Page 291 of 588 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 8816
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,436 Posts

Default Re: Tristan Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    Stats are backing this up so far Tristan is averaging 11-10 on 57% shooting last 5 games in he has played in 89 nba games so hes learning. He should be able to give us 12-10 with solid defense in his prime and that is a great player for the draft class he was in.
    I think his prime will be a little better than that personally. Not a ton, but I think he'll improve significantly enough to outdo what you just posted.

Also, what I like about the Zeller-Tristan combo is that these guys, even if they both are benched in the future to better players, if they come in at the same time, their games will PERFECTLY compliment each other. The other nice thing is that, if both are benched, we'll have two completely opposite bigs that will allow our coach to perfectly fit one in with one of the starters. For example, if we have a great stretch big playing, we can bring in Tristan for defense and rebounding. And if we get a more post-oriented player, we can bring in Zeller to help spread the floor.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 475 Posts

Tristan has played very well lately. If he keeps this up, we might need to find a new whipping boy to pair with Cj Miles.

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 591 Posts

Austin Carr pronouncing his name as Tris Chin needs to be permanently resolved.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MGMT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 Times in 521 Posts

That clutch play with 3 minutes left showed me something. He has really improved everywhere. When I saw the replays of the And-1 basket off the Kyrie assist, no lowering. No big jump. Just a regular hop and float. And his defense was great too. It's just that Tyler isn't great defensively yet.

This is a period of growth for Tristan. He's flourishing because Andy's responsibilities are shifted to Thompson. Anyone feel differently?
    (Reserved for future Animated Signature-that-won't-slow-you-down)

Magic Number Thread:
    http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.p...in-May-2011...

The latest updates are noted within the context.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rabman_gold For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It says a lot about a player when he is able to excel when his responsibilities are increased. To me, that is more important than any advanced stat: the ability to rise to the occasion, rather than crumple under the pressure.

Turns out we may yet have a player in tristan.
    I hate when our super blowouts turn into just double digit "teen" blowouts to win the game.
    ~typhoon

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damien O'Connel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,146 Times in 1,659 Posts

Playing phenomenal lately. Thank god for the sake of my fantasy team.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie To The View Post
    Playing phenomenal lately. Thank god for the sake of my fantasy team.
    dude that's gotta be a deep league

Thanks
    Thanked 4,521 Times in 1,196 Posts

This is why you don't speak with absolutes when talking about players like Tristan. You just don't know what you have with him yet, but the ability to be a good player is there. How he's been playing lately with an increased role kills about 5 birds with 1 stone. Gives Grant an idea of who will replace Andy's production if he was to trade him, gives people begging for some improvement something to sink their teeth in, quiets the people who already wanted to get rid of him and casted him as bench fodder, and the 2 most important, gives Tristan confidence on the offensive side of the ball, and gives Kyrie the confidence to pass the ball to him. As a side note, I read somewhere that of all players 21 and under, Tristan is 2nd in double-doubles, and this is as one of the rawest players in the NBA.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BimboColesHair For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,146 Times in 1,659 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanRosenberg View Post
    dude that's gotta be a deep league
    16 teams lol

Thanks
    Thanked 2,876 Times in 940 Posts

He's corrected to the development curve he should have been on in the first place, which is good. If he can play like this 60-80% of the time for the rest of the season, everyone should be pleased with his development, with the understanding that he still has room to and needs to grow and mature even more as a player.

What's been the most impressive to me is the improvement in the free throw form and results. Earlier in this year, his shot and timing from the line looked awful. For him to go 5-5 from the line along with a clutch and-1 free throw in the last minutes of the game is something I could not have imagined 4 weeks ago. It almost gives me hope for some post up moves and a jumpshot in 2-3 years. One step at a time. First he needs to maintain the consistency of what he's doing now for the rest of the season. It does also lend a certain credence to trading Andy if the value is there in a trade offer. As has been mentioned already, Tristan and Andy serve many of the same functions, although Andy's effect and energy is a unique thing and he is a more mature and diverse offensive player at this time.

Thanks

Wow If Tristan looks this good with Zeller as a Starting Center I wonder how he would pair up with Love. Kyrie, Love, and Thompson would look amazing! Granted that trade Is like 20 % or less It happens but that would be one amazing team to think about going forward. based of the development of bigs In this game If he keeps this up he Is ahead of where he should be. If not we know he will eventually become that double double guy sooner than later.

P.S I heard Love was a Cavs fans also somewhere. Can someone confirm that?
    "You have to lose to win"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    Wow If Tristan looks this good with Zeller as a Starting Center I wonder how he would pair up with Love. Kyrie, Love, and Thompson would look amazing! Granted that trade Is like 20 % or less It happens but that would be one amazing team to think about going forward. based of the development of bigs In this game If he keeps this up he Is ahead of where he should be. If not we know he will eventually become that double double guy sooner than later.
    With the Cousins thing coming out that is a situation to watch

With Kahns track record I could see him parting with Love as a way to get Cousins after Loves recent comments.

If that happens the Cavs have the youth and enough picks to throw at the Kings to be the team that gets Love. If you think about it like that it seem to have a higher chance of happening and it makes sense for Minny. Long shot, Yes, but still makes sense.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KB For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KB View Post
    With the Cousins thing coming out that is a situation to watch

With Kahns track record I could see him parting with Love as a way to get Cousins after Loves recent comments.

If that happens the Cavs have the youth and enough picks to throw at the Kings to be the team that gets Love. If you think about it like that it seem to have a higher chance of happening and it makes sense for Minny. Long shot, Yes, but still makes sense.

Good point I hope you are right. I hope since I am not expecting it happens, Just what would we have to give up?
    "You have to lose to win"

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Snarly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    Good point I hope you are right. I hope since I am not expecting it happens, Just what would we have to give up?
    not expecting it either but it seems more possible after the Cousins news coming out, just seems like move Kahn would make.

It would depend on what the Kings what in the end imo..

In the Cousins thread I had a similar hypothetical post about how it makes sense for the Kings to get something along the lines of TT/Walton/Bobbie and picks. Then dumping contracts along the lines of Garcia, Outlaw, Salmons (sp) ...

Only if the Kings go the Magic route, ie wanting youth/picks as opposed to a known productive player like Bynum (in the Magic situatiion). The Kings may end up in a similar situation having to sell low after suspending Cousins and his past character issues.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to KB For This Useful Post:

Drafting workout allstars RchfldCavRaised's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,849 Times in 1,878 Posts

I cant help but be EXTRA excited watching Tristan have a play or two while Andy is down where he looks like a legit player...

So we can trade his ass

Play canadian, play
    The Richfield Trade Deadline Survival Kit post... here

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post: