Page 113 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2112
  1. #1681
    Hall of Famer Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    11,834
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 9,352 Times in 3,649 Posts

    Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

    I repeat, when does he get fired? I mean they just lost to the Rockets when Harden shot 3-19. They are losing to good teams. They are losing to bad teams. They are losing by collapsing late. They are losing by getting blown out early. They look awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

  2. #1682
    Rising Star MGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks
    1,147
    Thanked 1,467 Times in 595 Posts

    Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

    I just got into an interweb argument with a lakers fan. He said teams shouldn't be awarded free throws with off-ball fouls. More specifically, the rockets lakers game causing him to complain.

    My points: if Dwight wasn't an abortion of a free throw shooter you wouldn't be making this point. Moreover, you're suggesting that the NBA should reform its rules based on your team losing a game - this is called strategy, all teams can and do this.

    His response: its chicken shit strategy then, and not basketball.

    I stopped bothering after that. Some people amaze me in terrible ways.
    Last edited by MGMT; 12-04-2012 at 11:46 PM.

  3. #1683
    Basketbaaaaaaaaaalll RaptorFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Torontoland
    Posts
    1,092
    Thanks
    796
    Thanked 958 Times in 362 Posts

    Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    Toronto has to be the most frustrating team in the league. They've let Ed Davis rot on the bench going on 3 years now in favor of playing freaking Andrea Bargnani and Amir Johnson. Ed Davis and Jonas should be starting. They then go out and sign Mickael Pietrus and Landry Fields to play in front of Terrence Ross. I see no reason the Raps shouldn't be starting Lowry, Ross, Derozan, Davis, Jonas .. they constantly go out and sign super scrubs like Fields, Pietrus, Gray, Lucas, Alan Anderson and play them in front of their youth and wonder why they suck so bad.
    ey another drinking partner

    i enjoy me some a bit of a margarita during warmups, then i start to get down on the jack daniels during crunch time. make me a bit of poutine or if i'm feeling healthy a cheeseburger with some peanuts on the side.
    http://realcavsfans.com/signaturepics/sigpic9395_2.gif

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to RaptorFan For This Useful Post:


  5. #1684
    Drafting workout allstars RchfldCavRaised's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Murfreesboro TN via NE Ohio
    Posts
    9,720
    Thanks
    15,241
    Thanked 7,853 Times in 1,879 Posts

    Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

    Ed Davis with the right system would be pretty good. I like both Ed Davis and Larry Sanders to be PFs who if given the right opportunity, would be more than just serviceable 4's. Both just need a chance to play and a coach to stick with them out there.
    The Richfield Trade Deadline Survival Kit post... here

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post:


  7. #1685
    Hall of Famer Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    11,834
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 9,352 Times in 3,649 Posts

    Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    I just got into an interweb argument with a lakers fan. He said teams shouldn't be awarded free throws with off-ball fouls. More specifically, the rockets lakers game causing him to complain.

    My points: if Dwight wasn't an abortion of a free throw shooter you wouldn't be making this point. Moreover, you're suggesting that the NBA should reform its rules based on your team losing a game - this is called strategy, all teams can and do this.

    His response: its chicken shit strategy then, and not basketball.

    I stopped bothering after that. Some people amaze me in terrible ways.
    Moreover that would lead to massive foul fests as teams would keep the ball every time they got fouled. As opposed to getting to actually shoot FTs. Imagine a team winning the game, it's late, and the other team has the ball. Just continuously foul someone off the ball every couple of seconds and keep making them inbound the ball over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

  8. #1686
    Basketbaaaaaaaaaalll RaptorFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Torontoland
    Posts
    1,092
    Thanks
    796
    Thanked 958 Times in 362 Posts

    Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    Ed Davis with the right system would be pretty good. I like both Ed Davis and Larry Sanders to be PFs who if given the right opportunity, would be more than just serviceable 4's. Both just need a chance to play and a coach to stick with them out there.
    i agree. everytime ed davis has played a wide majority of games, hes contributed fiercely on the defensive end. However i feel it's because of casey's way of giving young players limited minutes so that they can prove themselves so that they can make better decisions in the time that they have, and then build on that. It's a mind game that casey plays to make the players more competitive when fighting for minutes. however his boss is colangelo, and of course BC have a man-crush on bargnani so there may be some conflicts in minute distribution (see mitchell's firing after benching bargnani and resorting him to a 6th man position) so casey is the man to lead the raptors to solid contention, it's just our front office needs to learn that bargnani is not the player he's supposed to be and should move on after a mistake.

    another reason why the front office is ruining the raptors is because they want to adopt a running small-ball offense and try to be a half court grind team like miami. it doesn't work, why?

    1) we need a serious upgrade at the SF position, and that's only if that upgrade is a dude named lebron who can play both forward positions.
    2) hybrid teams don't really work because you're going to give up on boards and size.
    3) all our players are meant for the half-court grind (derozan is 10th best in the league with post ups, calderon and lowry don't really succeed well in running situations, our big men NEED pick and roll offense)
    4) fuck landry fields
    5) casey does not like running teams because he wants to grind and bang down low like his success with designing the mavericks defensive scheme in 2011.

    until we see colangelo stop building this hybrid team bullshit, then the raptors will finally start building a half-court defensive foundation that we saw last year.
    http://realcavsfans.com/signaturepics/sigpic9395_2.gif

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RaptorFan For This Useful Post:


  10. #1687
    Columbus Goat 3 Da Hard Way's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,556
    Thanks
    1,239
    Thanked 4,308 Times in 939 Posts

    Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread


  11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 3 Da Hard Way For This Useful Post:


  12. #1688
    Hall of Famer Mdog1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,657
    Thanks
    547
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 878 Posts

    Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

    I would say cocaine, but it never gave me that type of laugh... Maybe it's crack?

  13. #1689
    Hall of Famer Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    11,834
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 9,352 Times in 3,649 Posts

    Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

    No one is really talking about him but if the Warriors keep winning and he keeps playing like this, David Lee should be an all-star.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

  14. #1690
    1234567890 Numbers Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    3,345
    Thanks
    823
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 486 Posts

    Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorFan View Post
    i agree. everytime ed davis has played a wide majority of games, hes contributed fiercely on the defensive end. However i feel it's because of casey's way of giving young players limited minutes so that they can prove themselves so that they can make better decisions in the time that they have, and then build on that. It's a mind game that casey plays to make the players more competitive when fighting for minutes. however his boss is colangelo, and of course BC have a man-crush on bargnani so there may be some conflicts in minute distribution (see mitchell's firing after benching bargnani and resorting him to a 6th man position) so casey is the man to lead the raptors to solid contention, it's just our front office needs to learn that bargnani is not the player he's supposed to be and should move on after a mistake.

    another reason why the front office is ruining the raptors is because they want to adopt a running small-ball offense and try to be a half court grind team like miami. it doesn't work, why?

    1) we need a serious upgrade at the SF position, and that's only if that upgrade is a dude named lebron who can play both forward positions.
    2) hybrid teams don't really work because you're going to give up on boards and size.
    3) all our players are meant for the half-court grind (derozan is 10th best in the league with post ups, calderon and lowry don't really succeed well in running situations, our big men NEED pick and roll offense)
    4) fuck landry fields
    5) casey does not like running teams because he wants to grind and bang down low like his success with designing the mavericks defensive scheme in 2011.

    until we see colangelo stop building this hybrid team bullshit, then the raptors will finally start building a half-court defensive foundation that we saw last year.
    It must just be so frustrating to see reports like your the favorite to land Pau Gasol, signing Pietrus, Fields etc. when you guys have the pieces to be good with all that young talent. Lowry has been an all star snub for a few seasons now, Derozan is really coming into his own, Jonas is on pace to be one of the better centers in the league as much as it pained me to type that out.. Ross and Ed Davis are nice young players.. I just can't understand why you guys just don't go all youth with a motion offense and hope for the best.. it beats the hell out of whatever the hell you guys are doing now.

    Anyway, Kobe hit 30,000 today.. youngest to do it. 4 out of the 5 top scorers in NBA history have played for the Lakers at some point in there career.. wow.
    Last edited by Numbers Guy; 12-05-2012 at 10:23 PM.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Numbers Guy For This Useful Post:


  16. #1691
    Hall of Famer Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    11,834
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 9,352 Times in 3,649 Posts

    Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    It must just be so frustrating to see reports like your the favorite to land Pau Gasol, signing Pietrus, Fields etc. when you guys have the pieces to be good with all that young talent. Lowry has been an all star snub for a few seasons now, Derozan is really coming into his own, Jonas is on pace to be one of the better centers in the league as much as it pained me to type that out.. Ross and Ed Davis are nice young players.. I just can't understand why you guys just don't go all youth with a motion offense and hope for the best.. it beats the hell out of whatever the hell you guys are doing now.

    Anyway, Kobe hit 30,000 today.. youngest to do it. 4 out of the 5 top scorers in NBA history have played for the Lakers at some point in there career.. wow.
    Where is it you guys see this? Do you actually see it in the games? Because here I am, watching another Raptors game, and the guy is barely in the game, and when he is, you don't really notice it. 1-4 tonight with 3 points and 3 rebounds. This is like basically the norm with him.

    EDIT: And I'm not saying Jonas won't be good anymore than I'm saying Tristan will be good. Right now, I have no idea. Just...hard to say based on what he's done up to this point that he's on the path to stardom.
    Last edited by Rich; 12-06-2012 at 03:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post:


  18. #1692
    Faith In Breesus melecoaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Curitiba, Brazil
    Posts
    2,741
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 1,073 Times in 474 Posts

    Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    It must just be so frustrating to see reports like your the favorite to land Pau Gasol, signing Pietrus, Fields etc. when you guys have the pieces to be good with all that young talent. Lowry has been an all star snub for a few seasons now, Derozan is really coming into his own, Jonas is on pace to be one of the better centers in the league as much as it pained me to type that out.. Ross and Ed Davis are nice young players.. I just can't understand why you guys just don't go all youth with a motion offense and hope for the best.. it beats the hell out of whatever the hell you guys are doing now.

    Anyway, Kobe hit 30,000 today.. youngest to do it. 4 out of the 5 top scorers in NBA history have played for the Lakers at some point in there career.. wow.
    What? The guy has done nothing to deserve that statement. He is on pace to being one of the better centers in the league as well as Omri Casspi is on pace to being one of the better small forwards. I mean seriously, you guys should stop crying about how we passed on a guy that is averaging 8 points and 5 rebounds.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to melecoaze For This Useful Post:


  20. #1693
    Hall of Famer Mdog1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,657
    Thanks
    547
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 878 Posts

    Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    It must just be so frustrating to see reports like your the favorite to land Pau Gasol, signing Pietrus, Fields etc. when you guys have the pieces to be good with all that young talent. Lowry has been an all star snub for a few seasons now, Derozan is really coming into his own, Jonas is on pace to be one of the better centers in the league as much as it pained me to type that out.. Ross and Ed Davis are nice young players.. I just can't understand why you guys just don't go all youth with a motion offense and hope for the best.. it beats the hell out of whatever the hell you guys are doing now.

    Anyway, Kobe hit 30,000 today.. youngest to do it. 4 out of the 5 top scorers in NBA history have played for the Lakers at some point in there career.. wow.
    Also took him the second longest of any of those players

  21. #1694
    Drafting workout allstars RchfldCavRaised's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Murfreesboro TN via NE Ohio
    Posts
    9,720
    Thanks
    15,241
    Thanked 7,853 Times in 1,879 Posts

    Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

    Rich and melecoaze...

    Its all about being objective. If you actually watch the games and not the highlights or the stats, you can see why everyone said he would easily have been the 2nd pick in that, were it not for buyout situation. This isnt a shot at you guys, I just so happen to watch alot of games throughout the day and Raptors strike me as odd because its clear they are a better team as a result of having their PG and C now clearly defined.

    There are things you can see if you just watch. The Raptors are doing alot of their players a disservice by not committing to a style of play. They are stuck trying to salvage Bargnani and by doing so, they are not playing to their strength as the roster is constructed and as Casey is fully capable of coaching. To be honest, Bargnani is REALLY slow and has absolutely no lateral quickness or athleticism. They spoonfeed him so he can be a threat. It is an anchor to everyone else on the team.

    Things like that, political things, affect more than a stat sheet will ever show.

    If Bargnani was injured or traded, I think the Raptors would be in the playoff talk right now. Lowry has been that good for them, Derozan is showing flashes and JV, while inconsistent, is showing flashes of being much more than just serviceable and is exactly what that team needs to shore up a good defense (without bargs) and run the floor to make use of Lowrys strengths and all the young guys they have.
    The Richfield Trade Deadline Survival Kit post... here

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to RchfldCavRaised For This Useful Post:


  23. #1695
    Drafting workout allstars RchfldCavRaised's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Murfreesboro TN via NE Ohio
    Posts
    9,720
    Thanks
    15,241
    Thanked 7,853 Times in 1,879 Posts

    Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

    Also... that was heartbreaking for the Bobcats last night but I will tell you what...

    That team is fun to watch and they play the right way.

    MKG made some costly errors in the last few minutes of the game, and I still dont like how reliant his offensive game is on throwing himself around and drawing fouls, but there is something to his selflessness that the whole team is playing with.

    I dont know if that is partly Dunlap coming up from College and establishing that or not, or a combination of the two, but whatever it is, teh Bobcats look like they have direction now and they are being well coached. Kemba has a role that suits his skills, Gordon has a role. Biyombo is still developing as the first big off the bench. Mullens looks great as a high post big with range. I would kill to have Mullens, Zeller and Andy all together in Byron Scotts system.

    Rich Cho needs to move some of the dead weight and/or turn it into a strong vet presence or two and I think that team has a future. Dead weight being Tyrus Thomas contract for starters. Also, I dont like anything about Gerald Henderson. I dont know if its all about Duke or not, but I just dont like watching him play ball. Jeff Taylor on the other hand, is better than I thought or saw from him last year at Vandy.
    The Richfield Trade Deadline Survival Kit post... here

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •