Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,299 Times in 874 Posts

Default Re: wknr announcement

I always thought Sindelar was like that entertaining loud guy you sit next to in a bar. He didn't always use proper grammer, but was generally sharper than you might think at first, and could make you crack up while he was bitching about the latest play some Cleveland team just screwed up on the TV.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,078 Times in 1,056 Posts

Somewhat off topic, but what ever happened to Kevin Keane? I used to listen to him on Extra Innings and Sportsline all the time when I was younger.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,841 Times in 2,063 Posts

Whoever thinks that WKNR is done, you're misguided... Rizzo is that station, which is why they can shuffle shit around as much as they do. He pulls ratings and so does Hammer. Hooley actually gets listeners, but I think he's too much sometimes, so he'll always stay. The addition of Grossi has made that station a Browns mecca and now they have the Browns for AM broadcasts. Don't fool yourself, WKNR's moves aren't indicative of anything.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

Thanks
    Thanked 16,014 Times in 3,893 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RappSoda View Post
    Whoever thinks that WKNR is done, you're misguided... Rizzo is that station, which is why they can shuffle shit around as much as they do. He pulls ratings and so does Hammer. Hooley actually gets listeners, but I think he's too much sometimes, so he'll always stay. The addition of Grossi has made that station a Browns mecca and now they have the Browns for AM broadcasts. Don't fool yourself, WKNR's moves aren't indicative of anything.
    The addition of Grossi actually makes me not even think of switching back to listening to KNR

Seriously though..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoFlo View Post
    The addition of Grossi actually makes me not even think of switching back to listening to KNR

Seriously though..

^this

Grossi on the radio is like a sleeping pill. Even more so than his articles used to be
    ďIím going to be on a mission. Iíve handled my personal vendettas and handled them well. Every challenge you put in front of me, Iíve handled it, dismantled it Ė ate them, dropped them off in the bathroom and flushed them away.Ē - Shaq

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,299 Times in 874 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RappSoda View Post
    I don't think WKNR can make it long term with only one successful show. One of the reasons they paid for the Browns was under the assumption that it would have a ripple effect on some of their other shows. Getting listeners only for the games themselves is nice, but if those other shows suck and can't capitalize on that, I don't think they can pull enough ad revenue to make it viable. Plus, relying on one show is pretty risky. If the RBS dips for whatever reason -- and shows do go stale sometimes -- they've got little to fall back on as things now stand.

On the other hand, I don't think they're done making moves. No person with two operating brain cells can honestly believe that Munch will have any long-term success in the 6-8 slot. He's a good soldier who will do whatever they tell him to do, but I think they have other plans for that slot.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,078 Times in 1,056 Posts

Tony Grossi: a face made for radio, a voice made for print

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NorthCoastBias For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,335 Times in 2,606 Posts

Just happened to turn on WKNR for a second and I heard Kosar is getting his own restaurant. Somewhere in Northfield Park? I thought he said the name was going to be Kosar's Smoke Cooked Steaks?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,014 Times in 3,893 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoastKid View Post
    Tony Grossi: a face made for radio, a voice made for print
    ..And a pen made for the unemployment line..

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MoFlo For This Useful Post: