View Poll Results: Who Will Win the 2012 Presidential Election?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

70 60.87%
  • Mitt Romney

42 36.52%
  • Electoral College Tie

3 2.61%
Page 357 of 386 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 5790
    Fighting the good fight! gourimoko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,214 Times in 2,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    If what Boehner said early tonight before it was evident who was going to win is correct, in that the House will not allow taxes to be raised, how are we going to get anything done? Is Obama going to compromise on spending cuts without tax increases?
    The president has the upper hand. If the house refuses to deal, then sequestration will occur automatically, and taxes will go up on everyone.

Obama can then purpose his own tax cuts for corporations and the middle class, let the payroll tax cut expire, and request supplemental defense spending per year outside if the budget.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gourimoko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by Huber View Post
    I like how all the Dems in here aren't explaining why it's a good thing Obama won....instead they're posting may may's that aren't even funny.
    That's easy, lesser of the two evils. The guy who lied the least. Romney was promising things that were too good to be true and the moderates saw right through it.

PS: The may may's are funny:

Last edited by The Voice; 11-07-2012 at 09:31 AM.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSeats626 View Post
    If you aren't responsible enough to drive a car, don't drive. If you wreck a car, the guy driving behind you shouldn't be forced with the bill.
    You were young once right? When you were 16, were you really thinking about the consequences to the extent you do now?

You make it sound like everyone goes out and uses this type of service. It's for younger people and people with lower incomes. The amount of money they spend compared to Romney's defense increase was futile. Do you honestly believe people would buy their own or stop having sex if they couldn't afford birth control?

The Republicans and Romney lost, get over it! #4moreyears!

Quote Originally Posted by KCOTT View Post
    obama only won because all the republicans were working while everyone was voting
    Republicans were too busy expanding their vaults because they thought Romney was going to win, so they could only save more money with capital gains tax staying the same and a huge tax decrease. While the middle class would have to pay for it all.
    Last edited by The Voice; 11-07-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Fighting the good fight! gourimoko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,214 Times in 2,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JK11 View Post
    I'm being serious, but I would love it if one of you Obama supporters could tell me what you are hoping for with Obama in office again. What is the good that he can do for the country this time around? Is he still trying to work on what he did the first time? Its just that I never heard much of Obama's plan, but more of him trashing what Romney was doing. I'm being honest here. I want to get on board with something, because he is our president and their is nothing I can do about it. I'm already over it. I have no choice.
    Grand bargain.
    Defense cuts.
    Real universal healthcare.
    An end to the Afghanistan war.
    Limited American involvement in Syria.
    A continued apprehension of hawkish Israeli proposals.
    A more progressive supreme court.
    Election reform, end to citizens untied.
    Protection of unions.
    Expansion of gay marriage.
    Protection of a woman's right to choose.
    Higher tax rates on the wealthiest Americans.

I'm sure I'm missing some, but I've been on a 36 hr run and just can't sleep....

Go democrats..

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gourimoko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,139 Times in 2,468 Posts

For those who did, I'm glad everyone voted yesterday.

Far too many people skip over the history of voting, the ritual slaughter so many endured, just to grant you, the voter, the opportunity to call your friend on facebook, RCF or Twitter an idiot for the way his ballot was casted. And while that's 100% ok and your right - do realize the irony enclosed by your comments is remarkably ignorant. And in some cases, sadly bigoted

If you are a staunch republican (personal disclaimer: how anyone can align themselves with just one single party is beyond me) - take a gander at who got tossed from the senate like a disorderly, inebriated fan at a Browns game. Extreme social issues are out (note to self: rape is not a winning platform) - progressiveness is in - and unless both sides actually work in conjunction and not separately, finding common ground, you will see 4 more years of the same fiscal, social & political impasses.

That's not on Obama. And if he were elected, it would not be on Romney, either (Like Boehner, Harry Reid wouldn't allow anything to pass). What it is is a referendum, a mandate on our political system as a whole, to stop with the political gridlock and to perform some necessary soul searching. No more forcing social beliefs that don't necessarily represent the country.

(*NOTE* I'm plagiarizing the hell out of Jack Brickman here, with some edits)

My core beliefs? I believe strongly in reduced deficit spending. I believe nobody should perish because they're too indigent to afford a hospital bill. I believe in helping those less fortunate than myself. I believe in free trade & deregulation. I believe it's nobody's business what a woman does with her body or what a gay couple does at the alter. I believe we need to stop forcing Christian beliefs into our politics. I believe in evolution, science & climate control. I don't believe rape babies are a gift from God, nor do I believe vaginas have shut down mechanisms (ok, in some instances they do ). I also believe unless the budget is balanced, this country is doomed.

Say we can't form a resolution soon - it wouldn't matter if Clinton and Reagan morphed into one super political transformer - the country will leap over the fiscal cliff and into the mouth of a TRex.

If that makes me an idiot, so be it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damage For This Useful Post:

Gee-Mail in KG's Inbox BlueSeats626's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,353 Times in 417 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    You were young once right? When you were 16, were you really thinking about the consequences to the extent you do now?

You make it sound like everyone goes out and uses this type of service. It's for younger people and people with lower incomes. The amount of money they spend compared to Romney's defense increase was futile. Do you honestly believe people would buy their own or stop having sex if they couldn't afford birth control?
    I was smart enough at 16 to know not to get a girl knocked up, and the consequences which could come of it. I was raised to be responsible for my actions.

And its bigger than this one issue. All I see is the continued decline of personal responsibility in this country. Its a very dangerous mindset which got reinforced last night.
    llgauskas desire shall not fade and powder blue seats' bygones be bygones

- RandolphKeys

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueSeats626 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was smart enough at 16 to know not to get a girl knocked up, and the consequences which could come of it. I was raised to be responsible for my actions.

And its bigger than this one issue. All I see is the continued decline of personal responsibility in this country. Its a very dangerous mindset which got reinforced last night.
    Without knowing anything about your background, I can say this is a broad assumption, a declaration that assumes everyone is as smart or mature or as responsible as you. In a faultless world, you're 100% right.

Thanks
    Thanked 28,815 Times in 9,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gourimoko View Post
    Grand bargain.
    Defense cuts.
    Real universal healthcare.
    An end to the Afghanistan war.
    Limited American involvement in Syria.
    A continued apprehension of hawkish Israeli proposals.
    A more progressive supreme court.
    Election reform, end to citizens untied.
    Protection of unions.
    Expansion of gay marriage.
    Protection of a woman's right to choose.

Higher tax rates on the wealthiest Americans.

I'm sure I'm missing some, but I've been on a 36 hr run and just can't sleep....

Go democrats..

I'm still unclear on what exactly a President can do in regard to either of these two subjects, if anything at all. My understanding was that it was highly unlikely a President would affect change on either of these topics.

Help?
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Seizer For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,563 Times in 3,186 Posts

Please. I'm so sick of this philosophy that all Democrats are freeloaders.

You want to know a bit about me? I'm 28. I'm white. I'm from an upper middle class family. I went to a state school in Ohio on a full academic scholarship and got a Master's in Computer Science. I am currently in my second year working for a company that pays me ~70k a year for my services. I've never been on welfare or food stamps.

I can guarantee you that I'm not alone in voting for Obama despite the fact that I don't fall into any of the typical social or ethnic groups associated with voting Democrat.

I vote Democrat because the Republican party has lost their damned minds. Their only concern is with blocking everything the Democratic party tries to do. They are a party filled with ignorant, arrogant idiots who spew hate speech and lies. One needs only look at the Republican primaries to see the quality of the people in the Republican party right now.

I'm not saying the Democratic party is much better, but it is a little better. At least they believe in things like science and education and universal health care. The way I see it, one party in this country is about progress. The other is about regress. And that's why I voted Democrat yesterday.

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post

You want to know a bit about me? I'm 28. I'm white. I'm from an upper middle class family. I went to a state school in Ohio on a full academic scholarship and got a Master's in Computer Science. I am currently in my second year working for a company that pays me ~70k a year for my services. I've never been on welfare or food stamps.

I can guarantee you that I'm not alone in voting for Obama despite the fact that I don't fall into any of the typical social or ethnic groups associated with voting Democrat.

I vote Democrat because the Republican party has lost their damned minds. Their only concern is with blocking everything the Democratic party tries to do. They are a party filled with ignorant, arrogant idiots who spew hate speech and lies. One needs only look at the Republican primaries to see the quality of the people in the Republican party right now.

