Page 288 of 587 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 8794
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 Times in 2,597 Posts

Default Re: Tristan Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack View Post
    That is something I've been pointing out to a lot of people on the general NBA board that I post on...

Four of our best six players are either rookies or sophomores and only one is above 21. Take it even further, basically every important rotation player on this team with the exception of Andy would be considered a young player on any other team in the NBA. Kyrie (20), DWait (20), Tristan (21), Tyler (22), Alonzo (25), CJ (25), Pargo (26)...

Amazing amount of young talent on this roster.
    It's nice, but the problem remains that only one of those youngsters is a bonafide star, and only one other has a realistic shot at being special. There's still a lot of work left to do with the roster.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,678 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    It's nice, but the problem remains that only one of those youngsters is a bonafide star, and only one other has a realistic shot at being special. There's still a lot of work left to do with the roster.
    I don't see that as much of a "problem." There are more tiers than just "special" and everyone else. Kyrie is a probable star and possible superstar. Waiters has as much potential as any young SG in the NBA, from what I've seen. It is difficult to prognosticate his exact floor/ceiling at this stage, but I'm excited about his skill set. Tristan could be a top level rebounding and defensive big man. Zeller looks like he could be a solid role player/starter in time. Alonzo and CJ are probably best suited in supporting roles off the bench.

I'll take that kind of foundation at this stage in our rebuild. Sure, there is more work to do and I think everyone understands that, but that is a given this soon in a roster implosion/rebuild. Take into account all of the cap space, the benefit of having a piece like Andy to dangle for more assets and many picks, including our own which will almost certainly be high...

I think we are in a good place.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RedBlackAttack For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Tristan 14/14 vs the best Front defensive front court rotation in the league? I swear I heard that somewhere. But anyways...

Tristan must read my posts. Every since I posted that he can't set a screen for shit, and listed the exact times during the game which he blew it, he has set good screens.

Tristan if you are reading this, keep doing your thing, set harder screens and be a boss out there. Work on your Jumper in a year or so, keep the good D up, and the energy.

Thanks

Yeah, I'm sure the coaches never notice any of that and players reach to RCF for guidance.
    I was raised by a cup of coffee.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mds For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

I hope the FO is watching and they move closer to trading Andy. High asking prices be damned.

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    These kinds of statements baffle me. How do you know what these players will turn out to be. With the exception of players like sloan, boobie, etc, we have no idea how TT, Waiters, or Zeller will turn out. Yet they have already be nominated as busts, waste of picks, bench riders, role players, etc. They could all end of "bonafide stars" or they couldn't, we don't know.

I'm just sitting back and watching them develop. They are showing signs of improving. I'll give Grant credit for one thing for sure, The personalities and fight in our last two years of draft picks are top notch.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BRInQ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BRInQ View Post
    These kinds of statements baffle me. How do you know what these players will turn out to be. With the exception of players like sloan, boobie, etc, we have no idea how TT, Waiters, or Zeller will turn out. Yet they have already be nominated as busts, waste of picks, bench riders, role players, etc. They could all end of "bonafide stars" or they couldn't, we don't know.

I'm just sitting back and watching them develop. They are showing signs of improving. I'll give Grant credit for one thing for sure, The personalities and fight in our last two years of draft picks are top notch.
    So do you think TT will ever be anything other than an average MAYBE 10/10 PF?

Or was this whole post doing nothing but probing Chrisrich on a technicality?

I for one think you CAN tell the BONIFIDE stars early in their career. I dont think TT will EVER be a star. Iv been watching ball for decades now and TT shows NOTHING that iv seen in previous stars. that make me even START to believe that one day he could be on.

In 4 years if TT is still with us i actually expect him to be a backup.....I sincerely hope we arent forced to have TT as our starter for 1/2 a decade. Not saying hes a bad player.....but hes not a starter on ANY good team. Go ahead name a GOOD team TT would start on INDEFNITELY.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kizzle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 521 Posts

To be fair, if Tristan had a 10 point, 15 rebound, 3 block career on a well rounded team that's in the top 3 in the league, he'd get the Ben Wallace treatment and be on the All-Star team. He'd also be in the running for Defensive Player of the Year as long as he impacted that team.

But that's just an if. It's up to Tristan on being dedicated, which is promising, but he's not a vicious carnivore type player like Rodman or Wallace. You never know with these things. But the Pistons showed you can have 4 stars on the all-star team, so who knows?
    (Reserved for future Animated Signature-that-won't-slow-you-down)

Magic Number Thread:
    http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.p...in-May-2011...

The latest updates are noted within the context.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rabman_gold For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Tristan if you are reading this, keep doing your thing, set harder screens and be a boss out there. Work on your Jumper in a year or so, keep the good D up, and the energy.
    Tristan, if you are reading this, stop wasting time reading about yourself on forums and go work on your jumper right now. It is painful to watch.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rimage For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kizzle View Post
    So do you think TT will ever be anything other than an average MAYBE 10/10 PF?

Or was this whole post doing nothing but probing Chrisrich on a technicality?

I for one think you CAN tell the BONIFIDE stars early in their career. I dont think TT will EVER be a star. Iv been watching ball for decades now and TT shows NOTHING that iv seen in previous stars. that make me even START to believe that one day he could be on.

In 4 years if TT is still with us i actually expect him to be a backup.....I sincerely hope we arent forced to have TT as our starter for 1/2 a decade. Not saying hes a bad player.....but hes not a starter on ANY good team. Go ahead name a GOOD team TT would start on INDEFNITELY.

1. I wasn't probing. I just find it amusing when posters make statements about our drafts picks career arc as fact. IMO TT could be a Ben Wallace type. I could care less about his offense, but I believe he can develop a post game. It all depends on how hard he works

2. Like I said, I don't know where TT will end up. He could be a star, role player, whatever, that's all on him. But I think there's something special with him.

As far as what good teams he could start on, IMO, spurs/celtics/nets/jazz/grizzles/cavs.

Also, before the last couple of weeks, I was worried about trading AV...Tristian has alleviated that. We need to get what we can for AV...right now.

Camp Invitee
    Thanks

It always amazes me that the self-proclaimed people best at evaluating talent never seems to be working for a NBA team nor recruiters for college. Kind of bizarre as their LOUDNESS and their years of experience of correctly predicting the future should have drawn the attention of NBA teams, don't you think?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,977 Times in 1,434 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BRInQ View Post

This is true. Look at guys like Dirk. Was anyone saying that he would win an MVP when he was a rookie? Tristan posted a higher PER (13.3) than Dirk did his rookie season (12.8). How about Kobe? Or Kobe's 2nd year? It's too hard to determine this early what's going to happen to any of our guys.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

Thanks

Did you say the same thing about Andy 5 years ago? I always thought Andy looked like a man with the movements of a baby and somehow he has become the best rebounder in the NBA. You can't predict what TT will become whatsoever.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,854 Times in 650 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theshad View Post
    Did you say the same thing about Andy 5 years ago? I always thought Andy looked like a man with the movements of a baby and somehow he has become the best rebounder in the NBA. You can't predict what TT will become whatsoever.
    I don't think you'll ever talk some sense into the people that think they have it all figured out. Kind of hard to argue with someone when they think they can accurately predict the future.

The bottom line is none of us know how any of our young guys are going to turn out. Spewing your opinion as fact doesn't make it any less of an opinion. And as we all know, everyone has one.
    Last edited by Biw; 12-23-2012 at 10:10 PM.
    "You drew a picture of my morning, but you couldn't make my day."
    -Naughty by Nature

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Biw For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Biw View Post
    I don't think you'll ever talk some sense into the people that think they have it all figured out. Kind of hard to argue with someone when they think they can accurately predict the future.

The bottom line is none of us know how any of our young guys are going to turn out. Spewing your opinion as fact doesn't make it any less of an opinion. And as we all know, everyone has one.
    Yep, that's why I tend to avoid this thread. The amount of hatred Tristan gets in here is absurd to me. Is he a great player right now? No obviously not, he definitely has potential to be better though just like all other young players.