View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
841. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

231 27.47%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

435 51.72%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

180 21.40%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

17 2.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 240 of 1551 FirstFirst ... 1401902302382392402412422502903407401240 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 23262
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 544 Posts

Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

I'm thinking Craig Ehlo has espn blocked lately.

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 539 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JK11 View Post
    MJ has been hating on LeBron before LeBron was even in the league. No suprise he would pick Kobe, his twin.

I think it has more to do with the way LeBron won his ring. The HOF'ers don't respect the way it went down, and Jordan certainly sees it as cutting a corner. Jordan didn't win his first ring until he was 29 and had to tear down the wall that was the Detroit Pistons to get his first ring.

LeBron hit a wall in the Boston Celtics, and instead of overcoming it, he stacked the deck in his favor by creating an AAU powerhouse in Miami, and then boasted "not one, not two, not three......this is going to be easy!". There wasn't a single admirable thing in the way he accomplished his goal of winning a title. While MJ comes off as surly in regards to LeBron, I don't think it is because he likes to needle him, I think it's because he doesn't respect LeBron's mindset and the way he has approached the game and even changed it (super-team).

And to be quite honest, if we think Jordan is needling now, wait until LeBron has 3 or 4 rings, and the next wave of all-star sidekicks come to Miami, or LeBron goes to brighter lights (LA/NYC/Brooklyn). Jordan will drop bombs rather than his "how many rings?" jab. In fact, the day after LeBron chose Miami and did his WWE entrance at American Airlines arena, Jordan was quoted on camera as saying:
    "There’s no way, with hindsight, I would’ve ever called up Larry, called up Magic, and said ‘Hey look, let’s get together and play on one team. But that’s…things are different. I can’t say that’s a bad thing. It’s an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty I was trying to beat those guys.”
    Even Charles got into the action:
    "(Reggie) Miller and I are in 100% agreement on this," he said. "If you’re the two-time NBA MVP you don’t leave anywhere. They come to you. That’s ridiculous. LeBron will never be Jordan. This clearly takes him out of the conversation.

"He can win as much as he wants to. There would have been something honorable about staying in Cleveland and trying to win it as ‘The Man.’ LeBron if he would have won in Cleveland and if he could have got a championship there, it would have been over the top for his legacy, just one in Cleveland. No matter how many he wins in Miami, it clearly is Dwyane Wade’s team.”
    How about that dude from French-Lick, Indiana? :
    “There is no way I would have joined Magic or Michael and play with them. The only time I ever wanted to play with Magic was on the Olympic team, and even then our practices were hard, and we beat each other up in practice.”
    While LeBron has the most talent of anyone to play the game, IMO, his legacy is that of someone who cheated the game to win his titles. The legends don't get it, wasn't in their competitive DNA. Jordan overcame the Pistons, Larry overcame the Pistons and Lakers, and Charles never got over the hump in Philly. He did go ring chasing, but once he was over his prime and gave everything he had to Philly. It's a different generation now, and LeBron pretty much spear-headed this "super-team" phenomenon. While Garnett, Allen, and Pierce formed a solid trio, none was considered the best in the game. It's different when the best player in the game chooses to side-step adversity and essentially rig the league in his favor.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 544 Posts

http://cdn.mediatakeout.com/61315/br...oooh-sh-t.html

Sorry about the source. It is an urban site but...

Apparently LIL Wayne was banned from all NBA games at the Miami Heat's urging.

Within the link is a video of LIL Wayne at a concert imploring the crowd to chant "fuck the Miami Heat and Fuck the NBA."

And here's the funny/juicy part. Wayne then says Fuck Lebron, fuck She-Wade, Fuck Chris Bosh... And then the bombshell "And I fucked Chris Bosh's Wife".

Wow

Didn't know where to put this.

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    http://cdn.mediatakeout.com/61315/br...oooh-sh-t.html

Sorry about the source. It is an urban site but...

Apparently LIL Wayne was banned from all NBA games at the Miami Heat's urging.

Within the link is a video of LIL Wayne at a concert imploring the crowd to chant "fuck the Miami Heat and Fuck the NBA."

And here's the funny/juicy part. Wayne then says Fuck Lebron, fuck She-Wade, Fuck Chris Bosh... And then the bombshell "And I fucked Chris Bosh's Wife".

Wow

Didn't know where to put this.

Wow! Amazing! We all know that LeBron has done some philandering of his own on Savannah Brinson, so to each his own. Delonte and Wayne, fuckin them bitches, servin up these Miami cHeat bitches a dish of revenge, best served cold.

Wouldn't be surprised if Wayne hit Gabrielle Union at some point also.

Point is, don't be a fuckin hypocrite, it comes back around.

Anyone with half a skull knows James has fucked numerous other broads while dating his lady Brinson. Gotta wonder if she's gotten any of her own action off on the side.

Anyone know about that crazy prenuptial agreement that James made Savannah sign? Supposedly if she gives away any secrets about James or his personal life, she is screwed and not entitled to any of his fortune. Talk about an insecure guy. She didn't look one bit happy after James won his first championship.

Then you got this one:

Meanwhile we got Bosh over here taking cumshots in the locker-room:

Wow! Gotta love this kinda shit. Really tickles my female Gossip spot! I'm not one to indulge in celebrity rumors at all, but this is an opportunity to throw free jabs and god damnit call me Rocky Marci-fuckin-ANO

Whew!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,908 Times in 2,497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by col63onel View Post
    So you think I want a 50 year old on the Cavs?
    Even at 50, Michael Jordan would be clear upgrade over Casspi

and probably over CJ Miles too.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,773 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KI4MVP View Post
    Even at 50, Michael Jordan would be clear upgrade over Casspi

and probably over CJ Miles too.
    Well, Jordan beat Kidd-Gilchrist in 1 on 1. Let's just think of everybody on our roster that is worse than MKG.

FROM DA GRITTY INNER CITY I-77 NORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Wut

Thanks
    Thanked 30,577 Times in 9,744 Posts

Savannah is a pretty girl.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

BET SLOTS FULL- 6/28/2014

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko, MalTalm, pr26. Vindicate2, Warren G

MAX
    Thanks

I honestly feel like MGK was lying or let him win. The guy's not gonna say he beat his boss (the greatest ever) in a one-on-one game.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kypus View Post
    Ira Winderman doing his best to appear objective, while at the same time shoveling crap on any possible return. Get ready for more of this from big market media (and MIA) over the next year and a half (again).

Let the narrative-building commence, O mighty media scribes...
    It makes me smile to see Miami people starting to freak out. They are going through the EXACT same thing we were. Couldn't happen to a better group of people either.

Not going to lie, it's nice to be talked about as the most likely place LeBron would come to should he leave.

10-Day Contract
    Thanks

As long as we're talking hypotheticals here.....

What if LBJ has made up his mind the Cavs are a team on the rise? What if he tells Riley he's opting out after next year this off-season? What if he makes it known through back-door channels he'd come back to Cleveland and honor his current contract?

While we're dreaming, let's say CG manages to get another '13 #1 for Speights.

If you're the Cavs, would you be willing to dump the majority of owed picks back to MIA for LBJ NEXT year?

Giving up: '13 MIA #1, Additional '13 #1, LAL right to swap, SAC pick, MEM pick and CLE '15 pick (keeping MIA's). Potentially some of the owed 2nd rounders too.

You still have a lotto pick this offseason, all your own picks going forward and a solid core of 8-9 players. after 15-16, LBJ's contract is up at the same time as Kyrie's and TT's. At that point, you can let him go and sign the other two.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,249 Times in 1,045 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westsidebob View Post
    As long as we're talking hypotheticals here.....

What if LBJ has made up his mind the Cavs are a team on the rise? What if he tells Riley he's opting out after next year this off-season? What if he makes it known through back-door channels he'd come back to Cleveland and honor his current contract?

While we're dreaming, let's say CG manages to get another '13 #1 for Speights.

If you're the Cavs, would you be willing to dump the majority of owed picks back to MIA for LBJ NEXT year?