I'm not saying the Democratic party is much better, but it is a little better. At least they believe in things like science and education and universal health care. The way I see it, one party in this country is about progress. The other is about regress. And that's why I voted Democrat yesterday.
    When I was working in Switzerland, making +100k, I voted for Obama. My parents, who are in the upper-class tax bracket, voted Obama for those very same reasons.

Rich freeloaders? I'll take it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IO_OGIJ View Post
    I'm still unclear on what exactly a President can do in regard to either of these two subjects, if anything at all. My understanding was that it was highly unlikely a President would affect change on either of these topics.

Help?
    The president has little to no control over any social reforms. Social reforms change from generation to generation if anything.

But, he can promise these things to ignorant libtards, and when no "progess" is made, he can still say "HEY GUYS I PROTECTED YOU FROM THOSE CRAZY REPUBLICANS" and they all buy it.

The massive majority of Republicans couldn't give two shits about gay marriage, etc. The Republican party is alientating the moderates in order to keep the crazies/Tea Partiers happy, and it isn't working. The crazies/Tea Partiers are going to vote Repub anyways. If the Republicans want to gain any ground by 2016, they absolutely need to loosen up on "IMPORTANT SOCIAL ISSUES" in order to appease the moderates/fiscally conservative libs. Hey, maybe they can even swing some hipsters to vote for the GOP ironically.

Gee-Mail in KG's Inbox BlueSeats626's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,353 Times in 417 Posts

Oh for crying out loud.

I'm equally sick of your philosophy that all Republicans are bible-thumping, fire and brimstone racists.

My point is that one party accepts a lack of personal responsibility, and one doesn't. I don't understand how this country can ever better itself if we constantly pander to people who make no concerted effort to better themselves. I've already listened to one person on the radio call and say he's happy that Obama won because now he doesn't have to find a job, and can be taken care of. Makes you proud to be American.

Now is my free Iphone in the mail yet?
    llgauskas desire shall not fade and powder blue seats' bygones be bygones

- RandolphKeys

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSeats626 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,771 Times in 1,110 Posts

“The State is not force alone. It depends upon the credulity of man quite as much as upon his docility. Its aim is not merely to make him obey, but also to make him want to obey.” - H.L. Mencken

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OptimusPrime For This Useful Post:

^ kind of a big deal! cavsfan1985's Avatar
    Thanks

To me the biggest negative to me this election were the choices I had. I believe in fiscal conservatism, less government control, and a capitalist economy. However, I believe in social issues such as, Gay Marrage, Pro-Choice, and Education reform. In this election there was no one I could relate to, so I had to choose what was more important to me. That was the economy, and is why I voted with Mitt. I think a lot of people who are in the middle who voted for Mitt was because of this. A lot of people in the middle also voted for Obama based on a social issue such as Obamacare. To me the only voice that really counts is those in the middle. Hardcore Democrats will always vote blue, same with Republicans. The issue last night is their was not a great choice for those of us in the middle.

Just a disclaimer. I am bias toward the Republicans on the economy because of two things, I have a BS degree in Marketing/Sales with a minor in economics, and a Master degree in Finance. I also, recently moved to Utah from Ohio. In the move, I went to a very Red state, and one that is very conservative, and fiscally reasonable. There are no unions, and the state does a great job in spending its money on infrastructural changes and programs to bring jobs to the area. This is in contrast of working in NW Ohio, and SE Michigan that is very Blue, and heavy union.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cavsfan1985 For This Useful Post:

Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,368 Times in 4,780 Posts

I agree the Republican party proved to be out of touch with the needs of 21st Century America.

You can toss Hispanophobia into the list of reasons the Republicans lost this election. Yes, that is a real word. If Republicans take a more reasonable approach to immigration reform, they don't concede the entire west coast aside from Arizona and Utah. They win Florida in a landslide. Latinos are becoming legal citizens at a high rate and they were open to a conservative stance. Mitt's statements on immigration left them running to Obama.

Secondly, I think Obama brought home the Rust Belt when he bailed out the auto industry. He kept jobs in the midwest, and Michigan and Ohio came through for him.
    “It's hard for winners to do comedy. Comedy is inherently subversive. We represent the underdog as comedy usually speaks for the lower classes. We attack the winners.” ~Harold Ramis

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Randolphkeys For This Useful Post: