Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Playoff Bound! 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,482 Times in 1,966 Posts

Default Re: Sacramento Kings Total Cluster-fudge

At the time we all thought JJ was a moron with stone hands. Which he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeezy For This Useful Post:

10-Day Contract
    Thanks

Can we stop saying the Cavs won't get anything from Sacramento?

Trade conditions:

2013 first round draft pick from Sacramento
    Sacramento's own 2013 first round draft pick to Cleveland (top-13 protected in 2013, top-12 protected in 2014, top-10 protected in 2015, top-10 protected in 2016 and top-10 protected in the 2017 Draft) If Cleveland has not received a first round pick from Sacramento by 2017, then Sacramento shall convey their own 2017 2nd round draft pick to Cleveland provided it is within the top-55 picks. If it is not, then Sacramento's obligation to Cleveland shall be extinguished. (Cleveland-Sacramento, 6/30/2011)

The 1st is top 10 protected in 2017. If they're still in the top ten, Cavs get their second round pick - provided it's in the top 55. In other words, the only way the Cavs get screwed is if there's a six-way tie for the 10th worst record in the leage and Sacramento loses the coin flips. Or, if the NBA adds 15 new expansion teams.

Wait, this is Cleveland, either option is plausible.

Drafting workout allstars RchfldCavRaised's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,853 Times in 1,879 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MRMsix6 View Post
    Lotta hindsight in this thread.
    An hour after the terms of the trade were known...

Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    Blast me for this

Didnt like draft night

Dont like this trade. (because of the protections)

2012 lottery protected does not work for me. There were/are other teams interested in Hickson other than Sac. Omri Casspi can be pretty good, but as it is right now, he is not of Hicksons caliber of asset nor player.

I cant shake the feeling that once locked in on a target, this FO is in tunnel vision mode.
    Alot of speculation on what JJ Hickson would have POSSIBLY cost us on the RFA market under a new CBA, in order to justify this trade.
    Also, anyone hoping or wishing Sacramento would suddenly make the playoffs, have to understand that the Owners are still hoping to relocate the Kings in the next few seasons.

I put the Clippers chances on making the playoffs much higher than Sacto over the next 5 years

(At the time, this seemed far fetched as all the Clippers had was Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon... perhaps I should play the lottery for the first time ever tonight)

Proceed, Governor
    The Richfield Trade Deadline Survival Kit post... here

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,667 Times in 3,228 Posts

If the Kings are still picking in the top ten in 2017, they deserve to keep their pick.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    If the Kings are still picking in the top ten in 2017, they deserve to keep their pick.
    Im thinking the only way they will not, is if the Maloofs sell. The new owner would of course be guaranteed a top pick in the draft (as most new owners are under Stern/Silver) and the new city would put asses in the seats to justify spending a little bit.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,896 Times in 9,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fuggles View Post
    So does this mean I should hate on Tristan more or less?

Realcavsfans is confusing.
    Tristan does not tie into this discussion as far as I can see.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko

Boss of all Bosses Goldin Brown's Avatar
    Thanks

Im thinking the only way they will not, is if the Maloofs sell. The new owner would of course be guaranteed a top pick in the draft (as most new owners are under Stern/Silver) and the new city would put asses in the seats to justify spending a little bit.
    I'm thinking they end up in Seattle by 2015, probably with a Jabari Parker or something.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Goldin Brown For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goldin Brown View Post
    I'm thinking they end up in Seattle by 2015, probably with a Jabari Parker or something.
    That would be awesome. They would need new owners though. Seattle deserves their Sonics back even though I dont want Sacramento to lose their team. I still get chills when I think of those two broadcasters tearing up when they thought the team was leaving for sure the season before last.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,979 Times in 1,168 Posts

An hour after the terms of the trade were known...
    Good for you.

That doesn't change my sentiment. What should we realistically have been able to get for Hickson to make it a good trade in your eyes?

I liked the trade when it happened, and I'm still ok with it today even knowing how worthless Casspi is. Chris Grant looked pretty good after Hickson bombed out of Sacramento. A year later it's not looking like quite the home run. Imagine how we'll see this a year or two from now. I see a pretty good chance of getting a late lotto pick within the next 5 years. The Kings look bad now, but 5 years is a long time for any team not to be able to escape the bottom 10.
    Last edited by MRMsix6; 11-13-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MRMsix6 View Post
    The Kings look bad now, but 5 years is a long time for any team not to be able to escape the bottom 10.
    Not when you consider their core and how badly they all fit together, along with the fact that no good coach in his right mind would take that job and relocate his family only to have the team moved/sold and everything overhauled. The writing is on the wall. As long as the Maloofs own them, they will be trash. Just like the Clippers were for such a long time.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,079 Times in 3,552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IO_OGIJ View Post
    JJ 1 pt and two rebs away from a 20-20 game today. Some nights he's been the second best player on that roster. It looks like he finally figured it out...
    I believe we were all saying this while he was averaging 16.2 points & 11.3 rebounds over the last 46 games of the '10-'11 season too..

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MoFlo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,962 Times in 3,849 Posts

JJ reminds me a lot of Drew. He has occasional stretches where he stuffs stats, but he never makes the team better. His on/off net numbers are always horrible whether he's on a first place team or last place team...GM's know this. Nice to see him stuffing stats again...amazing what being broke and unemployed will do for a guy's motivation.

HICKSON ON/OFF NET
    08/09 -19.4 (66 win team)
    09/10 -8.6 (HE STARTED 73 GAMES on a 61 WIN 1ST PLACE TEAM)
    10/11 -5.5
    11/12 -7.3
    12/13 -11.8

From JJ's rookie year until yesterday, he is 734th out of 743 players in net +/-...his teams were -801 when he was on the floor.

JJ was living the dream while he was here. He was young, athletically gifted and was getting carried on the Lebron ride to 60 win seasons. He knew that other teams wanted him, he knew we had aging players, he thought he was the future and HE WANTED MAX MONEY.

"The Decision" - BOOOOOM!!!!

Ok, after the decision mgmt had to pick up the pieces and see what they had and how players would react. There were some players that were true professionals, that had a "screw Lebron" attitude, worked hard and tried to make the best of the situation(Andy, Boobie, Parker). There were other players that were like jilted girlfriends, crying in their ice cream after being dumped (Mo and JJ). The Cavs had to purge themselves of the ones that couldn't get over the decision and were feeling sorry for themselves. Mo was a no-brainer. JJ took a little more thought because we had invested a lot in him and he was young. In the end he got lazy, his attitude sucked and he thought we needed him more than he needed us...he was wrong.

Keep in mind the trade was hours before what everyone knew was going to be a long lockout. During the lockout JJ got fat, JJ was broke, JJ signed overseas and got cut before his first game. I think everyone knew that would happen so we took what we could get in a dead market...no one knew what the rules would be on the backside and everyone knew JJ wanted to get paid. We also didn't want him around our rookies. As far as the restrictions go, we have two firsts coming up this summer...it would probably work out best if we got it in 2014 so we'd have 2 firsts then and 2 firsts in 2015. Sacto has some talent, just assembled horribly. One more top pick for them and some chemistry moves and they could be decent.

Thanks

All I can say to Maximus' post is yes. Posts like that are why I read these forums.

Thanks
    Thanked 28,896 Times in 9,237 Posts

Totally get the logic for not bringing JJ back. I just think the revisionist history is going to look bad on that one is all I'm saying. Not saying it will be fair. Just pointing out what I see.

Just telling you what I'm watching every game. Kid is not playing the same way any more.
    Last edited by Little Seizer; 11-13-2012 at 10:02 PM.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Seizer For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,667 Times in 3,228 Posts

While obviously we all want that pick as soon as possible, I don't think we should underestimate the value of getting a pick in the 10-15 range in 2017. By that time our team will presumably be in the playoffs, and adding a potential late lottery pick could be a major asset for a team that is otherwise pretty limited financially.