Giving up: '13 MIA #1, Additional '13 #1, LAL right to swap, SAC pick, MEM pick and CLE '15 pick (keeping MIA's). Potentially some of the owed 2nd rounders too.

You still have a lotto pick this offseason, all your own picks going forward and a solid core of 8-9 players. after 15-16, LBJ's contract is up at the same time as Kyrie's and TT's. At that point, you can let him go and sign the other two.
    We all know where I stand on his return, but if he is coming back, I am not going to give up assets when I can sign him with cap space. That's the definition of "bidding against yourself".
    The Wine and Gold Knight Rises

10-Day Contract
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by col63onel View Post
    We all know where I stand on his return, but if he is coming back, I am not going to give up assets when I can sign him with cap space. That's the definition of "bidding against yourself".
    Not if it gets you into title contention in '13-14, along with 14-15 and 15-16.

Why settle for two shots at a title when you can have 3? Most of those picks (with the exception of the MEM pick way in the future) are future Tyler Zellers, are they really giving up anything? If LBJ is back, the extra late 1st round picks aren't getting run anyway. They still have all their own picks, except for '15, when you'd have MIA's (which presumably will be worse).

They pick up an extra year of contention, preserve cap space and still have future picks. Keep in mind, two of the picks going back were what we got for LBJ in the first place, and two materialized out of thin air for Leuer.

I'd rather have a year of 29 year old LBJ than a year of 32 year old LBJ in a year where you could potnentially have Kyrie and TT unrestricted. The key is, when LBJ ends this contract Kyrie and TT are due for paydays. If you wait to sign LBJ, the contracts will overlap.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westsidebob View Post
    Not if it gets you into title contention in '13-14, along with 14-15 and 15-16.

Why settle for two shots at a title when you can have 3? Most of those picks (with the exception of the MEM pick way in the future) are future Tyler Zellers, are they really giving up anything? If LBJ is back, the extra late 1st round picks aren't getting run anyway. They still have all their own picks, except for '15, when you'd have MIA's (which presumably will be worse).
    Terrible reasoning. Our young players will not be ready in 2013. Lebron isn't going to try to force a trade this coming year. It isn't in his best interests. Miami should still be able to give him his best option to win the title next season baring major team injuries. If he really wants to be here, why would he want us to use up assets that could get him other players to help him? None of it makes sense. Plus, they are not going to just hand Miami all of those assets. Gilbert would have a conniption.

If he intends to sign here as a free agent in 2014, then you wait till 2014 to sign him. You put it on him to do it. Besides, Miami isn't going to be trading him next year anyways. Not happening.

I think your tag line is very apropos. You are thinking like a GM on a ten day contract.

10-Day Contract
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar View Post
    Terrible reasoning. Our young players will not be ready in 2013. Lebron isn't going to try to force a trade this coming year. It isn't in his best interests. Miami should still be able to give him his best option to win the title next season baring major team injuries. If he really wants to be here, why would he want us to use up assets that could get him other players to help him? None of it makes sense. Plus, they are not going to just hand Miami all of those assets. Gilbert would have a conniption.

If he intends to sign here as a free agent in 2014, then you wait till 2014 to sign him. You put it on him to do it. Besides, Miami isn't going to be trading him next year anyways. Not happening.

I think your tag line is very apropos. You are thinking like a GM on a ten day contract.
    Thanks for the cheap shot. Always a sign of a good debater.

Not sure how you can say that roster won't be ready next year. Kyrie is an all-star, AV healthy, TT and Dion showing development.

I'm not saying I'd do it, I'm not saying it's even possible. I did say hypothetical, didn't I?

If you look at what the roster would look like over the next four years if it were to happen, they'd still really be in damn good shape from a roster and a cap perspective. The pieces they would be looking to fill in would be on the bench. In LBJ's first run here, they were in cap hell and STILL looking for starters. That was the whole point of the thought exercise.

I'm all for planning for the future, but at some point, you can get so focused on maintaining flexability that you've never filled a need.