Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,415 Times in 2,477 Posts

Default Re: How to IMPROVE RCF?

Anyway we can have it so that when someone quotes you it sends you a PM again? I like that feature.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Huber. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 481 Posts

Can we just combine the Varejao threads already? I get that one is for his play and the other for trade ideas.. but the distance between the two is non existent.. they've become the same thread in two different forums.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Numbers Guy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,898 Times in 1,480 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    Can we just combine the Varejao threads already? I get that one is for his play and the other for trade ideas.. but the distance between the two is non existent.. they've become the same thread in two different forums.
    I've been noticing this over the past few weeks.

Banned
    Thanks

Free tacos when a thread reaches 100 posts

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RTrees For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 535 Posts

Saw that and thought about combining. However, IMO, each has their place. AV is our best player - that deserves its own thread in Cavs Talk. He is also our largest trade chip, and will garner a lot of attention towards the deadline. Better to have two distinct threads to discuss both the player he is, and the trade attention he will get. Even if the threads become a bit blurry at times.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoCavFan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,146 Times in 2,469 Posts

I think RCF should be and can be a much larger service.

Part of my line of work is to develop ideas, especially for web/app/tablets, & morphing them into fully integrated (sometimes truncated) applications. I started to do it within the solar industry and have transformed it into other lines of work.

What is paramount is convenience. In other words, instead of having a separate twitter feed or FB page or ITunes (Moohead radio)Instagram/Youtube/articles, etc you have everything stored in one place (and obviously still can access the aforementioned services from their designated channels).

This isn't just about SM (although having MYoung's, RCF's & others' twitter feeds landmarked for everyone to see wouldn't be such a bad idea) : I'm talking statistics, Chat room functionality (a better service), pictures, articles, video's, audio, player bio's, play diagrams, designed to foster an all inclusive service/website.

I know it costs $, & i don't know how Glen/Ben/Max et al feel about membership fees (or if they would want to scale the website into a much larger function). Far be it from me to tell them how to run & operate this website. They've done a magnificent job in branding RCF and making this site what it is. I'm just looking at it from a monetization stand point. And I see some serious revenue potential.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Damage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,038 Times in 3,540 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCavFan View Post
    Saw that and thought about combining. However, IMO, each has their place. AV is our best player - that deserves its own thread in Cavs Talk. He is also our largest trade chip, and will garner a lot of attention towards the deadline. Better to have two distinct threads to discuss both the player he is, and the trade attention he will get. Even if the threads become a bit blurry at times.
    My exact thought process on the matter.

I also was thinking about merging them, but once the deadline gets closer, another Andy thread based on rumors would have popped up anyway. No point in combining them when the 2nd thread was inevitable to begin with.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 745 Posts

Question Re: How to IMPROVE RCF?

Is there a way to require the 'optional reason' for editing one of your own posts? I'm just curious. Would this help the forum in any way or just cause more problems? Am I the only person on this forum that actually uses that field when editing once in awhile? lulz
    Last edited by Ignatius; 12-04-2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: lulz
    *Hot Topics*RCF FAQDonate to RCF!

RCF All-Time Rank : rep #38 posts #34

Thanks

Also, I do remember there being an image hosting service offered for free a year or 2 back...that was appreciated. Any way Gold Members get that back, maybe?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 566 Posts

The ability for an OP to edit his own thread title
    "I'd rather fight somebody else on the other team than one of my teammates," Waiters said after practice. "That's the way it is. That's the way I was brought up. I feel as though we say we're family, then we're a family and I'm going to look out for you to the best of my abilities. All the other stuff is foolishness." - Dion Waiters

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FiveThous View Post
    The ability for an OP to edit his own thread title
    Not gonna happen. Too many problems. Gonna have to ask one of the 10 or 20 mods to change it. Before you click submit, think twice lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigMar Lion View Post
    Not gonna happen. Too many problems. Gonna have to ask one of the 10 or 20 mods to change it. Before you click submit, think twice lol.
    Really? Problems? I just dont forsee this but if that is the sites wish then so be it.
    "I'd rather fight somebody else on the other team than one of my teammates," Waiters said after practice. "That's the way it is. That's the way I was brought up. I feel as though we say we're family, then we're a family and I'm going to look out for you to the best of my abilities. All the other stuff is foolishness." - Dion Waiters

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FiveThous View Post
    Really? Problems? I just dont forsee this but if that is the sites wish then so be it.
    Yes. I can see people abusing that ability - i.e. making obscene titles, trying to promote things, etc. Yes, you can do that in the first instance, but mods will change it. Just as they would if you needed to change the title for some other reason. But that's just my train of thought. It's unfortunate.

Playoff Bound! 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,479 Times in 1,965 Posts

Can people not make obscene titles or promote things as it is? Giving the OP the power to change his thread title allows him to self-correct typos and lessens the workload for mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JDeezy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,415 Times in 2,477 Posts

Can we have a market where we can cash in all of our thanks for fake internet trophies and cars? I have all these thanks but nothing to spend them on.