Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,454 Times in 2,876 Posts

Default Re: wknr announcement

I implore everyone to start listening to the Dan Patrick show on a regular basis. Not a Cleveland show, but still fantastic.
    -Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pyro For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,203 Times in 1,370 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    Im sure it would be better if we had winning teams
    I disagree. With losing/rebuilding teams, there's so much more to discuss/analyze/have an opinion about.

Gee-Mail in KG's Inbox BlueSeats626's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,409 Times in 428 Posts

I greatly prefer 92.3 to WKNR, but my only complaint is that they took over the one good FM music station in this city.

Baskin and Phelps have the best show in Cleveland. Its caller driven and intelligent. They don't run off callers after two seconds for having a differing opinion. I also like Bull and Fox but its way too football heavy. And they sometime talk in circles when they clearly are trying to kill time. Kylie and Booms isn't bad if you simply view it as comedy, and not an informational sports show.

How do people still listen to RBS? Rizzo has completely given up and Hammer's act is so old. Plus its a 3 hour commercial for JoeBees.

As for Fedor, good riddance. They guy was a pure front runner yet bashed anything a Cleveland team did, another tired act. And how will we ever survive without our "draft guru" giving us updates from the NFL combine about players' dick sizes.
    Last edited by BlueSeats626; 01-27-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    llgauskas desire shall not fade and powder blue seats' bygones be bygones

- RandolphKeys

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSeats626 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The last time I tuned in to the ass-fuckingly painful "Hooligans" show, Fedor was claiming to have not read a book since junior high, which wasn't particularly shocking but a bit perplexing as to why he or anyone would proudly admit to it. What I am not proud to admit is how I do listen to far too much Cleveland sports talk radio (along with an overdose of other radio programs/podcasts.) Last week, Really Big Show host and forehead-American, Tony Rizzo reminisced about his wild weekend in New Orleans with FOX 8's Chocolate Jesus, Kenny Crumpton which inspired me to write a screenplay. It's titled, "The Hangover 3: Sunglasses, Advil and JoeBee's."

Our story begins in the final week leading up until the much-anticipated Aaron Goldhammer wedding. Throwing a bachelor party that only he could, Uncle Rizzy decides to send his partner Hammer off in style with a weekend in The Big Easy. Rounding out the wolfpack along with Rizz and Hammer are the maestro of mischief, Kenny Crumpton and the legendary pollen-peddler, JoeBee. The film features a historic amount of placement product in cinema as the boys find themselves in quite the debacle after failing to have Alarm Force installed in their party palace, which leads a pair of hoodlums (The Bull and The Fox) to break-in through their non-Window Nation windows. They then proceed to kidnap JoeBee along with his golden capsules and make a clean, GREAT ESCAPE.

The wolfpack is devastated by the development, but not deterred as they hop in Rizz's Gillingham Ford and search the city for their dear friend. Along the way, an inadvertent tweet that was intended to be a direct message from Tony Grossi not only reveals that Grossi is a double-agent for 92.3 The Fan but has also planted clues in Chris Fedor's NFL Draft Guide, Da Vinci Code-style, regarding the hidden location of JoeBee. So much suspense, and so little time before one of the most celebrated weddings in the city of Cleveland's history is scheduled to transpire. "The Hangover 3: Sunglasses, Advil and JoeBee's" is a a story of friendship, adulthood and shamelessly shilling for $50 radio spots.
    Last edited by Kevalier; 01-27-2013 at 11:58 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevalier For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 Times in 671 Posts

Right now, Munch is talking about how he likes pickles on his sandwiches and his favorite breakfast spots....

Just excellent sports analysis across the board.
    Last edited by MDLT; 01-27-2013 at 12:35 PM.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MDLT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,078 Times in 1,056 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MDLT View Post
    Right now, Munch is talking about he likes pickles on his sandwiches and his favorite breakfast spots....

I'm surprised you could even understand what the hell he was saying. I know I never do. Guy is incoherent and intolerable. How he still has a job is beyond me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NorthCoastBias For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theNorthCoastKid View Post
    I'm surprised you could even understand what the hell he was saying. I know I never do. Guy is incoherent and intolerable. How he still has a job is beyond me.
    I can understand what he's talking about for moments at time, and turn it off almost as soon as I know he's on. I'm not sure how most of the KNR hosts have a job, though - they're programming is truly awful. The only reason anyone listens to them is b/c of a lack of competition.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 1,896 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MDLT View Post
    Right now, Munch is talking about how he likes pickles on his sandwiches and his favorite breakfast spots....

