Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
    Thanks

Default Re: Urban Meyer hired by OSU

He said after the season that the players needed to be motivated next season too... to play angry... and he said something along the lines that he will manufactor a reason for them to play angry if he has to.

He certainly did it the start of training camp this year... recall how he bashed the team as inept, how unskilled the wr's were, how out of shape the oline was... he does know how to push buttons (which is why guys like Urban and probably Saban can't cut it in the NFL... their psych tricks don't work as well on a 7 year veteran making mega millions as they do on a naive underclassman)
    Money will buy a fine dog . . .

but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,049 Times in 3,424 Posts

Anyone think any team is touching Alabama?

Yeah, me neither.
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 679 Posts

Just goes to show how good Manziel is.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,362 Times in 2,180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    Just goes to show how good Manziel is.
    I was watching him and he has a weird throwing style similar to Tebow where he winds up before throwing. i think Manziel could run into Tebow=like issues at the next level.

Don't just stare at it.. A Squared's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 785 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Anyone think any team is touching Alabama?

Yeah, me neither.
    They only faced one good offense this season and they lost to them. I think Ohio State and Oregon could both put up a really good fight.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,790 Times in 1,886 Posts

Ohio State will get their chance. Hopefully, we will be ready.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,102 Times in 3,896 Posts

I'm drooling at the thought of a Saban led Alabama team facing an Urban Meyer led OSU team once he's had the chance to really put his full stamp on the school.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,790 Times in 1,886 Posts

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,049 Times in 3,424 Posts

Posted, but Petrino at the end is worth the rewatch.
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

Gold Star Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoFlo View Post
    I'm drooling at the thought of a Saban led Alabama team facing an Urban Meyer led OSU team once he's had the chance to really put his full stamp on the school.
    I dont know why, it will be as bad of a game as the one we watched on Monday. Beating shit Big 10 teams by a couple of points isn't going to beat a Saban led Alabama team. Saban is so locked in it is scary.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,102 Times in 3,896 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I dont know why, it will be as bad of a game as the one we watched on Monday. Beating shit Big 10 teams by a couple of points isn't going to beat a Saban led Alabama team. Saban is so locked in it is scary.
    I'm not saying he'd have beaten him this season.. but once Urban puts his full stamp on this team, it'd be a hell of a game.

Urban loves speed & knows the SEC well. Once this team is full of all his recruits, he'd give a Saban led 'Bama team a run for its money.

Gold Star Member
    Thanks

That is a lot of predictable rhetoric from osu fans about Meyer, but I think a lot of you need to realize why he left in the first place.

Saban loves the stress, loves the grind and loves all of the craziness that comes with oiling the machine.

Meyer looked stressed out even talking about it during post game analysis. Someone will be able to unseat Alabama once the playoff system starts, but for right now, I just dont see how the gumps lose this anytime soon. I mean, all anyone did was talk about the running game, imagine had they still had Trent who had a damn good rookie season.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 663 Posts

That is a lot of predictable rhetoric from osu fans about Meyer, but I think a lot of you need to realize why he left in the first place.

Saban loves the stress, loves the grind and loves all of the craziness that comes with oiling the machine.

Meyer looked stressed out even talking about it during post game analysis. Someone will be able to unseat Alabama once the playoff system starts, but for right now, I just dont see how the gumps lose this anytime soon. I mean, all anyone did was talk about the running game, imagine had they still had Trent who had a damn good rookie season.
    Why don't you go post on an Alabama message board loser

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RealKingofCleve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,512 Times in 5,380 Posts

Speaking of predictable rhetoric...
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 544 Posts

Meyer pointed it out when he was on the panel during and after the championship game. When he was asked what was most remarkable about Bama's dominance he said it was that Saban is able to keep all his coaches. Most coaches move on as soon as the first championship is won to be higher profile jobs, but Saban is able to keep them there. That is huge. They've always had the the talent in Alabama(all they have is football). They didn't get dominant until Saban got there.

If braxton improves his passing, he is the type of QB that Bama would have trouble with(Manzell, Newton).

But let's be honest here, bama wins these games in the trenches and if we don't have an offensive line that compares to theres, they have the clear advantage.

On a side note, Jordan hall is officially granted a fifth year