Page 257 of 619 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 9280
    Thanks

Default Re: Tristan Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Czvosec View Post
    If the alternative is Samardo Samuels, screw it, let Tristan keep getting blocked.
    No, let AV and Zeller start

Thanks
    Thanked 5,498 Times in 1,290 Posts

Zeller should show he can defend a lamp post before he earns a start.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MRMsix6 For This Useful Post:

Guardian of the Cavaliers Green Lantern's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    Tristan's regression has been jaw dropping. I thought after a full offseason, putting on some muscle and hours upon hours spent in the gym attempting to improve would really pay off for him.

It clearly hasn't.

TT needs to come off the bench with the second team. Start Samardo if we have to. We're not going anywhere, so maybe the move may serve to light a fire under him with the added benefit of playing against fellow bench players.

He's getting his shot blocked nearly 25% of the time--almost unheard of. Even when he's not blocked he doesn't finish unless it's a COMPLETELY uncontested dunk.

Right now Tristan is a major, major bust. Thankfully, we have enough picks who do look like they'll pan out to mitigate it (well, just Kyrie and Dion--but that's pretty much the extent of Grant's drafts--I think Zeller will be decent as well) but Tristan's lack of basic coordination and total inability to even get easy put back buckets is a real concern.

Oasis
    I'll say this again,the kid needs to learn to make a jump hook..while that seems elementary,its a shot many a big man has used ..since he can't seem to go up without getting waxed ,using a hook makes him be under control and add offense..
    Course he'll probably get that smacked back in his face too.

Situational Stopper karnsies817's Avatar
    Thanks

I simply cannot fathom how he has 0 arc when he shoots the ball. Even when he shoots foul shots they are line drives. How is this possible?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,375 Times in 1,770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MRMsix6 View Post
    Zeller should show he can defend a lamp post before he earns a start.
    Every game he gets beat on a quick baseline spin because he overplays the inside on the post. You'd think he'd start learning...
    i like jorts

Situational Stopper karnsies817's Avatar
    Thanks

At least you can look at zeller and say hey there is some positive improvement over here

Thanks
    Thanked 5,956 Times in 2,041 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karnsies817 View Post
    I simply cannot fathom how he has 0 arc when he shoots the ball. Even when he shoots foul shots they are line drives. How is this possible?
    Its not a fluid motion. Its like two separate movements that happen to occur consecutively. First his arm goes up, then he snaps his wrist. Same issue Dwight Howard has.

Its like he read a picture book on how to shoot. In fact, you can almost see him thinking, "OK, bend my knees first, then arm goes up, then snap wrist." Frankly, its so unnatural to me, I can't even mimic it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Czvosec For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karnsies817 View Post
    Plus, he is watching film of these games all the time. Surely he has to notice that the ball needs to go higher. It seems like common sense.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,435 Times in 1,671 Posts

He needs to shoot righty. My impressions from various reports is that he is too stubborn to do it though
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis

Thanks
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 519 Posts

I really don't think he can palm a basketball.

Why do his hook shots look like this?

For fucks sake.. he has a ridiculous wing span and leap.. EXTEND.

The backboard is infact there to be utilized.. everything doesn't have to be two hand dunked.. use the rim as your protection.

WHEN YOU CATCH THE BALL KEEP IT HIGH.

So frustrated by him.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Numbers Guy For This Useful Post:

Hey!! Chris Broussard... Deezus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,665 Times in 2,047 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post

I notice it too... CONSTANTLY.

He doesn't go up quickly or strong after a rebound and he seems to grab the ball with both hands as if he is a kid trying to hold a basketball (too big to hold with one hand). Its hard to describe really... its almost like an inherent awkwardness in his shooting style around the rim and in general.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
    I'll say this again,the kid needs to learn to make a jump hook..while that seems elementary,its a shot many a big man has used ..since he can't seem to go up without getting waxed ,using a hook makes him be under control and add offense..
    Course he'll probably get that smacked back in his face too.
    Am I crazy or did he have a little close range hook in summer league? Haven't seen him try it once in the regular season.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,810 Times in 4,207 Posts

Just gonna throw this out there, but Jonas' game tonight would be have been Tristan's worst game of the season. This thread would be blowing up right now had that been him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MacPhisto View Post
    I still hold that Kevin Love is a cancer. This team will win 50 without him, it will win 45 with him.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post

For fucks sake.. he has a ridiculous wing span and leap.. EXTEND.

The backboard is infact there to be utilized.. everything doesn't have to be two hand dunked.. use the rim as your protection.

WHEN YOU CATCH THE BALL KEEP IT HIGH.

So frustrated by him.
    He's a young one, hasn't grown into his body yet. Hands, fingertips, arms will get stronger, leading to better control of the ball.

I hear you're frustrated but that has nothing to do with making a plant grow. Just wait. That's all you have to do. The growth is inevitable and interesting to watch. Only minutes will allow his game to grow, and once in a while we'll see new branches while the base of what's already there gets stronger too.

Did you see that face up J the past few games from about 10-15 feet? How awkward! But did you notice how far away the ball was from the defender with Tristan's upright body posture when he shoots? For them to block that, they'll HAVE to jump to stop it, or get much closer to where he can get around. Hard to call that a branch yet, it's like a little bump in the stem right now.

We have to wait for the really good parts, but he's still doing a ton out there, working like crazy. Cavs' opponent production (in PER) is lowest at the PF spot among all positions. He keeps opposing PF's off the glass and I'd argue that this helps Andy find the ball easier too. He is having an effect on the game. It is positive more often than not. It just doesn't always look too good, or like anything at all.

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,197 Times in 2,287 Posts

Jonas played professionally in europe. he is no more a true rookie than any of the other first year european pro basketball players.And the only thing Grant is doing in regards to jonas is thinking its a shame for jonas and his career that he didnt want to play with us.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Homer Safari For This Useful Post: