Page 119 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2112
    Thanks

Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

Westbrook definitely lost the game for the Thunder down the stretch yesterday.

Thanks

So....Magic Johnson called the Clippers....showtime. Do you agree? The Clips are the best team in the NBA and CP3 and Griffin are only getting better. Bledsoe is having a heck of a year so far.

"I thought I would never, ever, see showtime again....the Clippers? That's showtime."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 486 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    So....Magic Johnson called the Clippers....showtime. Do you agree? The Clips are the best team in the NBA and CP3 and Griffin are only getting better. Bledsoe is having a heck of a year so far.

"I thought I would never, ever, see showtime again....the Clippers? That's showtime."
    I actually saw two players fight over a Chris Paul lob during that game the Clippers are a ton of fun to watch.

Reading and reacting Chocomatch Champion Sawduzt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,623 Times in 986 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
    The Thunder have a few issues that they need to resolve.

Russell Westbrook is still an immature player. You have to appreciate his aggressiveness in certain situations but at times he seems like a player more concerned with getting his stats than winning the game. It is a tricky situation because you don't want to stop him from making plays. But at the same time he gets out of control and really hurts the Thunder. Personally, I would have traded Westbrook instead of Harden but that is my opinion. I think a true PG with Harden and Durant on the wings would create a more balanced team.

The Thunder don't have a guy that can post up and get points. This is a crucial part of the team. Some argue that the Heat didn't have a post presence and still won but Lebron played in the post quite often in key moments. This is why I really would prefer the Cavs add another post player as opposed to a wing in the draft or a trade. Based on some recent rumors with Aldridge and Love and Gasol the Cavs believe this as well.

The Perkins situation is a tough one. He could prove extremely helpful against some big teams like the Lakers and Grizzlies. But against smaller teams like Miami he is a liability. Jeff Green would be a much better fit for the Thunder against Miami.

It will be interesting to see what the Thunder do at the deadline but I saw the same team I saw in June today. That won't be enough to win a Championship.
    This is why andy would be a great fit for them, although harder to deal with the grizz and lakers, he will be dynamite against the heat, spurs etc.. and you have to guard him so it makes their offense more deadly down the stretch.
    "Now you see me and now you get it in your face!" AC

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Bulls-Pacers game is postponed for tonight.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,816 Times in 1,335 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blommen View Post
    Brooks is notorious for completely holding back OKC and limiting their chances at a title.
    fyp!

I said it before, but he's just too far in over his head with OKC. I really thought they'd make the smart choice and get Stan this past off-season....instead of giving one of OKC's biggest weaknesses a contract extension.

Speaking of OKC, in the past 3 games Harden has scored 90pts on 38 shots. That is just absurd.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Triumph36 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 699 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Casualties14 View Post
    Westbrook definitely lost the game for the Thunder down the stretch yesterday.
    I keep saying this but Westbrook has morphed into a 2 imo

The Thunder would benefit most from picking up Calderon(sp) from the Raps.

It would give the Thunder a good a player who is pass first, excellent at getting the ball to players in good spots and a decent shooter for drive and kick situations. Think about OKC being able to play both Westbrook and Durant off ball with a player at the point who looks to pass first...Or think about OKC being able to go JC at the point with Westbrook at the 2 Martin at the 3 and Durant at the 4 Ibaka at the 5...That 5 could run most teams out of the gym

Calderon (sp) would probably lead the league in assists if he played in OKC

It would make the Thunder less iso oriented and a much more balanced team on offense

Not a **** was given Prophet Named X's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,015 Times in 2,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KB View Post
    I keep saying this but Westbrook has morphed into a 2 imo

The Thunder would benefit most from picking up Calderon(sp) from the Raps.

It would give the Thunder a good a player who is pass first, excellent at getting the ball to players in good spots and a decent shooter for drive and kick situations. Think about OKC being able to play both Westbrook and Durant off ball with a player at the point who looks to pass first...Or think about OKC being able to go JC at the point with Westbrook at the 2 Martin at the 3 and Durant at the 4 Ibaka at the 5...That 5 could run most teams out of the gym

Calderon (sp) would probably lead the league in assists if he played in OKC

It would make the Thunder less iso oriented and a much more balanced team on offense
    Problem being that Calderon is an atrocious defender. I mean, I guess if they could hide Fisher on D for a bit, they could do the same with Calderon.
    Why am I not allowed to have a center?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Prophet Named X For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Man Called X View Post
    Problem being that Calderon is an atrocious defender. I mean, I guess if they could hide Fisher on D for a bit, they could do the same with Calderon.
    Calderon and Kevin Martin on D would be very problematic. Especially since Serge would have to honor Bosh's perimeter game....and then while you make yourself better equipped for the Heat. You make it less likely you even reach the Finals.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jay_em For This Useful Post:

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,470 Times in 597 Posts

Kevin Love just doesn't give a shit as the wolves blow a lead. Dude doesn't seem interested.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 699 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jay_em View Post
    Calderon and Kevin Martin on D would be very problematic. Especially since Serge would have to honor Bosh's perimeter game....and then while you make yourself better equipped for the Heat. You make it less likely you even reach the Finals.
    I think this makes them stronger all the way around.

IF they want D with Calderon they can always drop KD back down to the 3 and run with Ibaka and Collison. If they want Durant at the 4 you run Thabo at the 3. Martin doesn't have to start either, in fact Martin may be best coming off the bench when one of KD or Westbrook comes out of the game in this hypothetical situation.

Calderon and Westbrook are both about the same height so Calderon would be on the less potent offensive threat since Westbrook is the better defender. Just because a player is in a spot on offense doesn't mean they have to guard the same spot on D.

Who knows. I think the Raps will regret the Fields deal, I could see them trying to move him sooner than later with Ross/Derozen on the roster.

One way it works salary wis is with Perkins/Jackson. Another way it works salary wise, which is interesting, is Calderon/Fields for Martin/Jackson iirc
    Last edited by KB; 12-26-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 486 Posts

Man, JR Smith hit a tough desperation fadeaway to tie the game up. On the next possession, with 1 second left, hit a tough shot in PJ Tuckers face to win the game. Wow.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Numbers Guy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,662 Times in 2,606 Posts

Why hasn't there been a lot of coverage of Anthony Davis yet? Is he not turning out how they hoped?

Thanks

Davis has been in and out if the lineup with an early concussion. Thus losing some momentum to Lillard....plus New Orleans not exactly a media market.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    Kevin Love just doesn't give a shit as the wolves blow a lead. Dude doesn't seem interested.
    who can blame him? the organization has basically taken a big steaming dump on him and refuses to acknowledge him as a franchise player. He wants the fuck out of there and i can't say i don't understand.