View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
841. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

231 27.47%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

435 51.72%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

180 21.40%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

17 2.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 234 of 1551 FirstFirst ... 1341842242322332342352362442843347341234 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 23262
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,763 Times in 5,268 Posts

Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

Received complaints about personal attacks in this thread. No need for that here.

And no need to visit the thread if you hate it (which is my own strategy).
    Last edited by wuck; 02-12-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,048 Times in 3,423 Posts

And no need to visit the thread if you hate it (which is my own strategy).
    Hopefully not directed at me. I love the thread because I love the prospect of the best player in the NBA coming to play for the Cavaliers.

Unfortunately, it's basically used as an outlet for people to get out their angst and frustration about a certain decision from 3 years ago. But what do you expect.
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,213 Times in 5,309 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Hopefully not directed at me.
    Mostly you. Try to argue the topic, not the people discussing the topic. You have undoubtedly read this advice before.
    “He (Dellavedova) was doin' too much.” ~Paul George, January 5th

Thanks
    Thanked 10,836 Times in 2,744 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randolphkeys View Post
    Mostly you. Try to argue the topic, not the people discussing the topic. You have undoubtedly read this advice before.
    I'll take some blame as well. I did mention that I wanted to see his devastated face when LeBron doesn't come back. I'll tone it down

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Randolphkeys View Post
    Last I checked, I didn't call anybody anything.

Even though I was told several times how I would react in a certain situation, then implied that I have half a brain because I did not think LeBron James "quit," and then was told it was sad that I continued to come in here and .... talk about this topic, when everybody and their mother is doing the same.

Simply because I am of a different viewpoint. Of course, that viewpoint isn't popular on here, so I'm in the shit right off the bat. Brilliant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    I'll take some blame as well. I did mention that I wanted to see his devastated face when LeBron doesn't come back. I'll tone it down
    Have you realized the irony of your comments yet, since you're still devastated over The Decision from 3 years ago? Or have we not gotten there yet.

Unlike some people- and personally I am not inside your brain so I don't fucking pretend to know if it's you or not (like you pretend to know me), I don't ride on every decision these athletes make. I was mad about the way James embarrassed the city and franchise for a while just like everyone else. Then I got over it. Now I watch the guy and couldn't care less.

Some people aren't there yet.

I think it's unfair you mock me on this topic when at the same time I know you would be pissing yourself with glee if the dude came back.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 Times in 671 Posts

Yeah, I'm going to be so devastated.

Or I'll go on with my life. How dumb does your post look when you're the one dwelling on what a guy did 3 years ago and apologized for? While I'm the one advocating you bitter peons move on?

You make it sound like I am a fan of the guy or something. Irrational hatred is stupid and a waste of your time. I apologize for trying to get you to see that, but I am by no means a "fan" of LeBron James nor do I approve of "The Decision," nor do I "like" LeBron James. He's the best player in the world and I would want him on my team if that opportunity arose. Only an idiot (or someone who wants to lose) would disagree and I stand by this.

Don't make shit up that I never said, that is what it comes down to. You're the guy foaming at the mouth and vomitting uncontrollably every time somebody says the guy's name, not me. It's the ultimate irony. Yap about message board facades all you want; the joke is on you, and you're on a friendly Cavaliers board where the majority are delusional just like yourself, so you'll pat yourself on the back in the meantime thinking you're right.

But you'd be laughed out of any other room. Fact. Ever wonder why fans around the country look at us and facepalm? Yeah. Threads like this with people like you.

edit: Oh, forgot to say.

Your message board facade isn't fooling anyone.

If LeBron came back your ass would be in the seat within five seconds of his contract being inked. That shit would still be drying and you'd have a LeBron avatar and be on the phone getting season tickets.

Not fooling me.
    Look at you. This thread is one big giant circle jerk therapy for all of you still ridiculously butthurt over The Decision...from THREE YEARS AGO. It happened, it sucked, it was stupid...get the hell over it. People who have gotten over it are not LeBron nuthuggers or swinging from his nuts just because you aren't over it.

You can't make this shit up.

You take shots at people all the time, directly and indirectly. That's just the kind of poster you are. The interesting thing is somehow you think nobody notices it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 512 Posts

So basically you're saying that just because we believe he quit on a playoff series it means we are not over The Decision, or that we dont want him back? Get real.

And I could care less about what other fanbases think of us, fuck them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MDLT View Post
    You take shots at people all the time, directly and indirectly. That's just the kind of poster you are. The interesting thing is somehow you think nobody notices it.
    You posted my comments that were in reply to someone whose post I was relatively offended by.

To prove that I take shots at people.

Yes, if you take shots at me, I will return fire. Sorry...

The majority of those comments are not even insulting anyways. Like, being laughed out of the room by anyone not a Cleveland fan? Pretty true, I've seen it firsthand.

Thanks

Even though I was told several times how I would react in a certain situation, then implied that I have half a brain because I did not think LeBron James "quit," and then was told it was sad that I continued to come in here and .... talk about this topic, when everybody and their mother is doing the same.

Simply because I am of a different viewpoint. Of course, that viewpoint isn't popular on here, so I'm in the shit right off the bat. Brilliant.
    I haven't posted at all in this thread. You made a big assumption that we don't hold the same opinion. I do think you have spent the past four hours taking pot shots at members and attempting to psycho analyze them. Please stop.

Thanks

Brian Windhorst said after that series that he didn't think LeBron gave up, and he's a god on these forums. How is that outlandish?

The guy plays less aggressive and less effectively vs a great team. Only answer? HE MUST HAVE QUIT!

edit: In before "Windhorst was just saying that so he could ride James' coattails to South Beach ... "
    Windhorst quit, too - he quit telling the truth, because it cost him access.

Thanks
    Thanked 23,763 Times in 5,268 Posts

I'll repeat once again (but not again after that) -- no need for personal attacks. That's basically the definition of "my (attacking) comments that were in reply to someone whose post I was relatively offended by."

Be aware and chill out. I don't care what your position is on LeBron 2014. I do care when posters take it out on each other.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 503 Posts

The RCF Mod squad is the best in the biz...

One thing I continue to notice people saying... "I pay no attention, I dont care about #6, I could care less what he does down there" etc. No, no freaking way. Comical message board facade at its finest. You cannot be an NBA fan and not pay attention to what he's doing in Miami. His performance this season has been especially impossible to ignore.

Just be honest and admit it. Either you never got over it, hate his guts, and always will, or you've softened after the hurt he caused you as a fan and would be willing to forgive. To come on here and feign indifference to the best player on the planet while pretending to be a basketball fan is... delusional.

Thanks

Posts that have nothing to do with the subject of the thread will be deleted until the discussion returns to LeBron's possible free agency in 2014. For the time being, please keep to the topic. Thanks.

Thanks

I don't understand the sentiment that basketball is just a business and that we as fans shouldn't be emotionally invested in our teams and potentially devastated if our team doesn't win a championship game or a player decides to go to another team. Business in and of itself is cold, boring, and nothing that deserves emotion. The purpose of a business is to make money, that's it. Businesses like basketball, however, rely on emotion in order to make that money. Without it, no one would watch it. Same goes for tv, music, and movies. A movie that doesn't have a compelling story or believable characters or even big explosions doesn't appeal to our emotions and therefore doesn't make money, which doesn't make a good business. We long for those connections to the people on the screen, stage, or court--to be involved and engrossed by their triumphs, pain, and conflicts. If we don't have those connections, we wouldn't care about it at all. We become part of their world and they become part of ours. To say that we shouldn't want a connection with the players on our team defies the purpose of why fans even exist. In order for the business of basketball to exist, it relies on fans to be emotional about the games, teams, and players. It relies on that hope that the lotto balls will fall our way, or that a player will break a longtime record, or that a kid from our hometown will lead our team to the championship. Without emotion, basketball is nothing. Why then should every other part of basketball be tied to emotion, but a player leaving his hometown team voluntarily be labeled as 'just business'? It may just be business for the player because they don't feel that connection with the fans, but that doesn't mean it's exactly the same for the fans.

Some might argue that the connection should be with the team, not the players on the team, but that's just not possible. The team is just a concept, nothing tangible that exists without the players that make it up. You can say that you don't care who the players are so long as the team wins, but again, without the players those victories are impossible. It's disingenuous to say that you can emotionally wish the team would win without feeling the same about the players.

I say all that to say I think it's okay for people to still feel hurt or betrayed by what Lebron did. It's also okay to say that it was a long time ago and that they've moved past it and just want to win. In either case, however, it still involves emotion, not just business. Some people may be able to look past whatever emotions they feel about Lebron coming back in 2014, but those that can't are perfectly justified in my mind.