Page 235 of 589 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 8830
    Thanks

Default Re: Tristan Thompson

Yes, Tristan is frustating to watch, but if we get past that, he's not doing so bad. The only thing i can't live with is the lack of blocked shots. I was expecting 2 a game and he has 2... in the first 8 games.
    The Cavs in Portugal!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 334 Posts

Jeez people. You would think Tristan is a 25 year old that has played 5 seasons. The guy hasn't even played in 82 games.

Is he frustrating to watch? Yes. But the way everyone is comparing him to Faried who played 4 years of college and is on a better team is a little premature at this stage.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,963 Times in 2,096 Posts

No doubt in my mind Faried is a better player than TT. But, its not like TT is playing like a bust, its not like there ar 10 or 15 players drafted after TT I would rather have, and there is always a player or three in every draft like Faried who out plays his draft position that multiple GM's passed on. I am not overly impressed with TT, but I am not under impressed either.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee For This Useful Post:

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Maybe Grant noticed that in spite of Faried being the DPOY in his college conference that he was clueless when it came to team D?

It's a good thing for his career that they've never put too much emphasis on defense out in Denver, but the McGee+Faried front court they use at times is really pushing it.

Heck, even George Karl has recognized the problem:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...n-the-stretch/

“That’s fair to second-guess,” Karl said after the game, “I just don’t feel comfortable playing JaVale and Kenneth Faried in defensive schemes (down the stretch), I think we make too many mistakes. I thought JaVale played great and when I took him out (with 7:39 left), I was initially thinking about putting him back in the game. But the matchups for me, I was choosing between Kenneth and JaVale, and I went with Kenneth.”

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Maybe Grant noticed that in spite of Faried being the DPOY in his college conference that he was clueless when it came to team D?
    Whatever flaws Grant may have seen in Faried are outweighed by whatever positives he saw in Tristan Thompson.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CavsFTW For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,310 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jlegg21 View Post
    Faried already does all those "Andy things" that, according to folks around here, take YEARS and YEARS of development and bench riding to find and apply. I start to feel ill every time I watch the guy play.

Meanwhile in Cleveland, Tristan Thompson continues to do his best basketball impression of Courtney Brown...
    No, he really doesn't though.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Czvosec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy89 View Post
    Faried is only a year and half older than Tristan. That is all.

Yet you watch their respective games and Tristan is more than a year and a half away from reaching that level of production.

Just gives people an indication of how far away he really is.

Doesn't matter. He still played 4 years of college. Brandon Weeden is just as old as Aaron Rodgers. Does that mean they should play similarly? No. Going from High School to the NBA with one year of college ball in between is way different that playing 4 years of college ball.

I'm just saying we need to give the guy time. Bigs always take longer to develop and TT was raw to begin with. I'd just like him to play at least 82 games before we start calling him a bust and nothing more than an average roll player.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DraftPick For This Useful Post:

Resident Microbiologist Dr. Gymbo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,436 Times in 699 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IO_OGIJ View Post
    He'll never realize his potential with that moron of a coach. There has never been a more incompetent coach than Keith Smart. Guy has absolutely zero clue what he's doing out there.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Gymbo For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,418 Times in 1,377 Posts

Is there anywhere I can find blocks against stats for the year? Tristan has to be at that top. If anyone knows where I can find this please post a link.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,025 Times in 1,544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gimme Some Mo View Post
    Is there anywhere I can find blocks against stats for the year? Tristan has to be at that top. If anyone knows where I can find this please post a link.
    HoopsData has percent blocked:
    http://hoopdata.com/scoringstats.aspx

Tristan is up there: looks like about 20% of his shots get blocked
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pioneer10 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 450 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Czvosec View Post
    No, he really doesn't though.
    Fine... not all of them. He just rebounds everything in sight and hustles like crazy. I'd take that from the 4 spot right now, wouldnt you?

My point remains. Tonight, Andy and Tristan combined for 68 minutes, 14 points on 7-23 shooting, 17 rebounds, and a combined +/- of -5. Against Chris Kaman and Elton Brand's corpse.

You guys wanna act like this front line is good enough, that's your problem. I know what I see. From the looks of it, there's a good chance Tristan never gets there, and if Andy were HALF as good as some of you think he is, we wouldnt be in the lottery year after year.

That is all.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 3,646 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jlegg21 View Post
    Fine... not all of them. He just rebounds everything in sight and hustles like crazy. I'd take that from the 4 spot right now, wouldnt you?

My point remains. Tonight, Andy and Tristan combined for 68 minutes, 14 points on 7-23 shooting, 17 rebounds, and a combined +/- of -5. Against Chris Kaman and Elton Brand's corpse.

You guys wanna act like this front line is good enough, that's your problem. I know what I see. From the looks of it, there's a good chance Tristan never gets there, and if Andy were HALF as good as some of you think he is, we wouldnt be in the lottery year after year.

That is all.
    19 rebounds. Out rebounded Kaman and Elton Brand by 7.

And year after year? You mean a whole two years? No one thinks Andy is a superstar and only superstars are good enough, on their own, to keep a team out of the lottery (which means making the playoffs).

EDIT: And just think, we could have had this guy on our front line.

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN
    "Sixers fear Andrew Bynum has done additional damage to his knees by bowling recently, multiple sources told ESPN. Story link coming."

Dodged. A. Bullet.
    Last edited by Rich; 11-17-2012 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 475 Posts

The reason his weak stuff always gets tossed is because he tries to dunk everything around the rim...two handed. He rarely uses his body to clear any space, he doesn't use pump fakes and he has no footwork or any counter moves.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TyGuy For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer10 View Post

I figured he would be up there. He is 8th worst, but the guys above him are all terrible.

Kwame Brown
    Mo Harkless
    Ronny Turiaf
    Eddy Curry
    Jared Sullinger
    Greg Stiesman
    Donald Sloan

Tristan has to try to stop dunking everything. He has to learn how to quickly just float the ball up there ala Varejao. It takes him so long to gather himself and dunks the ball. He looks like Zydrunas out there he's so damn slow.

Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer10 View Post

I figured he would be up there. He is 8th worst, but the guys above him are all terrible.

Kwame Brown
    Mo Harkless
    Ronny Turiaf
    Eddy Curry
    Jared Sullinger
    Greg Stiesman
    Donald Sloan

Tristan has to try to stop dunking everything. He has to learn how to quickly just float the ball up there ala Varejao. It takes him so long to gather himself and dunks the ball. He looks like Zydrunas out there he's so damn slow.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gimme Some Mo For This Useful Post: