Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,567 Times in 1,663 Posts

Default Re: wknr announcement

Is Dan Patrick even on a local station? If so what station?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,644 Times in 2,597 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phills14 View Post
    Is Dan Patrick even on a local station? If so what station?
    Ohio
    Akron WARF-AM 1350 9:00a-12:00p
    Cincinnati WSAI-AM 1360 9:00a-12:00p
    Columbus WYTS-AM 1230 9:00a-12:00p
    Dayton WONE-AM 980 9:00a-12:00p
    Dayton WIZE-AM 1340 9:00a-12:00p
    Findlay WFOB-AM 1430 9:00a-12:00p
    Ironton WIRO-AM 1230 9:00a-12:00p
    Youngstown WNIO-AM 1390 9:00a-12:00p
    http://www.danpatrick.com/radio-station-affiliates/

I always listen to it online after it's aired, because I can listen on my time.
    -Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,643 Times in 604 Posts

I like 92.3 better personally. Though I wish they wouldn't talk about the Browns so damn much.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,537 Times in 669 Posts

Really good stuff right now on KNR. Hooley and Brinda are talking about cough drops and times when they were really sick. Love these guys.....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MDLT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,048 Times in 3,543 Posts

So, I worked late today & had a chance to listen to some Bull & Fox while I was driving.

Do they always sound like they have no idea on anything going on with the Cavs?

For the couple minutes I listened to them talk about the Cavs, it was a bunch of stammering, "uh's", etc.:

"Yeah, they've been playing better though.. they've won, what's it been, 3 in a row?"

"Um..... Yeah, 3 in a row now for them. Kyrie's hit 5 game winning shots now in his career."

"Wow, and that's only in... a short amount of time.. He hasn't even been in the league that long."

Not exact words, but pretty close.

I immediately turned it off.
    Last edited by MoFlo; 01-28-2013 at 06:11 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoFlo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,950 Times in 1,763 Posts

Which is why Carmen is the best. Dude loves basketball and is the source to go to for basketball sports talk.

Well, Rhoda will talk about it too but...yeahhhh....

Rising out of the ashes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoFlo View Post
    So, I worked late today & had a chance to listen to some Bull & Fox while I was driving.

For the couple minutes I listened to them talk about the Cavs, it was a bunch of stammering, "uh's", etc.:

"Yeah, they've been playing better though.. they've won, what's it been, 3 in a row?"

"Um..... Yeah, 3 in a row now for them. Kyrie's hit 5 game winning shots now in his career."

"Wow, and that's only in... a short amount of time.. He hasn't even been in the league that long."

Unfortunately as of late yes. Both have said they have yet to go to a game this year. There first year here they were better about the cavs. Bull prefers to talk football or baseball and Dustin of course likes football most.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,276 Times in 1,818 Posts

For all the knocks on 850 (WKNR), every time I listen to 92.3 it is not only nothing special... It is pretty damn awful and uninformed. I'd rather have folks talk sports along with pop culture and whatnot than try to overextend their ability/knowledge. 92.3 is just a poopfest for me.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

Hall of Farmer
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,160 Times in 2,541 Posts

This is a Browns town first. Then Indians Spring training, and the with time we have left, its a Cavs town.

I can't stand Kiley and Booms. Half the time, they aren't even talking sports. I prefer Bull & the Fox. Its nice to have someone who actually played football to hear about.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chardon View Post
    This is a Browns town first. Then Indians Spring training, and the with time we have left, its a Cavs town.

I can't stand Kiley and Booms. Half the time, they aren't even talking sports. I prefer Bull & the Fox. Its nice to have someone who actually played football to hear about.
    Irrelevant.

If it's your job to talk sports on the radio, you should know what's going on in all the sports of said city.

The way Bull & Fox were talking about the Cavs, you'd think they'd just heard of the team & were a couple weeks into learning everything about them. It was pretty pathetic.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MoFlo For This Useful Post:

Hall of Farmer
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,160 Times in 2,541 Posts

Irrelevant.

If it's your job to talk sports on the radio, you should know what's going on in all the sports of said city.

The way Bull & Fox were talking about the Cavs, you'd think they'd just heard of the team & were a couple weeks into learning everything about them. It was pretty pathetic.
    Supply and demand. If you have 9 callers calling about the Browns, and 1 calling about the cavs, which team will you spend most of your time talking about? Program directors spend time researching which topic yields the most viewers/calls and they adjust accordingly.

Thanks

Supply and demand. If you have 9 callers calling about the Browns, and 1 calling about the cavs, which team will you spend most of your time talking about? Program directors spend time researching which topic yields the most viewers/calls and they adjust accordingly.
    Oh I get that.. But at the very least, don't sound like complete morons during that 1 call. At least do enough research to know that this is Kyrie's 2nd year in the league. Bull stammered over that & had to settle for "Wow, that's in his.. *pause*.. short amount of time in the league.. he hasn't even been in the league that long".

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

Oh I get that.. But at the very least, don't sound like complete morons during that 1 call. At least do enough research to know that this is Kyrie's 2nd year in the league. Bull stammered over that & had to settle for "Wow, that's in his.. *pause*.. short amount of time in the league.. he hasn't even been in the league that long".
    Honestly, most of these talk show guys on 92.3 don't know basketball from the hole in their asses. Last week Booms was trying to preach to Kylie about Dion and TT and was just absolutely making a fool out of himself. Then Kylie sounded even more idiotic talking about how CLE just overrates KI because they haven't seen good basketball in so long blah blah blah. It was just awful. The show can be failry annoying as is, but when any of these guys try talking cavs it just gets ugly. Phelps is ok, but his homer tends to bleed through. Carmen is probably the most competent of all, but that's not saying a ton.

I can't even listen to KNR anymore. Back in the day, before 92.3, I used to listen just to get my fix, but it just irritated me more than anything. I used to constantly ask myself why I would insist on listening to that buffoon Brinda all the time. Glutton for ear torture I guess.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

You do know that KNR has Cherry?
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,276 Times in 1,818 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    You do know that KNR has Cherry?
    I happen to like Je'rod quite a bit. He gets a bad rap, for what I really have no clue. He's intellegent, well articulated and has played in more NFL games than Dustin Fox could dream of. Not to mention he has won multiple Super Bowls on the Patriots. IMO, when I hear people rag on him, it sounds like the teacher in Peanuts. Ignorance.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RappSoda For This Useful Post: