View Poll Results: Who Will Win the 2012 Presidential Election?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

70 60.87%
  • Mitt Romney

42 36.52%
  • Electoral College Tie

3 2.61%
Page 378 of 386 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 5790
    Thanks

Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/was...s-report-finds

Yea Ron Paul is super relevant and edgy....

Gee-Mail in KG's Inbox BlueSeats626's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 429 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    We live in a pretty large country, so your argument is flawed. Sure, you could choose not to drive a car, but then you'd be choosing not to work because you can't get from point a to point b without a vehicle. Before you say anything about public transportation, that isn't offered everywhere. Riding a bike isn't feasible with a lot of groceries or to get to work in for most people. How many people above the age of 18 that doesn't drive a car?
    Umm...millions of people live just fine without vehicles everyday, like people who live and work in Manhattan for example. They are free to choose their work/locale/lifestyle/etc. The point is they are not being forced to drive a car! Therefore they are not being forced into buying something they don't want or need (car insurance).

Maybe the government should charge people who don't drive a car a penalty to pay for people who want to drive a car, but can't afford to......
    llgauskas desire shall not fade and powder blue seats' bygones be bygones

- RandolphKeys

Thanks
    Thanked 4,119 Times in 1,597 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Optimus did you really vote for Ron Paul? I did out of general principal. Fuck both of them. What's sad is that America will never unbox itself from the two party paradigm. We have become sheep that care more about their 'fantasy' football teams than REAL problems facing this great land.

We are distracted from the matters of real importance and live in fairy tale lands. Well guess what, Adrian Peterson doesn't know you or give a fuck about you, neither does LeBron, or Obama. Wendy's doesn't give a fuck about us, if they did then they wouldn't feed their cattle corn, when in reality they are only supposed to graze grass. They care about the bottom line. It's cheaper to feed cattle corn, but in reality their immune system doesn't process it correctly and deadly viruses can born. Our FDA is completely inept, but it's a reflection of the federal government.

Ron Paul is correct that there is very little difference between the two candidates, they both sucked. He also mentioned how the debates never even touched on monetary policy or auditing the Federal Reserve. Neither really gave a plan as to where their cuts would be. They are going to try to borrow and spend out of the recession. All this talk about "job creation" without addressing our national debt. 20 trillion in debt by 2016 and people don't think that the value of our currency will take a hit. It's also not a big deal that artificial value can be created on a computer system or the Federal Reserve can just print more currency, behind closed doors and manipulate the money supply without any oversight from congress.

Just make sure you DVR The Jersey Shore! Fuck Americans and what were becoming.
    I voted for him in the primary. I voted for Johnson in the general just to try to help out the LP even if I don't really care for them much either. The people will wake up eventually. Unfortunately, it will probably be by troops marching the streets after the phony economy collapses.
    “The State is not force alone. It depends upon the credulity of man quite as much as upon his docility. Its aim is not merely to make him obey, but also to make him want to obey.” - H.L. Mencken

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OptimusPrime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,119 Times in 1,597 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruken View Post
    http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/was...s-report-finds

Yea Ron Paul is super relevant and edgy....
    Yeah, I'm convinced by another baseless media smear job of the only honest man in Washington. Even if he did double bill his travel expenses, which I doubt, he covered it when he returned the money that was left over from running his office every year. Or by not taking a federal pension.
    “The State is not force alone. It depends upon the credulity of man quite as much as upon his docility. Its aim is not merely to make him obey, but also to make him want to obey.” - H.L. Mencken

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OptimusPrime For This Useful Post:

Veteran 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,504 Times in 1,974 Posts

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/17/washington-post-elizabeth-flock-resigns_n_1431005.html

Washington Post writer Elizabeth Flock resigned last week after an editor's note ran above her blog post stating that a "significant ethical lapse" had occurred from failing to appropriately credit a source.

This is not the first time that an editor's note has been added to Flock's post. In December 2011, Flock came under fire for a post she wrote titled, "Mitt Romney is using a KKK slogan in his speeches." The editor's note above that piece stated that the post "contains multiple, serious factual errors that undermine its premise." The note also acknowledges that The Post "should have contacted [GOP candidate Mitt Romney's] campaign for comment before publication."

That is irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JDeezy For This Useful Post:

Veteran 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,504 Times in 1,974 Posts

Posted comment:

I still don't get why anyone thinks a reasonable person is going to believe that Ron Paul, a millionaire with a staff who handles his day to day finances for him, has been personally 'nickle and diming' the government over a period of 10 years over airplane tickets to the grand total of only $15,000 - all while annually returning over $100,000 in office funds to the Treasury.

The entire premise makes absolutely no logical sense, does it?

And this certainly does not earn the headline, "Ron Paul One Of The Most Corrupt Members Of Congress, Report Finds" which by the way is NOT what the report found (read the actual report linked in the blog).

Elizabeth Flock is, at worst, a liar (for her headline) and, at best, a careless dispenser of very hyperbolic "news" reporting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,590 Times in 9,751 Posts

I may have mentioned this on here before, but I have a pre-existing condition (seizure disorder). First things first...you are welcome to make fun of me for it. All of my friends do and I enjoy it.

On a more serious note, I'm getting rejected by EVERY individual insurance plan in PA, whereas here in FL I've had an individual plan that I pay $161 per month with a $250 medicine deductible and a $1,500 medical deductible with reasonable co-pays. Up there I'm appealing five rejections and if I do get approved, indy plans are looking more like $200 minimum. Group will be at least $400 and both my wife and I will need to get it through her uncle's practice. That's a lot more than I'm used to.

So for someone like me, what are my costs looking like under Obama's plan, when do I start, etc, etc? Can't find anything with specific numbers. Wht will te plans cover? Have specific carriers been chosen?
    I am also known as Liberace.

Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

BET SLOTS FULL- 6/28/2014

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko, MalTalm, pr26. Vindicate2, Warren G

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:

I need your wifes number
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,868 Times in 609 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IO_OGIJ View Post
    I may have mentioned this on here before, but I have a pre-existing condition (seizure disorder). First things first...you are welcome to make fun of me for it. All of my friends do and I enjoy it.

On a more serious note, I'm getting rejected by EVERY individual insurance plan in PA, whereas here in FL I've had an individual plan that I pay $161 per month with a $250 medicine deductible and a $1,500 medical deductible with reasonable co-pays. Up there I'm appealing five rejections and if I do get approved, indy plans are looking more like $200 minimum. Group will be at least $400 and both my wife and I will need to get it through her uncle's practice. That's a lot more than I'm used to.

So for someone like me, what are my costs looking like under Obama's plan, when do I start, etc, etc? Can't find anything with specific numbers. Wht will te plans cover? Have specific carriers been chosen?
    It's really unknown territory. They will have to cover your pre-existing condition, and they will not be able to charge you more because of it. Does that mean that it will be cheaper than you pay now? Who knows. The exchange opens up more competition between plans and should make them more competitive to group plans since everyone without a group plan will be shopping from the exchange. I think that this will bring down costs in the short term, but long term I'm not all that hopeful that this is the fix. I think this is the seed that leads us to a real solution though.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,568 Times in 4,021 Posts

Do the seizures prevent you from reading? All your answers are right here...idiot -

http://www.healthcare.gov/law/resour...protection.pdf

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maximus For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Do the seizures prevent you from reading? All your answers are right here...idiot -

http://www.healthcare.gov/law/resour...protection.pdf
    Says nothing about pricing aine-lips. Not that I could read that anyways.

Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko, MalTalm, pr26. Vindicate2, Warren G

Thanks
    Thanked 8,813 Times in 3,481 Posts

Says nothing about pricing aine-lips. Not that I could read that anyways.
    How much does it cost to have a doctor rip you a new ass hole?
    Ass pennies

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shakalu M.D. For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Shakalu View Post
    How much does it cost to have a doctor rip you a new ass hole?
    A picture of yourself pumping milk.

Bettors:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,813 Times in 3,481 Posts

A picture of yourself pumping milk.
    Ouch. Did it hurt to dig into your self lactating stash?
    Ass pennies

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Shakalu M.D. For This Useful Post:

Thanks

6,125 Proposed Regulations and Notifications Posted in Last 90 Days--Average 68 per Day

By Penny Starr

November 9, 2012

Subscribe to Penny Starr's posts

(AP File Photo)

(CNSNews.com) – It’s Friday morning, and so far today, the Obama administration has posted 165 new regulations and notifications on its reguations.gov website.

In the past 90 days, it has posted 6,125 regulations and notices – an average of 68 a day.

The website allows visitors to find and comment on proposed regulations and related documents published by the U.S. federal government. "Help improve Federal regulations by submitting your comments," the website says.

The thousands of entries run the gamut from meeting notifications to fee schedules to actual rules and proposed rule changes.

In recent days, for example, the EPA posted a proposed rule involving volatile organic compound emissions from architectural coatings: “We are approving a local rule that regulates these emission sources under the Clean Air Act (CAA or the Act),” the proposed rule states. “We are taking comments on this proposal and plan to follow with a final action.”

Another proposed rule will provide guidance for FDA staff on "enforcement criteria for canned ackee, frozen ackee, and other ackee products that contain hypoglycin A." (Ackee is the national fruit of Jamaica; unripened or inedible portions can be toxic.)

Some of the proposed regulations revise regulations already on the books.

The website also links to a video of a speech President Barack Obama gave at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington, D.C. on Feb. 7, 2011, in which the president promised to remove “outdated and unnecessary regulations.”

“I've ordered a government-wide review, and if there are rules on the books that are needlessly stifling job creation and economic growth, we will fix them,” the president said.

A number of groups, including the Competitive Enterprise Institute, expect a rush of new regulations now that President Obama has won a second term:

CEI expects the EPA to move ahead on delayed rules on everything from greenhouse gas emissions to ozone standards. “Rules from the health care bill and the Dodd-Frank financial regulation bill will also likely make themselves known in the weeks to come," the group said on its website.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Maximus For This Useful Post:

Thanks

In 59 Philadelphia voting divisions, Mitt Romney got ZERO votes. ZERO out of 19605 voters.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maximus For This Useful Post: