Page 114 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2112
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,476 Posts

Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

kyle lowry is sick. the most slept on top 10 pg in the league.

also, wanted to reiterate the lolraps comments. team has legit potential but mismanagement is gonna prevent them from capitalizing.

Team Player
    Thanks

joey crawford fucking up the game like usual. He has called fouls on jr smith for blinking at lebron and hits him with a quick T, when wade is bitching all day

Thanks
    Thanked 10,773 Times in 4,195 Posts

So what are the thoughts on the Thunder? They took a lot of heat after that trade, but right now they look like geniuses.

I actually like the look of this team more than last years. Mainly this is due to Ibaka's improvement on offense (averaging 14.5 ppg) and the return of Eric Maynor. I think, right now, they are the favorites to get out of the West again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MacPhisto View Post
    I still hold that Kevin Love is a cancer. This team will win 50 without him, it will win 45 with him.

Thanks

Watching Knicks and Heat, and even without Melo NY is taking it to the champs.

What really stands out is the audience and the vacant seats. We have a potential ECF match-up and all I notice is the empty spots. I know it's easy to knock lackadaisical Miami fans, but it needs to be said every now and then. Hell, even Marv Albert noted the huge amount of NY fans there today.

Sad.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JJ Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 519 Posts

The Knicks may be the best team in the NBA right now. Shumpert will fit right in when he gets healthy.. but Amare really has no place on this team even in a 6th man role.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 519 Posts

So, uh, Norris Cole pushes JR down.. and the foul is on JR?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,774 Times in 1,061 Posts

Anybody else excited to see the Knicks take a shit on Miami WITHOUT Melo, and Amare...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mdog1 For This Useful Post:

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 681 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    The Knicks may be the best team in the NBA right now. Shumpert will fit right in when he gets healthy.. but Amare really has no place on this team even in a 6th man role.
    And they cant get rid of that contract lol. They're stuck with him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    i love rasheed and i love the whole roster. it's just that i cant seem to like them because of they're the damn knicks. but i feel the grizzlies are right above them because of their monster frontcourt. I'd throw in the lakers too just because of Nash's potential when he comes back healthy.
    http://realcavsfans.com/signaturepics/sigpic9395_2.gif

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RchfldCavRaised View Post
    Rich and melecoaze...

Its all about being objective. If you actually watch the games and not the highlights or the stats, you can see why everyone said he would easily have been the 2nd pick in that, were it not for buyout situation. This isnt a shot at you guys, I just so happen to watch alot of games throughout the day and Raptors strike me as odd because its clear they are a better team as a result of having their PG and C now clearly defined.

There are things you can see if you just watch. The Raptors are doing alot of their players a disservice by not committing to a style of play. They are stuck trying to salvage Bargnani and by doing so, they are not playing to their strength as the roster is constructed and as Casey is fully capable of coaching. To be honest, Bargnani is REALLY slow and has absolutely no lateral quickness or athleticism. They spoonfeed him so he can be a threat. It is an anchor to everyone else on the team.

Things like that, political things, affect more than a stat sheet will ever show.

If Bargnani was injured or traded, I think the Raptors would be in the playoff talk right now. Lowry has been that good for them, Derozan is showing flashes and JV, while inconsistent, is showing flashes of being much more than just serviceable and is exactly what that team needs to shore up a good defense (without bargs) and run the floor to make use of Lowrys strengths and all the young guys they have.
    I've watched a number of Raptors games. Tell me what exactly you have seen on a consistent basis that tells you this guy is on his way to being one of the best centers in the league.
    I still hold that Kevin Love is a cancer. This team will win 50 without him, it will win 45 with him.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,476 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    So what are the thoughts on the Thunder? They took a lot of heat after that trade, but right now they look like geniuses.

I actually like the look of this team more than last years. Mainly this is due to Ibaka's improvement on offense (averaging 14.5 ppg) and the return of Eric Maynor. I think, right now, they are the favorites to get out of the West again.
    yes, they are geniuses because they traded one of the most well-rounded offensive players in the league (who is also a capable defender) for someone who is now a glorified spot up shooter who still doesn't play defense, a young sg who never plays, and a pick in a weak draft even though they are looking to win now.

their success now, or martin's efficient numbers really do nothing to prove they are actually a better team. especially long-term.

also, a few days ago martin had some interesting comments wrt: his impending free agency. something along the lines of "never getting the chance to really be a free agent" and also being one of the top sg's available. so yeah, okc isn't gonna have to pay him a bunch of money to stay. trading harden was such a smart financial move!
    Last edited by Triumph36; 12-07-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,986 Times in 777 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
    yes, they are geniuses because they traded one of the most well-rounded offensive players in the league (who is also a capable defender) for someone who is now a glorified spot up shooter who still doesn't play defense, a young sg who never plays, and a pick in a weak draft even though they are looking to win now.

their success now, or martin's efficient numbers really do nothing to prove they are actually a better team. especially long-term.

also, a few days ago martin had some interesting comments wrt: his impending free agency. something along the lines of "never getting the chance to really be a free agent" and also being one of the top sg's available. so yeah, okc isn't gonna have to pay him a bunch of money to stay. trading harden was such a smart financial move!
    This is coming from someone who agrees with a lot of your posts: I challenge you to write 5 posts without using sarcasm.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post

Should have just typed this and left it. That about sums up the post. The fact that they are playing so well and the guy the traded for is playing so well? Well who the hell cares about that! Proves nothing...

BTW, Harden's TS% is currently 10th in the league among shooting guards (that play at least 20 minutes a game). His PER is fourth in that same group. Good, solid player. But still not worth max money.
    Last edited by Rich; 12-07-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 681 Posts

Westbrook > Rose.

Come at me.

Rising Star
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    Westbrook > Rose.

Come at me.
    He easily could be. It just infuriates me to watch him heat check everything this game in the 3rd quarter. Now the D is focusing on him. He should be drawing the defense his way and setting up plenty of assists which will then let the defense back off him again.