Page 306 of 589 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 8830
    Thanks

Default Re: Tristan Thompson

Correct me if Iam wrong on this at all Cavs Fans, I haven't watched him much.

Tristan Thompson right now reminds me of the Kings Jason Thompson, in a good way. (And not because of last names)

He is a solid player already that does the dirty work and has a motor that won't quit, obviousy Tristian has more potential than Jason has (I think he has reached his ceiling) and he isn't phased much. Watching him today reminded me alot of Jason. He definately could be a rock solid starting PF in the future and he keeps improving. Obviously it was a shock to many when he was drafted 4th but he definately is putting 110% effort out there. Chris Grant knew what he was getting when he drafted him.

Give him Jason's Jumper and you have a beast at PF for the next 10-12 years

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RealKingsFan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 1,004 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RealKingsFan View Post

Tristan Thompson right now reminds me of the Kings Jason Thompson, in a good way. (And not because of last names)

He is a solid player already that does the dirty work and has a motor that won't quit, obviousy Tristian has more potential than Jason has (I think he has reached his ceiling) and he isn't phased much. Watching him today reminded me alot of Jason. He definately could be a rock solid starting PF in the future and he keeps improving. Obviously it was a shock to many when he was drafted 4th but he definately is putting 110% effort out there. Chris Grant knew what he was getting when he drafted him.

That's actually a pretty solid assessment. He's still raw but he has blossomed since Varejao has been out.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,988 Times in 1,170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Da Hard Way View Post
    Same thing with Kyrie getting In Zaza's face after he threw Zeller to the floor.
    Absolutely loved that. Reminded me of something Chris Paul would do.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MRMsix6 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,160 Times in 2,612 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RealKingsFan View Post

I'd do anything to give him Jason's jumper...I still don't expect Tristan to ever be able to add a jumper to his arsenal without COMPLETELY redesigning his current form, and possibly starting from scratch with his right hand.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,437 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    I'd do anything to give him Jason's jumper...I still don't expect Tristan to ever be able to add a jumper to his arsenal without COMPLETELY redesigning his current form, and possibly starting from scratch with his right hand.
    The thing is that I think that, even if Tristan has to do that, he'll get it done. He's shown that he can rework his free throw form pretty drastically in a short period of time. I think that he'll get a serviceable jumper within the next 3 years.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Löttery Göd For This Useful Post:

The second of his name. theSTEREO.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,469 Times in 1,509 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RMsDanielGibson View Post
    The thing is that I think that, even if Tristan has to do that, he'll get it done. He's shown that he can rework his free throw form pretty drastically in a short period of time. I think that he'll get a serviceable jumper within the next 3 years.
    And he's drastically changed his post and face up game, and is showing pretty soiled consistency and confidence.

I'm not asking for the moon all at once though. If his post play continues like this, I'd like to see him get one or two more shots a game, and then start working him into the pick and roll to see what he can do.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to theSTEREO. For This Useful Post:

Boss of all Bosses Goldin Brown's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Tristan will eventually develop a respectable jumper. It may take him a number of years but I think he will keep working on it as time goes by. If guys like Andy and Noah can get decent jumpers then anybody can if they are willing to work for it and I think we've seen Tris is a guy who will work.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 727 Posts

I'm watching the game replay now, I'm just going to say this: Fuck this "TT needs a jump shot" talk.

I simply want to see him continue to work on his post moves. This little hook shot he's been hitting? It's money. If he can sustain that (we'll see) with confidence and even improve on that? He can get that shot off against nearly every PF in the league with his athleticism.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pr26 View Post
    I'm watching the game replay now, I'm just going to say this: Fuck this "TT needs a jump shot" talk.

I simply want to see him continue to work on his post moves. This little hook shot he's been hitting? It's money. If he can sustain that (we'll see) with confidence and even improve on that? He can get that shot off against nearly every PF in the league with his athleticism.
    I agree that he needs to get his post game down first and foremost although I do think that a jumpshot is certainly a worthy endeavor as well. I don't know what kind of wizard Tristan has to thank for that hook shot, but it's looking Charmin soft and as smooth as Justin Bieber's face. I like it.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

Thanks
    Thanked 21,577 Times in 4,830 Posts

I'd like him to steal some low-post moves from Andrew Nicholson (Orlando rookie). That guy knows some slick stuff. Nice up-and-unders, pivoting away from a primary move.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    I'd like him to steal some low-post moves from Andrew Nicholson (Orlando rookie). That guy knows some slick stuff. Nice up-and-unders, pivoting away from a primary move.
    Do you mean like the little aliens do in Space Jam?

Team Player
    Thanks

Ya he really dosent need a jump shot to be productive stay down low or improve the running hook. But what i like about him is his defense. He is really good at positional post defense where he fight for position before the ball is entered into the post.This helps him stick to his man like glue and as he continues to get stronger not alot of players will back him down. This type of defense dosent produce stats like blocks that serge or josh smith get and makes them overrated post defenders but the kendric perkins boston defense. I don't know about you guys, but I find Thompson's scrappy positional defense to be a good sign. I'd rather have a big who uses solid fundamentals on Defense than high flyer who just tries to block shots.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randymoss1881 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

After looking and not seeing the games due to work and other activities. His numbers are Impressive and Zeller Is part of the reason they are. I think with TT he Is getting more confident with out Andy there and that Is good. If TT keeps this up he will be where Andy Is now In a possible frame of two years. Think about a 23 year old Double double monster and he could even improve more than that. However I wonder how he would do with another top center In case we draft one. As of now TT Is one of those players you just do not know what you really got yet. Although His consistent play of late Is very promising and yet another reason to not hate on Waiters yet. I hope TT can eventually become a poor mans Garnett I would be happy with that.
    "You have to lose to win"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Snarly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,341 Times in 425 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Da Hard Way View Post

I love the little things like that. It's part of basketball.... Same thing with Kyrie getting In Zaza's face after he threw Zeller to the floor.
    Anyone know where we can see a video of this?
    Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king. - Tywin Lannister

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 447 Posts

Remember when Boobie got in the center's face when he fouled tristan? I forget who/what team, but it was a few weeks ago and it was sweet and i bet Kyrie is learning some thug from boobie