It's not much better than Ken Silverstein saying how everyone is stupid and he is God almighty.

Can't believe the hate for the RBS. Rizzo overreacting his hilarious and Hammer is okay, a lot of the guys really do need to be run though. The only thing I hate about RBS is that when they try and talk basketball, you can tell that neither guy really likes the sport outside of the major stories. Hammer and Rizzo talking about how Dion Waiters will be out of the NBA in 2 years is banging my head against the wall stupid. Everything else on KNR is ridiculously awful, though. Surprised there isn't more hate for Greg Brinda, who I find to be an absolute bozo and one of the worst sports talk show hosts of all time. Hooley isn't much better, but at least he isn't a total loss for words like Brinda.

Ken Carmen along with Bull and Fox are my favorite on 92.3. I like Baskin and Phelps but damn are they a little too old guy radio for me. I don't know, something about them just makes me feel like as a younger listener, I feel left out of the group. But they do fantastic shows the day after a huge trade or firing or if there is a major sports story. Lindsey Baseball is intolerable to listen to, though. She sounds like a 2nd year broadcast student.

Rising out of the ashes

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Amherstcavsfan For This Useful Post:

Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 Times in 1,910 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amherstcavsfan View Post
    It's not much better than Ken Silverstein saying how everyone is stupid and he is God almighty.

Can't believe the hate for the RBS. Rizzo overreacting his hilarious and Hammer is okay, a lot of the guys really do need to be run though. The only thing I hate about RBS is that when they try and talk basketball, you can tell that neither guy really likes the sport outside of the major stories. Hammer and Rizzo talking about how Dion Waiters will be out of the NBA in 2 years is banging my head against the wall stupid. Everything else on KNR is ridiculously awful, though. Surprised there isn't more hate for Greg Brinda, who I find to be an absolute bozo and one of the worst sports talk show hosts of all time. Hooley isn't much better, but at least he isn't a total loss for words like Brinda.

Ken Carmen along with Bull and Fox are my favorite on 92.3. I like Baskin and Phelps but damn are they a little too old guy radio for me. I don't know, something about them just makes me feel like as a younger listener, I feel left out of the group. But they do fantastic shows the day after a huge trade or firing or if there is a major sports story. Lindsey Baseball is intolerable to listen to, though. She sounds like a 2nd year broadcast student.
    I'm glad I'm not alone there. She mispronounces names like it's her job.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Phills14 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,014 Times in 3,893 Posts

When I read the bolded, you lost all credibility with me

Thanks

I don't think RBS is very good radio, but admit that it's much better than anything else on KNR. They at least discuss sports and do not make the listener want to immediately turn off the radio, which more than you can say for the rest of KNR programs.

Stylin' and Profilin' Juice Is Loose's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,915 Times in 637 Posts

Everything you said about KNR, I agree with 100%. I remember in Byron Scotts first year here, Rizzo was talking about how Byron needs to be put on the hot seat for not winning games. I can tolerate RBS to a point but it's gotten old and the callers are about as dumb as you can get. Holy shit, I turn it off when they start taking calls it's so bad. Brenda is the biggest assclown in Cleveland. Hooley is an OSU homer, and I really don't think KNR cares who they hire.

I went to HS with a kid who is sometimes on the air at KNR, he went to school for radio and now he is giving his opinion on all the teams and writes blogs (which are awful). Blows my mind how someone can have no credibility and they'll hire them.
    “Take your comebacks, write them down on a sheet of paper. Roll it up tight, soak it in water, freeze it overnight, then jam it up your ass.”

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    Everything you said about KNR, I agree with 100%. I remember in Byron Scotts first year here, Rizzo was talking about how Byron needs to be put on the hot seat for not winning games. I can tolerate RBS to a point but it's gotten old and the callers are about as dumb as you can get. Holy shit, I turn it off when they start taking calls it's so bad. Brenda is the biggest assclown in Cleveland. Hooley is an OSU homer, and I really don't think KNR cares who they hire.

I went to HS with a kid who is sometimes on the air at KNR, he went to school for radio and now he is giving his opinion on all the teams and writes blogs (which are awful). Blows my mind how someone can have no credibility and they'll hire them.
    Will Burge?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,454 Times in 2,876 Posts

Again...

-Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,428 Times in 2,744 Posts

DP is the best.