Page 117 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2112
    Reading and reacting Chocomatch Champion Sawduzt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,623 Times in 986 Posts

Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

The west is going to be epic, thunder, clips, grizz, lakers () and lets not forget the spurs
    "Now you see me and now you get it in your face!" AC

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sawduzt View Post
    The west is going to be epic, thunder, clips, grizz, lakers () and lets not forget the spurs
    The only problem with the West having so many good-great teams is that every round is going to be a struggle for the eventual WC champs, where as the Heat won't have a problem until the ECF (if they're healthy). This means the Heat will have played a couple of likely 5 game series, where as the eventual WC champs might have played multiple 7 game series already. If it's the Spurs you have to wonder if they won't be too tired, same with the Lakers (lol).

I see a problem with Durant winning MVP too. He is the best player on the best team, which is the reasoning for a lot of MVP's (DRose, LeBron), but unlike LeBron, and to a lesser extent Rose, Durant has a great team around him. He has a potential 6MOY on his team, a player that will likely be in the top 5 of DPOY voting, and another top 5-10 player in the league on his team. You can say LeBron won MVP with Wade, and Bosh, but Wade was putting up 22/5/5 (missed 17 games), and Bosh put up 18/8, and we know the rest of the Heat weren't exactly stars... Chalmers was the next leading scorer at 10ppg lol.

Compare those two to the production of Westbrook 21/9/5, Ibaka 14/8, and Martin 16ppg.

Durant has a ton of help compared to LeBron of last year, as messed up as that sounds to say. Durant might qualify for the KG you have too much help that handed Kobe an undeserved MVP (that should have gone to CP3...).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,705 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    Durant might qualify for the KG you have too much help that handed Kobe an undeserved MVP (that should have gone to CP3...).
    I still remember the year that Kobe won the MVP. There was a lot of debate regarding it because CP3 and Kevin Garnett were really the *top* players that year. The voters widely considered to be a "lifetime achievement" award for Kobe because he never won the MVP before, and they didn't know if his numbers would ever be that good again.

Thanks

Switching topics, it's nice to see Deron Williams is being exposed for the merely average PG he really is. Drove out Jerry Sloan in Utah after Sloan put in a system that made him look like a top 10 player in the league, then got traded to New Jersey where he hasn't put up anywhere near the numbers he did in Utah. Now he is blaming Avery Johnson for not putting in a system that best fits his abilities.

I'll bet Deron regrets ruining what he had going a couple years ago... and I don't feel sorry for him at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shoes22 View Post
    I still remember the year that Kobe won the MVP. There was a lot of debate regarding it because CP3 and Kevin Garnett were really the *top* players that year. The voters widely considered to be a "lifetime achievement" award for Kobe because he never won the MVP before, and they didn't know if his numbers would ever be that good again.
    Chris Paul should be pissed about that. He had one of the best seasons in history, and lead an average roster to the second seed in the toughest Western Conference in recent NBA history. Every team won 50 games that year in the West, and it's not like Kobe lead the Lakers to a much better record than the Hornets, unless you consider one win a much better record... That's a travesty imo, and the only reason they gave it to Kobe is so he could have one, despite the fact that he never deserved one. Kobe never met the criteria that the media laid out. He put up some incredible stat lines, on bad teams, and he put up very good stats on stacked teams.

Can't change the history, but 2008 should have an asterick.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 608 Posts

Look at the recent history of ubber athletic slashers like Westbrook. Rose torn ACL, Wade shoulder injuries, knee injuries, etc. They can't seem to hold up to the constant abuse they take in the paint. I wouldn't be shocked to see him start missing a lot of games. He's developed more of an outside shot than Wade, and Rose, but players that small often get injured going to the rack so much.
    But, to be fair, Other then the two seasons before the cHeat were formed wade has played spectacular with no serious injuries. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I don't think Rose has had any injuries other than the freak accident ACL tear he had during the playoffs last year. Then of course you have the cyborg Lebron who never seems to get injured.

I would expect players like Kyrie, who attack the basket aggressively but don't have the gigantic muscle mass to rely on, to be more prone to injuries.

