Page 315 of 619 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 9280
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,975 Times in 718 Posts

Default Re: Tristan Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Agreed, Jesus Christ does care about Christmas, but what does that have to do with basketball?
    Are you trying to tell me Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AuxiliaryPie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandOwnz View Post
    lol thats not saying much since pretty much everyone can shut down derrick williams... but still he is doing really good lately .. that hook shot is beautiful. He is only going to get better. I can see him being a 17 and 10 guy consistently in a year or two.

I could see that OR maybe a 15/15 guy.

Would you guys rather have a 15/15 guy or a 20/10 guy? Just something I was thinking about the other day.

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dcm226 View Post

Would you guys rather have a 15/15 guy or a 20/10 guy? Just something I was thinking about the other day.
    Way too many variables to that question to answer it straight up. In general, a 20 point a night scorer from the post is a legitimate second offensive option. You can find guys to fill rebounding needs on a team, but can't often find an efficient/reliable second option easily. Efficient being the key word. If I'm getting a efficient and consistent 20 out of my front court player, I likely have a more polished player than what we have at this time with Tristan. It really depends on the situation and context of the players' games and the team need, and what else said players bring.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ZooCrewDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,051 Times in 907 Posts

I suppose it sort of depends on the other Front court player that TT ends up with. I'd prefer 15/15 and have the better scoring options use those extra possessions, but I guess that depends too on if TT's fg% keeps going up and he is the better offensive option.

I always though TT was essentially playing the right way, but was still getting used to the NBA. I didn't believe he would be this guy who spent his NBA career getting blocked. He was still aggressive going for the basket, played good D, and hustled. The things he seemed bad at were seeing what was going on around him, finding open teammates, and getting blocked. These are all related to focusing on the details of what you are doing and failing to see the environment you are operating in. This seems to be his biggest area of growth and I am pretty sure it was just adjusting to the speed of the game.

In fact I see the same thing in Tyler. He is getting good position for the most part, and getting pushed out. He is going for rebounds instead of blocking out every time and getting them snatched away by smaller guys. When he gets the ball with no time to think he generally puts it in. When he has time to think out on the perimeter, he blows the jumpshot. He is doing the right things, but getting burned by veteran moves and strength. He still hasn't adapted to the speed or figured out how to use his size as well as he could. He is pretty skilled, and I see him coming on once he has at least one tour of all the teams in the league. His worst games have been against the best centers, which is no surprise.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cavatt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,042 Posts

Is this a trick question? Give the 15/15 over 20/10 every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Heck, give me two 15/15 guys on the team and you'd control the boards almost every game. 15 rebounds a game is basically a lead the league level of play.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Scholar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 3,486 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar View Post
    Is this a trick question? Give the 15/15 over 20/10 every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Heck, give me two 15/15 guys on the team and you'd control the boards almost every game. 15 rebounds a game is basically a lead the league level of play.
    Agreed. Think about it logically too. 5 extra boards is essentially 5 extra possessions. In theory that could lead to more than those extra 5 points provided by a 20/10 guy.
    Ass pennies

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shakalu M.D. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    Agreed. Think about it logically too. 5 extra boards is essentially 5 extra possessions. In theory that could lead to more than those extra 5 points provided by a 20/10 guy.
    Or, from the other way of thinking of it, more then 5 less points from the opposition if the additional rebounds were coming on the defensive end. A lot more only one shot possessions by the opponents.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scholar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 404 Posts

It's a difficult question to answer and team fit would certainly be a very important factor. But if you're looking around the league would you rather have a 2009 Pau/2011 Z-Bo/Aldridge type of big or a 2012 Varejao/Late-career Walt Bellamy type of big.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to STAT For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

There are too many variables to decide. You have no way of knowing if the 5 rebounds Thompson didn't get would have gone to the other team or to someone else on the Cavs. You also have to know how many extra shots he will need to take to increase 15 up to 20 points per game since someone else would take the shot if he didn't. With this team in anticipation of getting another scorer in the upcoming draft, I would likely take the 15/15. But if they added a defensive stopper at Center, then 20/10 would likely be more valuable.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CalBuckeyeRob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,973 Times in 636 Posts

This is a trick question; the answer is clearly 17.5 points and 12.5 rebounds.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to narbar32 For This Useful Post:

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by narbar32 View Post
    This is a trick question; the answer is clearly 17.5 points and 12.5 rebounds.
    0 pts, 30 rebounds.

21. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Free Agency God For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm really encouraged by his play. I actually tune in almost exclusively to watch Tristan's development. It's been very fun to watch and it's apparent (it HAD been apparent to me for quite awhile) that patience is the name of the game with him. I really don't know what his ceiling is. I've seen him dunk the ball in traffic, go between the legs and finish off a spin move in the lane, and drop hook shots in the lane. If he adds a 15 foot jump shot, it's really hard to imagine what his ceiling is. I really think the cavs hit on Irving and Thompson, and when Waiters is hot, he's the most dangerous offensive player on the floor. These 3 guys have really allowed me to persevere through the losing, because I think brighter days ARE ahead.

Thanks

15/15 as said earlier 15 boards will most likely lead the NBA and 15 points a game aint shabby. 20/10 sounds like LaMarcus Aldridge. But me personally I stare at blocks, off rebounds and steals with bigs.
    Last edited by Kovah; 01-18-2013 at 01:42 AM. Reason: i cant spell

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Kovah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,965 Times in 2,512 Posts

Not many people would take a 20/10 guy like peak Boozer over Dennis Rodman or Ben Wallace

26. The Following User Says Thank You to KI4MVP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,815 Times in 4,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KI4MVP View Post
    Not many people would take a 20/10 guy like peak Boozer over Dennis Rodman or Ben Wallace
    Rodman, no. But Wallace...yea I think I might take Boozer at his absolute peak over Ben Wallace.

Rodman was a different animal. One of the 5 best defenders and rebounders of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MacPhisto View Post
    I still hold that Kevin Love is a cancer. This team will win 50 without him, it will win 45 with him.