBron abuse people in teh post last year in the playoffs. How has his FG% suddenly gone off the charts if he's not doing it in the post or with a midrange game. I have a hard time believing he's getting to the rim at a more efficient rate or more effectively than prime Jordan.
    Believe it or not, according to Hoopdata.com, LeBron is averaging a career high 78% on shots at the rim as well as a career high 58.5% on shots 3-9 feet from the basket (non-layups/dunks in the paint essentially).

LeBron is actually taking the fewest midrange jumpers (16-23 feet) per game of his career this season.

Basically he's worked even less out of the post and is finishing at the best rate of his career by a wide margin at the rim.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CBBI For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    Lebrons mid range game is below avg compared to a kobe or jordan.
    What exactly does this even mean? So Jordan and Kobe's mid range games were/are so good that Lebron's mid range game has suddenly become Eric Snow/Rajon Rondo-ish? Is that a numbers thing or just from a visual/memory thing?

And honestly so is the mechanics of his jumper.
    Mechanics are overrated. Check Reggie Miller's mechanic compared to Ray Allen and you'd never guess they were 1 and 2 in NBA 3pters made.

Never been a good spot up shooter either.
    Never been off the ball enough to get a real gauge on this...especially in Cleveland.

I think this part of the transtion is going to be harder then people think. Those are the things he's gonna have to master. I think its ok to assume that lebron will try to master these parts of his game to prolong dominance. But saying its a foregone conclusion is kind of a slap in the face of some HOFers who are and already have done this IMHO.
    Sure we know he'll work, but we don't know what the work will produce. Got it, guess we'll all have to wait and see. Although I don't know too many people HOF or not that have worked hard at a particular basketball skill and haven't gotten better. Secondly how is assuming James masters/improves his flaws a slap in the face to any HOFer? Its a smack in the face to Hakeem Olajuwon to think that if James works on post moves he'll become a better post up player....EVEN THOUGH HAKEEM THINKS/THOUGHT THE VERY SAME THING WHICH IS WHY HE WORKED WITH JAMES.
    ~

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 627 Posts

I find it puzzling that he is averaging a career high in volume of shots closer to the basket but is at a career low for free throw attempts per game.

Sent from my ass using tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 627 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CBBI View Post
    Believe it or not, according to Hoopdata.com, LeBron is averaging a career high 78% on shots at the rim as well as a career high 58.5% on shots 3-9 feet from the basket (non-layups/dunks in the paint essentially).

LeBron is actually taking the fewest midrange jumpers (16-23 feet) per game of his career this season.

Basically he's worked even less out of the post and is finishing at the best rate of his career by a wide margin at the rim.
    Look at this guy coming out from the wood work!

Sent from my ass using tapatalk 2

Rookie
    Thanks

After reading through all the insightful evaluations about how Lebron's game will regress in the coming years, I've decided I don't want him back. Clearly he's on track to become a 30 year old Paul Pierce. I'd much rather build around Jabari Parker in '14 and have a 20 year old Paul Pierce.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,171 Times in 3,463 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yTrac24 View Post
    After reading through all the insightful evaluations about how Lebron's game will regress in the coming years, I've decided I don't want him back. Clearly he's on track to become a 30 year old Paul Pierce. I'd much rather build around Jabari Parker in '14 and have a 20 year old Paul Pierce.
    Me too, if Parker is the real deal. Likelihood of us getting Parker? Extremely low.
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Rookie
    Thanks

It doesn't matter who we get in 2014; likelihood of them being the next Paul Pierce is extremely high.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yTrac24 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm pretty sure this was facetious, but there's no way LeBron will be a 30-year-old Paul Pierce anytime soon. I think he'll follow a trajectory more like Kobe, where he plays at a consistent high level well into his 30s, albeit not as high as at his peak.

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billmac91 View Post
    I truly believe his next deal will be with the Brooklyn Nets and he will finish his career there. Coming back to Cleveland in his mid to late 30's doesn't change the past. Why would a guy on his last legs change the narrative or his legacy at all?

People need to move on and let it go....does he regret the way he left, yes absolutely. Does he miss what he had in Cleveland? I'm sure. Does he want to come back to Cleveland when he'll get to play the recruiting game all over again and re-create the next power team? Hell no. Not happening.

Guy is going to Brooklyn to chill with our generations Frank Sinatra and play in the largest spotlight. When Brooklyn starts unloading contracts next year, watch out...
    This generations Frank!?!? LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Frank was NEVER a has been.

Gee-Mail in KG's Inbox BlueSeats626's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 429 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billmac91 View Post
    I truly believe his next deal will be with the Brooklyn Nets and he will finish his career there. Coming back to Cleveland in his mid to late 30's doesn't change the past. Why would a guy on his last legs change the narrative or his legacy at all?

People need to move on and let it go....does he regret the way he left, yes absolutely. Does he miss what he had in Cleveland? I'm sure. Does he want to come back to Cleveland when he'll get to play the recruiting game all over again and re-create the next power team? Hell no. Not happening.

Guy is going to Brooklyn to chill with our generations Frank Sinatra and play in the largest spotlight. When Brooklyn starts unloading contracts next year, watch out...
    Please don't insult Frank Sinatra like that again.
    llgauskas desire shall not fade and powder blue seats' bygones be bygones

- RandolphKeys

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSeats626 For This Useful Post:

A View Inside the Game Wine and Gold's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,811 Times in 752 Posts

Lebron will transition into a very very efficient point forward ...having him on a team with Kyrie will be a perfect fit offensively, and give our offense great dimensions intitiating outside or inside with great proficiency. He has the potential to play at a high level, much in the mold of how I anticipated seeing Magic Johnson transition his game and play late into his 30's ... but we never got that opportunity. By molding his game into one that allows him to play in more a point power forward type mold offensively. I see no reason to see him drop significantly in ability because his game has the diversity to do lots of things well as his physical abilities get effected by age. The best attribute to tap into with age is game intelligence, and Lebron has loads of that. I think he'll be a player/coach later in his career and eventually become a very good head coach in this league. That's how I would look for us to eventually tie him to us for the longterm... if Dan Gilbert decides he wants to do that. I have some things I found out a few days ago on just that. It's not a slam dunk he comes back here, even if that is Lebron's wish. Some things need to happen to patch some things that have yet to be patched.
    Last edited by Wine and Gold; 01-30-2013 at 11:07 PM.

19. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Wine and Gold For This Useful Post:

FROM DA GRITTY INNER CITY I-77 NORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

It's the Northeast Ohio and Lebron relationship that still requires some patching up. While some people are now more open to Lebron coming back than ever; their are still some bitter fans out there that hate him obliviously. Once the idea becomes more of a household thought, people will just become to anticipate it.

At this pace of how the hype is building, the fans and people of Northeast Ohio will begin to anticipate it by this time next year. It will than become evident that it may legitimately happen. What I'm wondering is what kind of impact and reaction will the Lebron-Heat departure be like?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I-77 NORTH View Post
    It's the Northeast Ohio and Lebron relationship that still requires some patching up. While some people are now more open to Lebron coming back than ever; their are still some bitter fans out there that hate him obliviously. Once the idea becomes more of a household thought, people will just become to anticipate it.

At this pace of how the hype is building, the fans and people of Northeast Ohio will begin to anticipate it by this time next year. It will than become evident that it may legitimately happen. What I'm wondering is what kind of impact and reaction will the Lebron-Heat departure be like?
    Miami doenst have any real fans so they probably won't bother at all