Page 204 of 589 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 8830
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

Default Re: Tristan Thompson

Ok here we go again. 5:40 2Q. TT gets a money dish from Kyrie. JUST TAKE THE DAM BALL UP HARD!!!! No. Instead, he hesitates with that gather up bs and blows another gimme. I don't think another supposedly athletically gifted big in the NBA gets blocked at the rim like he does. Dude drives me crazy.

Awaiting 1st Championship GreatGoo's Avatar
    Thanks

He just isn't very good. IMO he is actually a poor man JJ Hickson. Sad statement.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,246 Times in 2,479 Posts

Still entirely too early to write him off. Plus when you have a human vacuum playing C, it's difficult to grab boards.

That said, he looked lost and like dog shit today. But hey, at least he went 5-8 from the line.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Damage For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,419 Times in 1,378 Posts

He is pathetic offensively. I can't get over how long it takes him to gather up the ball and dunk. He turns easy dunks into blocked shots or fouls because he is so Damn slow with the ball.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gimme Some Mo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,246 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gimme Some Mo View Post
    He is pathetic offensively. I can't get over how long it takes him to gather up the ball and dunk. He turns easy dunks into blocked shots or fouls because he is so Damn slow with the ball.
    He's insufferable to watch, but it all depends if you think it's coachable/correctable. Takes bigs 3 years to either pan out or bust out. I don't think TT is a bust but my prediction of Serge Ibaka is looking foolish.

Thanks

Exactly. I'm trying to think of someone to compare him to and I just can't. He's a fn enigma.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 775 Posts

His offense is atrocious. I don't think he can correct that slow gather. That is his DNA. Larry SAnders is the type of Big I want TT to be. Long, agile, and explosive.
    When in doubt, step up the defense

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mAo_mAo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

People bitched at me when I was in awe of what Faried was doing last year. Not because of numbers, but style...tenacity. faried is ferocious compared to TT. Same type player, but faried just goes and gets it....and he wasn't drafted 4th. FUCK...HE WASN'T DRAFTED 4TH!! Sorry, it just pisses me off. If we were LAL or MIA, we could get away with some stupid shit like that. NOT CLE

Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mAo_mAo View Post
    His offense is atrocious. I don't think he can correct that slow gather. That is his DNA. Larry SAnders is the type of Big I want TT to be. Long, agile, and explosive.
    Watching him go against Sanders tonight really showed how overrated TTs athleticism is. Sanders was so much quicker and fluid. Honestly I am disappointed in everything with TT.... especially his D and rebounding because that is where he was supposed to flourish and he hasn't.

Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmknJoe7 View Post
    People bitched at me when I was in awe of what Faried was doing last year. Not because of numbers, but style...tenacity. faried is ferocious compared to TT. Same type player, but faried just goes and gets it....and he wasn't drafted 4th. FUCK...HE WASN'T DRAFTED 4TH!! Sorry, it just pisses me off. If we were LAL or MIA, we could get away with some stupid shit like that. NOT CLE
    It does suck. Just have to hope Jonas sucks so we REALLY don't regret it. I said it midseason and most thought I was nuts but I wish we would've taken Knight and made him our sixth man. He'd be Jason Terry at worst in that role. I'd take that over what TT seems to be projecting to be..... a decent garbage man big off the bench.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,362 Times in 3,656 Posts

It does suck. Just have to hope Jonas sucks so we REALLY don't regret it. I said it midseason and most thought I was nuts but I wish we would've taken Knight and made him our sixth man. He'd be Jason Terry at worst in that role. I'd take that over what TT seems to be projecting to be..... a decent garbage man big off the bench.
    He hasn't looked good so far.

And Brandon Knight's ceiling is Jason Terry, not his floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

Thanks

If TT was a 15-20 pick I'd probably be singing his praises. Fact is, he wasn't. It's not his fault he was picked 4. But, he was. This could be our achilles going forward. KI is obviously all that. Dion is showing he was at least worth the consideration. TT is miles away. I'm scared for our future.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Giambiwannabe7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm not down on TT yet. He's young, and he's a big. They tend to take longer to develop. I think we'll continue to have ups and downs with him this year, but by next year I think if he works like he did this past off season he'll start to be a lot more consistent.

I also think a lot of what he does, doesn't show on the stat sheet. Though his shot is atrocious.

Rising Star
    Thanks

TT was raw parts when drafted, no surprise there. People are expecting him to look polished are lol.......

I like his passing and spacing improvements as progress, but it will be slow.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Futuredome For This Useful Post:

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 783 Posts

Ouch no love in the Tristan Thompson thread, deservedly so though. He looked like shit tonight. He needs to explode to the hoop wayyyyy earlier and go up with one hand. If he can't learn that he's fucked. I don't expect him to look right until year 4-5. We have a lonnnng way to go before he seems worthy of a pick. I have confidence he'll get there, but right now he's raw as can be.