Page 108 of 141 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2112
    Thanks

Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    Andrew Bynum is really unleashing his inner pimp there in Philly.
    sometimes he goes the fredrick douglass route

http://realcavsfans.com/signaturepics/sigpic9395_2.gif

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RaptorFan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,770 Times in 4,192 Posts

Really thought Toronto was going to make a push this year. Expected improvements from Derozan, Ed Davis, and Bargnani as well as some instant production from Jonas. So far, nothing. That's who I'm afraid of becoming in a few years. A team that has perennial lottery picks and seems to do nothing with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MacPhisto View Post
    I still hold that Kevin Love is a cancer. This team will win 50 without him, it will win 45 with him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Really thought Toronto was going to make a push this year. Expected improvements from Derozan, Ed Davis, and Bargnani as well as some instant production from Jonas. So far, nothing. That's who I'm afraid of becoming in a few years. A team that has perennial lottery picks and seems to do nothing with it.
    "You have nothing to fear but fear itself. " FDR

Its all about the management team. Toronto has been mismanaged for so long it is a culture. Not as bad as Sactown today, but bad enough. I think the one positive legacy of LePrincess is the Dan Gilbert organization. The rebuild will take time, but we will rebuild and we will win again.

In my opinion the Raptor struggles might help us a lot. I have said it many times, but I think DeRozen is one of the most productive wings in the League and he is a free agent next year. If the Raps dont sign him to an extension, I would like to see us take a run at him. If we are able to trade Andy for a younger athletic big, we will would be ia really good position to take it into overdrive.

Right now we have the worst team defense in the league. As good as Andy is, he cannot defend alone or even with help from Gee. So its a wasted effort. The young guys are going to have to develop that mentality, and to do that they need to recognize that Andy is not going to bail them out.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..

Thanks
    Thanked 3,098 Times in 1,474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    In my opinion the Raptor struggles might help us a lot. I have said it many times, but I think DeRozen is one of the most productive wings in the League and he is a free agent next year. If the Raps dont sign him to an extension, I would like to see us take a run at him.
    a) he is not a free agent next year

b) stats disprove your opinion

Thanks
    Thanked 4,458 Times in 963 Posts

Hibbert's game left with Collinson

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 3 Da Hard Way For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 370 Posts

J Crawford's balling so hard

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Powerslave For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,770 Times in 4,192 Posts

That Hibbert max contract look awful right now. Just awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MacPhisto View Post
    I still hold that Kevin Love is a cancer. This team will win 50 without him, it will win 45 with him.

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Da Hard Way View Post
    I think the loss of Granger has hurt Hibbert a lot more than the loss of Collison. Towards the end of last year, Hill was getting starter's minutes and Collison wasn't that productive at all for the Pacers all year.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre Pan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think the loss of Granger has hurt Hibbert a lot more than the loss of Collison. Towards the end of last year, Hill was getting starter's minutes and Collison wasn't that productive at all for the Pacers all year.
    Or maybe its just another example of a guy who goes hard in his contract year and is satisfied now that he got the big contract

Thanks

A comment on Lakers v Houston.

Lakers are playing better, and Dwight and Kobe are carrying the rest of e team, but so far they have only beaten teams under 500. I will not be a believer until the beat a few good teams.. As for Houston, the truth is that Lin just is not that good. Their record is not his fault entirely, but he is a part of the problem. Hardin rocks, but cannot carry this team solo...
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    "You have nothing to fear but fear itself. " FDR

Its all about the management team. Toronto has been mismanaged for so long it is a culture. Not as bad as Sactown today, but bad enough. I think the one positive legacy of LePrincess is the Dan Gilbert organization. The rebuild will take time, but we will rebuild and we will win again.

In my opinion the Raptor struggles might help us a lot. I have said it many times, but I think DeRozen is one of the most productive wings in the League and he is a free agent next year. If the Raps dont sign him to an extension, I would like to see us take a run at him. If we are able to trade Andy for a younger athletic big, we will would be ia really good position to take it into overdrive.

Right now we have the worst team defense in the league. As good as Andy is, he cannot defend alone or even with help from Gee. So its a wasted effort. The young guys are going to have to develop that mentality, and to do that they need to recognize that Andy is not going to bail them out.
    The fact that Colangelo still has a job at this point means he has some fantastic dirt on someone imo. The guy is incompetant beyond words. This is the guy responsible for the Miami situation ever being a possibility by not only giving Bosh the option to leave, but forcing him to leave with his incompeance.

Let's look at the Colangelo check list.

He traded expiring contracts (JO) to Miami to give them the cap space to sign the douche three. For the honours of allowing the Heat to sign the three he also decided it would be a good idea to give them a first round pick...

Before that trade he traded all of his assets for JO...

Signed Hedo to a terrible contract...

Drafted Bargs at #1 in admittedly one of the weakest drafts ever.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdog1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I noticed last game Washington moved Crawford to the starting SG and Beal off the bench. What happened there?

I know Beal hasn't been playing well to start the season.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GCCSteel View Post
    I noticed last game Washington moved Crawford to the starting SG and Beal off the bench. What happened there?

I know Beal hasn't been playing well to start the season.
    Washington is a bad team that made moves to try and win now, but so far they have back fired. They seem to be more concerned about trying to get the 8th seed than they are about allowing their young team to grow. Thank god we are not in their situation imo. They are the definition of tread mill of mediocrity.

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,173 Times in 2,280 Posts

I dont think they made moves to win now. they got rid of the most part of their core and brought in veterans to play with their youngs guys they still have. Washington learned the hard way you gotta have sme experience and maturity in your locker room

Thanks
    Thanked 3,098 Times in 1,474 Posts

nah washington had just compiled arguably the dumbest group of young guys in the league and simply faced the consequences. veterans wouldn't have changed a thing.