View Poll Results: Who Will Win the 2012 Presidential Election?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

70 60.87%
  • Mitt Romney

42 36.52%
  • Electoral College Tie

3 2.61%
Page 375 of 386 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 5790
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,956 Times in 2,180 Posts

Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election

Romney is supposed to be the business guy. Did Romneycare hurt business in Massachusetts? Was the individual mandate, that he supported in his state a problem? Was the requirement for small business owners to provide insurance, that he supported in his state a problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    You never know some people most likely would love a depression, but those are the rich that can make billions off of doing so like they did the first time. Like I said there is nothing Romney related that made me think he was a competent enough man to be the President, and therefore I would not have voted for him, despite my conservative beliefs.
    I don't mean this to be inflammatory, but what do you define as competent? And then, did/does Obama fit that description when he came into office four years ago?

It seems to me a lot of people mean something else when they say competent. They just link who they like more as a person as the more competent person.

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 483 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Then who the hell is competent? Obama was a Community Organizer and spent one year as a Senator...i dont think he ever had or created a single job outside of politics. He's also had a shitty 4 years as President. What made him competent 4 years ago...or now for that matter?

Mitt has a business and law degree from Harvard. He built one of the largest investment firms in the nation and has experience in about every single industry we have. He was a Senator for 4 years. He knows how to enact Universal Health Care at the State level. He eliminated a $1B+ deficit by spending cuts and closing loopholes. When he took over the Olympics it was facing a $400M shortfall and was riddled with scandal. The games ended up being a huge success and had a $100M surplus...Mitt even donated $1.4M salary he was supposed to receive to the Olympics.

The guy is very intelligent. He is a wildly successful businessman. He was a governor of the most liberal state in the US. How the hell can he not be competent? He was exactly the turnaround guy we needed. We blew it...

It blows my mind. We, as a nation, had the opportunity to elect a VERY successful CEO. Anyone who says he didn't seem competent, it's just, wow. I don't even know what to say.

Obama was a community organizer...lol. Brain-washed nation.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to billmac91 For This Useful Post:

Gee-Mail in KG's Inbox BlueSeats626's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,353 Times in 417 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billmac91 View Post
    It blows my mind. We, as a nation, had the opportunity to elect a VERY successful CEO. Anyone who says he didn't seem competent, it's just, wow. I don't even know what to say.

Obama was a community organizer...lol. Brain-washed nation.
    Yeah but Mitt doesn't play basketball or get endorsements from Jay-Z. You know, stuff that really matters.

This administration has spend the last four years convincing the voting public that being personally successful isn't beneficial to society, and this is where its gotten us.
    llgauskas desire shall not fade and powder blue seats' bygones be bygones

- RandolphKeys

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BlueSeats626 For This Useful Post:

Rising Star
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KI4MVP View Post
    Romney is supposed to be the business guy. Did Romneycare hurt business in Massachusetts? Was the individual mandate, that he supported in his state a problem? Was the requirement for small business owners to provide insurance, that he supported in his state a problem?
    No, it's not a problem by me. The state enacted it. It wasn't forced on them by the federal government which is kind of the point. Massachusetts has several million people, not hundreds of millions. What works for them is their choice as a state. Obama violated the constitution to jam a program down the nations collective throat, that on a national level will cause mass lay-offs which we are already seeing.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to billmac91 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billmac91 View Post
    No, it's not a problem by me. The state enacted it. It wasn't forced on them by the federal government which is kind of the point. Massachusetts has several million people, not hundreds of millions. What works for them is their choice as a state. Obama violated the constitution to jam a program down the nations collective throat, that on a national level will cause mass lay-offs which we are already seeing.
    it's already been ruled as constitutional.

Rising Star
    Thanks

It shouldn't have been.

Listen, even Republicans agree health-care needs to be reformed. The biggest issue people have with it is:

1. The federal government is over-stepping their boundary onto the states

2. Obama asked the House and Senate to pass the bill without even reading it which is sick and is the definition of jamming it down the nations throat.

3. It wasn't done with any bi-partisanship which is probably why it's so grossly unfair to business and we are seeing mass layoffs that were easily predictable.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to billmac91 For This Useful Post:

Gee-Mail in KG's Inbox BlueSeats626's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,353 Times in 417 Posts

And that set a very frightening precedent.

The government forcing an individual to buy a product is a clear violation of one's Freedom of Liberty. The fact that it is going to be used to support a massive entitlement program is even scarier.
    llgauskas desire shall not fade and powder blue seats' bygones be bygones

- RandolphKeys

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BlueSeats626 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 878 Posts

Then who the hell is competent? Obama was a Community Organizer and spent one year as a Senator...i dont think he ever had or created a single job outside of politics. He's also had a shitty 4 years as President. What made him competent 4 years ago...or now for that matter?

Mitt has a business and law degree from Harvard. He built one of the largest investment firms in the nation and has experience in about every single industry we have. He was a Senator for 4 years. He knows how to enact Universal Health Care at the State level. He eliminated a $1B+ deficit by spending cuts and closing loopholes. When he took over the Olympics it was facing a $400M shortfall and was riddled with scandal. The games ended up being a huge success and had a $100M surplus...Mitt even donated $1.4M salary he was supposed to receive to the Olympics.

The guy is very intelligent. He is a wildly successful businessman. He was a governor of the most liberal state in the US. How the hell can he not be competent? He was exactly the turnaround guy we needed. We blew it...
    Certainly not Palin. I liked John 4 years ago personally, but I was less interested in that election than in this one. I just never heard one thing that painted Romney in a positive light, and as I said earlier that might be in part due to the liberal media here. We don't get the full story for sure, but every single thing I heard from, or about Mitt was not something that would make me vote for him.

I don't mean this to be inflammatory, but what do you define as competent? And then, did/does Obama fit that description when he came into office four years ago?

It seems to me a lot of people mean something else when they say competent. They just link who they like more as a person as the more competent person.
    I don't mean Mitt is mentally incapable of throwing together a sentence... I just meant that from what I know of him he didn't seem to really have anything in place that I think was feasible/realistic.

I don't think Obama was like Mitt in the sense that he had a few realistic ideas, but I liked Mccain's ideas better personally. The last election became a race issue imho. "Vote for the black guy, and make history" might as well have been the Obama campaign slogan. When Obama won the election that is all I heard was about a black man winning the election, not about the best candidate winning...

With this election it seems it became about race again towards the end, as outlined by the way minorities voted, and the numbers CNN showed. 90% of hispanics, etc. The worst part about all of this is if Mitt had some semblance of a plan to "appease" the women of the country he likely blows Obama out of the water.

It doesn't really matter though because either way either party was going to stop the president from doing the job they wanted to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    Certainly not Palin. I liked John 4 years ago personally, but I was less interested in that election than in this one. I just never heard one thing that painted Romney in a positive light, and as I said earlier that might be in part due to the liberal media here. We don't get the full story for sure, but every single thing I heard from, or about Mitt was not something that would make me vote for him.

I don't mean Mitt is mentally incapable of throwing together a sentence... I just meant that from what I know of him he didn't seem to really have anything in place that I think was feasible/realistic.

I don't think Obama was like Mitt in the sense that he had a few realistic ideas, but I liked Mccain's ideas better personally. The last election became a race issue imho. "Vote for the black guy, and make history" might as well have been the Obama campaign slogan. When Obama won the election that is all I heard was about a black man winning the election, not about the best candidate winning...

With this election it seems it became about race again towards the end, as outlined by the way minorities voted, and the numbers CNN showed. 90% of hispanics, etc. The worst part about all of this is if Mitt had some semblance of a plan to "appease" the women of the country he likely blows Obama out of the water.

It doesn't really matter though because either way either party was going to stop the president from doing the job they wanted to.
    Alright, so Mitt was not competent because of what you've heard about him (and as you said, that's possibly because of the media where you are). Surprised you didn't mention his record at all. Why didn't that influence your opinion at all?

Also, still haven't answered if you thought Obama was a competent candidate four years ago? (You alluded to it all being about race, so it doesn't matter one way or another, but didn't answer what you actually thought.)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bcort For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 1,116 Posts

The federal government ruling that their own actions are constitutional does not make it so.
    “The State is not force alone. It depends upon the credulity of man quite as much as upon his docility. Its aim is not merely to make him obey, but also to make him want to obey.” - H.L. Mencken

18. The Following User Says Thank You to OptimusPrime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,969 Times in 3,851 Posts

CIA Director Petraeus just resigned...citing an affair.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Maximus For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
    The federal government ruling that their own actions are constitutional does not make it so.
    The Constitution gives the Supreme Court the authority to determine what is constitutional. It's actually unconstitutional to go against the supreme court's rulings.

Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,506 Times in 4,820 Posts

Personal attacks against Obama are an hour late and a nickel short at this point. I could outline how Mitt Romney had his first job as a chauffer in college, but it doesn't mean much compared to what he did more recently. I could point out Mitt's record for job creation in Massachusetts was pretty terrible (47th out of 50 states) but what is the point? Job creation has more to do with the choices corporations make than the politician in charge at the time.

This election should be a lesson to the Republican party that moderates and minorities are increasing. They should be trying to figure out how to win over some moderate voters who aren't die-hard Democrats. Instead, they continue to think "If I just keep refusing to cooperate with everyone else, they will think like me."

Welcome to the next four years of the Republican party acting like spoiled brats, and four more years of it not working. At all.
    “It's hard for winners to do comedy. Comedy is inherently subversive. We represent the underdog as comedy usually speaks for the lower classes. We attack the winners.” ~Harold Ramis

Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSeats626 View Post
    Yeah but Mitt doesn't play basketball or get endorsements from Jay-Z. You know, stuff that really matters.

This administration has spend the last four years convincing the voting public that being personally successful isn't beneficial to society, and this is where its gotten us.
    Oh please, Mitt had endorsements from some celebrities.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSeats626 View Post
    And that set a very frightening precedent.

The government forcing an individual to buy a product is a clear violation of one's Freedom of Liberty. The fact that it is going to be used to support a massive entitlement program is even scarier.
    Then you should have been up in arms years ago when the government forced people to have car insurance.
    Last edited by The Voice; 11-09-2012 at 03:19 PM.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)