View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
511. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

    202 39.53%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

    173 33.86%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

    141 27.59%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

    12 2.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 228 of 489 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 7324
  1. #3406
    gooby pls Marcus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cleveland/Columbus
    Posts
    6,474
    Thanks
    4,276
    Thanked 2,680 Times in 1,002 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    LeBron, a guy that is supposedly his friend and mentor, isn't his first choice? I'd be surprised. Oh, best player in the game too.
    But hey, being the alpha > being a consistent championship contender.

  2. #3407
    Joe Thomas Fan Club col63onel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    West Side 'burbs
    Posts
    4,632
    Thanks
    567
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 881 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    He also said that his one goal was to win a championship in Cleveland and that he wasn't going to leave until he did. Then he left. Do you think he gives a shit about the Miami fans? They're terrible fans to begin with. The Cleveland fans were great and he didn't give a shit about them.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: LeBron will do what is in the best interests of LeBron. If he thinks his best shot to keep winning titles as his career winds down is to come here and play with Kyrie and the rest of our young core, he'll come here. If he thinks his best shot is staying in Miami, he'll do that. All Cleveland really needs to do is put themselves in a position where they look like his best option.
    Then he should probably go to San Antonio, play with Parker, Ginobili, Duncan and Pop.
    The Wine and Gold Knight Rises


  3. #3408
    So we come to it at last Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,440
    Thanks
    5,850
    Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,876 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by col63onel View Post
    Then he should probably go to San Antonio, play with Parker, Ginobili, Duncan and Pop.
    Not sure if serious.
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

  4. #3409
    Rookie atlbraves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 46 Times in 24 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Yeah, the rationalizing that we wouldn't want LeBron is comical. Some of y'all seem more interested in seeing him fail than seeing the Cavs compete for a title. I just want to win, I couldn't care less whether or not we spite #6 in the process. And to be honest, I think it will be exponentially more difficult to win as long as LeBron is playing on a team other than the Cavs.

    I know that LeBron-back-to-Cleveland is very, very far from set in stone. If it didn't pan out, it definitely wouldn't be the end of the world. The Cavs are set up to succeed down the road with or without him (through the draft, and through free agency). But for those who wouldn't accept him if he chose to return, I seriously question whether you want this team to compete for championships.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atlbraves For This Useful Post:


  6. #3410
    **lost this privilege** Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    4,016
    Thanks
    2,811
    Thanked 1,647 Times in 687 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    He's not coming back lol. The pressure would be too great for him to win a ship. Everything that can go wrong will go wrong. I hope he retires in Miami.

  7. #3411
    Rising Star MGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Posts
    1,901
    Thanks
    1,145
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 591 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_kahuna View Post
    He's not coming back lol. The pressure would be too great for him to win a ship. Everything that can go wrong will go wrong. I hope he retires in Miami.
    The pressure is going to be great regardless of what team he's with. Cleveland doesn't increase it - pressure is going to follow the league's best player anywhere.

  8. #3412
    **lost this privilege** Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    4,016
    Thanks
    2,811
    Thanked 1,647 Times in 687 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    The pressure is going to be great regardless of what team he's with. Cleveland doesn't increase it - pressure is going to follow the league's best player anywhere.
    The pressure for him to win a ship again in Miami is mitigated by the fact that he already won a ship there. If he goes back to Cleveland, the pressure is greater since the ONLY REASON why he came back is to win a ship for Cleveland. I cannot imagine him having enough testicular fortitude to come back and face such a daunting task.

  9. #3413
    Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Philly
    Posts
    2,078
    Thanks
    3,356
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 783 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_kahuna View Post
    The pressure for him to win a ship again in Miami is mitigated by the fact that he already won a ship there. If he goes back to Cleveland, the pressure is greater since the ONLY REASON why he came back is to win a ship for Cleveland. I cannot imagine him having enough testicular fortitude to come back and face such a daunting task.
    I mean that's a very rational argument. I hear where you are coming from. I think James knows how good he can be now. Fact of the matter is he's still never played with a legitimate point guard in his entire career.

    Yes, I know, he's a point forward I'll just call him Karl Malone who can dribble anywhere on the floor, jump like Kemp and pass like Magic.

    LeBron James is not a point guard. He's a very effective passer, but he's a forward. He should operate in the mid-post or down on the block. His court vision will be with him forever, but still, he's never been in a situation where the ball is out of his hands like Blake Griffin and CP3.

    Upgrade CP3's scoring ability to that of Allen Iverson and you have Kyrie Irving. Only Irving is worlds more efficient, he's got the shooting stroke of Chauncey Billups and he's every bit of the scorer of Dwyane Wade.

    Granted, Irving is not the floor general and defender that Chris Paul is, but he wouldn't have to be. LeBron can facilitate with the best of them, so it's not a huge concern.

    Irving and LeBron would be the best tandem ever. That is going to become more and more blatant as 2014 approaches us. Irving would be the ideal team-mate for James. He's got the 3pt threat that Wade has never had, and he's also got handles like Dwyane has never had. Wade's game is based around physicality, but that's eventually going to become a weak link. Tristan Thompson would also be the ideal efficient garbage man that a team like this would require.

    Anderson's injuries are also a blessing in disguise. Think about it 3 years in a row, but the advantage is every season we get a reminder that Anderson's game is still growing, he's still an extremely effective basketball player and his mileage has been severely limited these last couple seasons. Now that he's missed three seasons do we get an extra three years out of him? It's a legitimate question to ask.


    The real question is when are the screams going to get louder? People are already thinking about a future James/Irving pairing. When are the Chuck Barkleys, Shaquille O'Neals, Reggie Millers going to start pushing this idea to the mainstream. I have heard it once this season on TNT.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Reynolds For This Useful Post:


  11. #3414
    Rising Back Up chrisrich91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,892
    Thanks
    7,890
    Thanked 10,120 Times in 2,602 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_kahuna View Post
    The pressure for him to win a ship again in Miami is mitigated by the fact that he already won a ship there. If he goes back to Cleveland, the pressure is greater since the ONLY REASON why he came back is to win a ship for Cleveland. I cannot imagine him having enough testicular fortitude to come back and face such a daunting task.
    You're probably right...this is one of the most mentally weak superstars in quite a while. Growing up doesn't change that.

  12. #3415
    Rising Star Tlyons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,206
    Thanks
    3,947
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 505 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    I mean that's a very rational argument. I hear where you are coming from. I think James knows how good he can be now. Fact of the matter is he's still never played with a legitimate point guard in his entire career.

    Yes, I know, he's a point forward I'll just call him Karl Malone who can dribble anywhere on the floor, jump like Kemp and pass like Magic.

    LeBron James is not a point guard. He's a very effective passer, but he's a forward. He should operate in the mid-post or down on the block. His court vision will be with him forever, but still, he's never been in a situation where the ball is out of his hands like Blake Griffin and CP3.

    Upgrade CP3's scoring ability to that of Allen Iverson and you have Kyrie Irving. Only Irving is worlds more efficient, he's got the shooting stroke of Chauncey Billups and he's every bit of the scorer of Dwyane Wade.

    Granted, Irving is not the floor general and defender that Chris Paul is, but he wouldn't have to be. LeBron can facilitate with the best of them, so it's not a huge concern.

    Irving and LeBron would be the best tandem ever. That is going to become more and more blatant as 2014 approaches us. Irving would be the ideal team-mate for James. He's got the 3pt threat that Wade has never had, and he's also got handles like Dwyane has never had. Wade's game is based around physicality, but that's eventually going to become a weak link. Tristan Thompson would also be the ideal efficient garbage man that a team like this would require.

    Anderson's injuries are also a blessing in disguise. Think about it 3 years in a row, but the advantage is every season we get a reminder that Anderson's game is still growing, he's still an extremely effective basketball player and his mileage has been severely limited these last couple seasons. Now that he's missed three seasons do we get an extra three years out of him? It's a legitimate question to ask.


    The real question is when are the screams going to get louder? People are already thinking about a future James/Irving pairing. When are the Chuck Barkleys, Shaquille O'Neals, Reggie Millers going to start pushing this idea to the mainstream. I have heard it once this season on TNT.
    Soooo season ending injuries don't add mileage?

  13. #3416
    Veteran shoes22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,268
    Thanks
    3,003
    Thanked 2,691 Times in 1,198 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    Soooo season ending injuries don't add mileage?
    If they're things like back problems, joint problems, torn muscles...those add mileage to a body.
    A hairline knee fracture and a blood clot shouldn't, one would think.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to shoes22 For This Useful Post:


  15. #3417
    Hall of Famer Mdog1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,653
    Thanks
    545
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 878 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by shoes22 View Post
    Just because Miami's fans are so flaky doesn't mean that Cleveland is the only city with "real fans". New York, Boston, Chicago etc. are all cities that are capable of filling up the arena and being loud.

    Also off topic, but looking at that picture above...man Michael Jordan was a skinny dude, even when winning championships. Glad to know the greatest of all time doesn't have any PED controversy surrounding him.
    Sarcasm? I seem to recall Jordan's trainer having evidence of him doing PED's, and suspiciously never being heard from again the day before he was to release it. Even if that is me misremembering shit, a guy being skinny means nothing in terms of his PED use. Look at Armstrong he's not big by any means. PED's don't just make you massive.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdog1 For This Useful Post:


  17. #3418
    Redeux FiveThous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    2,141
    Thanks
    2,193
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 569 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    This board is way to infatuated with the term alpha

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveThous For This Useful Post:


  19. #3419
    Mmhmm. AMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Always Online
    Posts
    4,007
    Thanks
    1,574
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 585 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveThous View Post
    This board is way to infatuated with the term alpha
    I think you are alpha-stereotyping the board.

  20. #3420
    Birthing All-Stars Löttery Göd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,056
    Thanks
    7,120
    Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,436 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by col63onel View Post
    Is he worth everything that will take to get him? Adding noone of consequence outside the draft for 2 years? Giving him a max deal at age 32?
    If we were to sign LeBron in the 2014 off-season for a max contract, he would be 29 years old and not 30 until December of that year. Stop with the exaggerations in every way possible.

    Also, your argument on LeBron dropping off a cliff holds little weight when his value goes far beyond just his athleticism for one. Secondly, LeBron is THE most durable athlete of all time in the history of the NBA and possibly any sport. If you remember game after game in Cleveland, LeBron was absolutely hacked in the paint when he drove for dunks and layups. No player has had the type of body athletically or durability-wise that LeBron has had. He is just an absolute freak of nature If anyone is still going to have their full athleticism into their 30s and have a long, productive career into their 30s and possibly even until he's 40, it will be LeBron James.

    If it takes 20 million a year to sign LeBron, you just do it. He's going to be worth every penny. Any argument against LeBron signing for the Cavs other than saying that you don't want him because of what he did to us in the past is just an invalid argument. If you want to argue against getting LeBron for emotional reasons, fine. It's a ridiculous argument, but at least it's a valid one, but, for all intents and purposes that are basketball-related, getting LeBron at age 29 is going to be better than literally every last option we could possibly fathom that we lose from signing LeBron.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Löttery Göd For This Useful Post:


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •