View Poll Results: Who Will Win the 2012 Presidential Election?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

70 60.87%
  • Mitt Romney

42 36.52%
  • Electoral College Tie

3 2.61%
Page 367 of 386 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 5790
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,103 Times in 1,588 Posts

Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by KB View Post
    There have been instances where a small tax/fee that wasn't paid by homeowners and the fire department came to make sure it didn't spread to other houses but let the homeowners house burn down.....

here are some links of it happening at least twice

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39516346...let-home-burn/

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2011...fee-again?lite
    Nonsense, how dare you? The government is benevolent.
    “The State is not force alone. It depends upon the credulity of man quite as much as upon his docility. Its aim is not merely to make him obey, but also to make him want to obey.” - H.L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 2,082 Times in 1,151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
    You don't have to put it out. The insurance company that has to pay the claim will have a truck their faster than you can blink an eye.
    Insurance is the biggest scam ever so no thanks.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,759 Times in 3,475 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MattyFos View Post
    Not every Democrat is a government leech.... But every government leech is a Democrat.
    Not every Republican is a science hating, bible thumping, homophobic racist.... But every science hating, bible thumping, homophobic racist is a Republican.
    Ass pennies

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yanni Football For This Useful Post:

Albuquerque. My house is the one with the pizza on the roof. Can't miss it.
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,678 Times in 1,436 Posts

Not every dick likes a faggot, but every faggot likes a dick.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Walter White For This Useful Post:

Fighting the good fight! gourimoko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,804 Times in 3,277 Posts

What's really funny is the amount of posts blaming welfare recipients for our nation's woes... get real and do the math.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gourimoko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,753 Times in 1,046 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bgfalcon View Post
    The problem with universal healthcare is that it makes taxes skyrocket. Not just taxes on your income but taxes on other everyday things you buy (cigs, clothes, beer, etc). Look at countries in Europe who have universal healthcare, their income taxes are 20+% higher and packs of cigs cost like 10-12 bucks. Nothing comes for free. We have some of the best hospitals in the world because of competition. I dont know for a fact it would happen but I could sure see much less incentive to go to school for 10+ years getting yourself into a ton of debt to become a doctor in a socialized medical system.
    I can literally attest to everything you said from a Canadian perspective. Cigarettes (the kind I smoke) cost 10.00 per pack, a 24 of the cheapest beer is 28.50 (not old english, that stuff is gross), good beer is 38.50 for a 24. Vodka/Whiskey/etc is generally 26.00 for a 26er, 40.00 for a 40, unless you go for the expensive brands then you can expect it to be close to double.

This area, and most that I know of have a really hard time recruiting doctors. There's about 10 doctors where I live, and only a handful of them have practices, the others work at the hospital. I made an appointment with my doctor for ASAP, and it was almost two months later... Not sure how many people each doctor has on their case load, but everytime I go to the doctor there is generally at least 5 other people in the waiting room.

As for taxes I don't know the exact rate, but I believe it to be about 20-25 %. My dad gets paid 31.25 an hour, which would be 5000/month, 2500/pay with 0% income tax. His actual take home from that is roughly 1700, but that includes union fees, employment insurance, and i'm sure a bunch of other things. I know the union fee is exactly 40.00 per pay.

Taxes are terrible here, and I don't think Healthcare is the biggest problem. Wellfare is a god damned crime. I could go to work at McDonald's work 40/week, and make 820 per pay (minimum wage is 10.25) before taxes, likely 650 after, so 1100 give or take a month for 160 hours of work, or I can stay at home all day long, have a couple of kids, and be on wellfare and make over 2000 a month.

I'm not joking either. My freinds sister isn't even on wellfare, but she could be, has 4 kids and gets 500 dollars/kid/month so 2000 dollars for doing nothing... Her boyfreind works so they likely make more than my dad does per month with him making roughly minimum wage... Utter BS if I do say so myself.

Kids are profitable in this country. If I went on wellfare, which is roughly 800 per month, and had a few kids i'd be making a lot more money then I am now...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mdog1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    I can literally attest to everything you said from a Canadian perspective. Cigarettes (the kind I smoke) cost 10.00 per pack, a 24 of the cheapest beer is 28.50 (not old english, that stuff is gross), good beer is 38.50 for a 24. Vodka/Whiskey/etc is generally 26.00 for a 26er, 40.00 for a 40, unless you go for the expensive brands then you can expect it to be close to double.

This area, and most that I know of have a really hard time recruiting doctors. There's about 10 doctors where I live, and only a handful of them have practices, the others work at the hospital. I made an appointment with my doctor for ASAP, and it was almost two months later... Not sure how many people each doctor has on their case load, but everytime I go to the doctor there is generally at least 5 other people in the waiting room.

As for taxes I don't know the exact rate, but I believe it to be about 20-25 %. My dad gets paid 31.25 an hour, which would be 5000/month, 2500/pay with 0% income tax. His actual take home from that is roughly 1700, but that includes union fees, employment insurance, and i'm sure a bunch of other things. I know the union fee is exactly 40.00 per pay.

Taxes are terrible here, and I don't think Healthcare is the biggest problem. Wellfare is a god damned crime. I could go to work at McDonald's work 40/week, and make 820 per pay (minimum wage is 10.25) before taxes, likely 650 after, so 1100 give or take a month for 160 hours of work, or I can stay at home all day long, have a couple of kids, and be on wellfare and make over 2000 a month.

I'm not joking either. My freinds sister isn't even on wellfare, but she could be, has 4 kids and gets 500 dollars/kid/month so 2000 dollars for doing nothing... Her boyfreind works so they likely make more than my dad does per month with him making roughly minimum wage... Utter BS if I do say so myself.

Kids are profitable in this country. If I went on wellfare, which is roughly 800 per month, and had a few kids i'd be making a lot more money then I am now...
    Then do it, man. It's obviously the responsible and appropriate thing to do.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to "Boobie" Gibson For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I got sick when I was in London visiting and had a rash break out all over my legs. I went to the hospital because I didn't really have a doctor to go see. The ER doc checked me out quickly, told me what it was (the rash was actually my capillaries leaking), and let me leave. It was pretty painless. No bill and I was in and out with hardly any wait. So in my one experience with socialized health care it went pretty well. Obviously that's just one time.
    Last edited by Yanni Football; 11-07-2012 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Damn autocorrect. My legs, not leagues.
    Ass pennies

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Yanni Football For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,910 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Shakalu View Post
    I got sick when I was in London visiting and had a rash break out all over my leagues. I went to the hospital because I didn't really have a doctor to go see. The ER doc checked me out quickly, told me what it was (the rash was actually my capillaries leaking), and let me leave. It was pretty painless. No bill and I was in and out with hardly any wait. So in my one experience with socialized health care it went pretty well. Obviously that's just one time.
    I got sick on vacation in florida. I had painful ear infections in both ears on a sunday. I just needed an amoxicillin prescription. I tried to go to a clinic, all of the ones where I was on vacation were closed, so went to the only local ER. I was there all of 10 minutes and got my prescription. It was so short I had to finish checking in on my way out. The bill came this week - $2000 - and my $1500/month insurance denied coverage. It's under appeal now, who knows what will happen.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KI4MVP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,753 Times in 1,046 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Shakalu View Post
    I got sick when I was in London visiting and had a rash break out all over my leagues. I went to the hospital because I didn't really have a doctor to go see. The ER doc checked me out quickly, told me what it was (the rash was actually my capillaries leaking), and let me leave. It was pretty painless. No bill and I was in and out with hardly any wait. So in my one experience with socialized health care it went pretty well. Obviously that's just one time.
    Come to a Canadian ER where moms bring their 10 year olds that have colds, and people with broken bones sit and wait for 5-7 hours, and tell me universal health care works lol. When I fucked up my knee I waited for over 2 hours to be seen. I got an advil, and an ice pack from the nurse, and sat there and waited while I watched people who appeared to have nothing wrong with them go in before me. It's first come first serve, unless there is a serious medical emergency like a heart attack, or if someone gets brought in by ambulence.

The longest wait I ever had was when I was 5-6 and I broke my leg. My mom said we were there for almost 7 hours ffs.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mdog1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Come to a Canadian ER where moms bring their 10 year olds that have colds, and people with broken bones sit and wait for 5-7 hours, and tell me universal health care works lol. When I fucked up my knee I waited for over 2 hours to be seen. I got an advil, and an ice pack from the nurse, and sat there and waited while I watched people who appeared to have nothing wrong with them go in before me. It's first come first serve, unless there is a serious medical emergency like a heart attack, or if someone gets brought in by ambulence.

The longest wait I ever had was when I was 5-6 and I broke my leg. My mom said we were there for almost 7 hours ffs.
    Shortages are the result of price controls. Just like New York with the storm. The evil price gougers had to be stopped, so the first few vehicles bought all of the gas and there was none left for anyone else who needs it. Market prices mean something in reality. The government can't declare them to be something different without consequences.
    “The State is not force alone. It depends upon the credulity of man quite as much as upon his docility. Its aim is not merely to make him obey, but also to make him want to obey.” - H.L. Mencken

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OptimusPrime For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was just sharing my personal experience. Walked into London hospital and walked out with a diagnosis and no bill in less than an hour and a half.
    Ass pennies

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Yanni Football For This Useful Post:

Veteran 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,504 Times in 1,974 Posts

Same experience for me in Spain.

Maybe Canada just sucks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to JDeezy For This Useful Post:

I need your wifes number
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,868 Times in 609 Posts

I'm still recovering from my brain surgery I had on October 25th. I had a bleed on the brain start up a week after surgery that put me back in the hospital. I was sent to the Cleveland Clinic Emergency room for a cat scan at 4pm. I sat in the hallway, not a room, the hallway until 6am the next morning. Yet, I'm grateful the system was there to save my life. My life was saved by our social safety net, and I really hate it when I see people say that these systems are criminal, or theft. I never asked to be born the way I am. Medical Science has given me life, and it's pretty disappointing to see people willing to take life away from me over money.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cavman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cavman View Post
    I'm still recovering from my brain surgery I had on October 25th. I had a bleed on the brain start up a week after surgery that put me back in the hospital. I was sent to the Cleveland Clinic Emergency room for a cat scan at 4pm. I sat in the hallway, not a room, the hallway until 6am the next morning. Yet, I'm grateful the system was there to save my life. My life was saved by our social safety net, and I really hate it when I see people say that these systems are criminal, or theft. I never asked to be born the way I am. Medical Science has given me life, and it's pretty disappointing to see people willing to take life away from me over money.
    I feel for your situation and using taxpayer money to help you definitely isn't among the worst things they do with the money. It is about the principle though. If there are exceptions to our property rights then we really don't have them. No one is suggesting to take your life away from you. If the government were not involved in health care there would be options for you to get treated and you would even be allowed to work too (I think you were the one who couldn't work if you wanted to keep your health care). Prices would be so much cheaper that you could go to the doctor and pay cash for the treatment, or if nothing else there are charities that would arise because the demand would be there for them. The government isn't the only way to help you.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to OptimusPrime For This Useful Post: