Page 319 of 622 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 9323
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 2,868 Posts

Default Re: Tristan Thompson

I didn't want to say it earlier because I never thought he'd grow out of it, but his timidness was habit, not a lack of ability. Fact is, we all suck at everything if we're not comfortable. I still havent watched a game since The King left, but from what it sounds like he has actually gotten a lot more comfy. And Im comfy with that
    Things Dave K was right about:

Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK

And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

Thanks
    Thanked 8,850 Times in 3,503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave K View Post
    I didn't want to say it earlier because I never thought he'd grow out of it, but his timidness was habit, not a lack of ability. Fact is, we all suck at everything if we're not comfortable. I still havent watched a game since The King left, but from what it sounds like he has actually gotten a lot more comfy. And Im comfy with that
    How can you make any kind of judgment about his timidness if you've never seen him play?
    Ass pennies

Thanks
    Thanked 1,966 Times in 844 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave K View Post
    Wow. You have not watched a game? Even one game? Too bad for you. The ride has been bumpy but to watch these young guys improve is very enjoyable.
    When in doubt, step up the defense

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mAo_mAo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    How can you make any kind of judgment about his timidness if you've never seen him play?
    Well, it's because he relates. You see, Dave is just too timid to watch a Cavalier's game. He needs some more self assurance so that he can get back into the game. He knows he has the ability to watch them. He just doesn't have the confidence.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Scholar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,968 Times in 4,244 Posts

Need my Tristan highlights asap. Didn't get to see most of the game tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MacPhisto View Post
    I still hold that Kevin Love is a cancer. This team will win 50 without him, it will win 45 with him.

I have multiple sauces BimboColesHair's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,427 Times in 1,435 Posts

Tristan had 2 offensive rebounds tonight, the lowest amount he has grabbed in January. I call that the "CJ Miles effect".

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

Ya, his confidence is just exploding right now. You can just see it oozing from every pore. I forget what game it was, but it was about a month or so ago, and he got fouled and made the layup and he just flexed and kind of growled. It kind caught me off guard, like who the f was that right there. Had never seen that TT before. This was always on my list of complaints about the kid...the lack of fierocity. We always knew he was a goof off the court, but I hated seeing it on the court, too. Now, it's like he has learned to flick that switch when he walks on the court. Love that shit.

Eating my crow and loving it. Finger lickin good.

Last edited by Giambiwannabe7; 01-23-2013 at 12:34 AM.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Giambiwannabe7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 Times in 920 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BimboColesHair View Post
    Tristan had 2 offensive rebounds tonight, the lowest amount he has grabbed in January. I call that the "CJ Miles effect".
    I pointed out in the Kyrie thread that he usually gets a couple from Kyrie misses. CJ miles of course provides plenty of opportunities as well. The whole team shot pretty well, so there were not as many offensive boards to grab. I'm cool with that.

Thanks

Bored, so I did a little digging.

Through the month of January, Thompson is averaging 14.1ppg and 11.9 rpb. There are only three players in the league with higher averages in both (Howard, Cousins, Vuvecic). Thompson is leading the power forwards when looking at both averages.

13. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Pick6 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 526 Posts

i wonder if he continues this shit through the second half of the season he could be in the running for MIP??

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gratefuldead For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,254 Times in 1,187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gratefuldead View Post
    i wonder if he continues this shit through the second half of the season he could be in the running for MIP??
    Although he would certainly be in the discussion, I think Jrue Holiday is ultimately gonna run away with that one.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marcus For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mAo_mAo View Post
    That floater is amazing. He should develop it more and be the first player to shoot floaters from 18-20 feet.
    They rarely even hit the rim anymore.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to RTrees For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 574 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pick6 View Post

Through the month of January, Thompson is averaging 14.1ppg and 11.9 rpb. There are only three players in the league with higher averages in both (Howard, Cousins, Vuvecic). Thompson is leading the power forwards when looking at both averages.
    Awesome post! I was just wondering about that. He seems to be on his way to becoming a solid Big man In this game. I mean his Interviews and knowledge of the game are better, his movements are more fluid and he seems to feel more at ease. For a big to progress this fast at his age Is a GREAT sign of things to come. He was able to learn and grow pretty fast and his extra weight he gained could be the reason why he was wacky at the start of the season... and of course AV took away from his growth. just be happy and hope he continues this and we have a Solid starting PF for years to come.
    #WeAllFromCleveland

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Snarly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,951 Times in 1,519 Posts

One of the reasons to feel extra good about Tristans uptick in just about all facets of his play is that it's an indirect affirmation of Grant's method and evaluation skills. A lot of people scratched their heads when that pick was made and a lot of people were wringing their hands as recent as two months ago.

But along we heard from the Cavs brass that they believed him to have high upside and considered him a top 5 player in that draft. From guys like Max and W&G we heard that Tristan is a tireless worked, has a great attitude, and a strong desire to learn and improve himself.

Now, when as he settles into his second year in the league, he is given a higher responsibility with Andy is out. He is being counted on to improve. He's being counted on to be the one guy on the floor to get the offensive rebound, to create the extra possessions, to provide the hustle and energy, and to play solid defense. And he's risen to occasion almost every game since Andy went down. All the while, signs of an offensive game beyond putbacks and dunks have materialized. His quick jump hook has been on display. He's grasping the pick and rolls better. He's always trailing Kyrie, Dion, or Gee's drive to the baskets to slam home an offensive rebound or get the pass for a dunk at the last minute. Its great and so positive to see and Tristan deserves all the credit. If what Max and W&G say about his attitude and work ethic are true, then this should only improve into years 3 and 4.

But again, it also gives affirmation to Grants evaluation and roster building skills. Kyrie was a no brainer, but we want to feel good about not necessarily where Tristan, Dion, and Tyler are now, but where they can be. Tristan is giving us hope that Grant's projections are on target. And with so many draft picks in the next 4-6 years, that a huge relief to feel confident that Grant gets it and has it. not just the ability to manipulate Gilbert's willingness to spend and the salary cap to accumulate picks, but to make the right picks and build a team that at a minimum can win and evolve at a high level for a long time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pick6 View Post

Wasn't Vuvecic in the 2011 draft also? Not a bad pick either