Or it could all be chance. Who knows.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCavs View Post
    But, to be fair, Other then the two seasons before the cHeat were formed wade has played spectacular with no serious injuries. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I don't think Rose has had any injuries other than the freak accident ACL tear he had during the playoffs last year. Then of course you have the cyborg Lebron who never seems to get injured.

I would expect players like Kyrie, who attack the basket aggressively but don't have the gigantic muscle mass to rely on, to be more prone to injuries.

Or it could all be chance. Who knows.
    I didn't include LeBron because he is half a foot taller, and about 80 pounds heavier than Westbrook. His body was built like a tank, where as Wade/Rose are built much more similarly to Westbrook. Rose iirc suffered a lot of ankle injuries last season, and Wade got healthy for a couple of seasons, but has missed a ton of games in the 10 years he's been in the NBA.

I can't remember how durable AI was, but I seem to recall him not being very injury prone so that's one flaw in my comparison I guess. Another guy who is built similar to Westbrook, and had a sort of similar style of play was Arenas.

I'm not saying it's a for sure thing he will get injured, as I obviously can't predict the future or anything, but it seems a lot of these guys get serious injuries.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdog1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,620 Posts

Westbrook has literally been the healthiest player in the NBA since he got drafted. Iverson and Wade were always hurt from the time they entered the league and Rose always seemed to be dealing with some nagging injury prior to the freak ACL tear.

I just don't know why you'd expect Westbrook to suddenly start dealing with injuries. I'm not saying he won't, it's a physical game and anyone can get hurt, but there's no real reason to anticipate him having problems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wreck View Post
    Westbrook has literally been the healthiest player in the NBA since he got drafted. Iverson and Wade were always hurt from the time they entered the league and Rose always seemed to be dealing with some nagging injury prior to the freak ACL tear.

I just don't know why you'd expect Westbrook to suddenly start dealing with injuries. I'm not saying he won't, it's a physical game and anyone can get hurt, but there's no real reason to anticipate him having problems.
    It's just his style of play. Maybe he is an exception, as every rule has one, but recent history suggests that small guys who constantly drive to the rim are likely to suffer an injury.

I'd also like to point out that before he got hurt Dwight Howard had missed only 7 games in 7 years.

I like Westbrook so I hope it doesn't happen, and he's not a Celtic so I wouldn't wish injury on him, but it's not far fetched to think he could get a severe injury given his style of play.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,620 Posts

It's just his style of play. Maybe he is an exception, as every rule has one, but recent history suggests that small guys who constantly drive to the rim are likely to suffer an injury.

I'd also like to point out that before he got hurt Dwight Howard had missed only 7 games in 7 years.

I like Westbrook so I hope it doesn't happen, and he's not a Celtic so I wouldn't wish injury on him, but it's not far fetched to think he could get a severe injury given his style of play.
    I think you're overestimating how reckless Westbrook really is. I don't see him being any more likely to get hurt than any other stud player.

You're looking at an awfully small amount of players that got hurt, Wade and Rose, and I just don't think it relates to any sort of trend.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wreck View Post
    I think you're overestimating how reckless Westbrook really is. I don't see him being any more likely to get hurt than any other stud player.

You're looking at an awfully small amount of players that got hurt, Wade and Rose, and I just don't think it relates to any sort of trend.
    Maybe not, and it's no secret that certain people are built differently than the average in terms of durability.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 486 Posts

The Wolves only have 3 black guys on their active roster.. and only 1 sees consistent time off the bench and thats Dante Cunningham.

All white everything starting line up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    The Wolves only have 3 black guys on their active roster.. and only 1 sees consistent time off the bench and thats Dante Cunningham.

All white everything starting line up.
    If the Wolves were to win the title do you guys think it would be a rallying cry for the confederacy?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdog1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,664 Times in 2,606 Posts

Thunder lost?

To Minnesota?

World is coming to an end after all.

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro Kinesis View Post
    Thunder lost?

To Minnesota?

World is coming to an end after all.
    Perkins played like he is scared the world will end tommorrow. 0point, 2boards, 0blocks 20min