Page 121 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2112
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,816 Times in 1,335 Posts

Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

so, last night while the warriors were getting brutally dominated, super coach vdn had paul and griffin play the first 9min+ of the third quarter. golden state was never within 20 during those 9+ minutes. they weren't within 30 for most of those 9+ minutes.

oh, and it was the clippers fourth game of the new year.

idiocy at its finest.
    Last edited by Triumph36; 01-06-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
    so, last night while the warriors were getting brutally dominated, super coach vdn had paul and griffin play the first 9min+ of the third quarter. golden state was never within 20 during those 9+ minutes. they weren't within 30 for most of those 9+ minutes.

idiocy at its finest.
    Not sure what your beef is with VDN, but he has the Clips playing with excellent defensive intensity (best in the west) The clips have less talent than The Lakers, the knicks and the Heat, but have a better record than any of those teams. That is good coaching.

The fact that the clips were brutally dominated by the Clips supports the premise that they would benefit more from Andy than anyone in the league. They were playing Ezili, Biedrins and Jeremy Tyler and Carl Landry against Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan. Of course they got abused. Which is also why Del Negro continued to play Griffin. His options off bench are Lamar Odom, Ronnie Turiev and Ryan Hollins.

My points in this exchange are :
    Mike Dunlap sucks at head coach, while VDN rocks.
    GS is a good team that will not compete without an upgrade in the lane, which Andy serves nicely.
    GS has can trade some decent assets that would fit our needs without screwing up thier core.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 486 Posts

GS is 2-1 against the Clippers.. the Clips were just returning the blow out favor the Warriors handed to them earlier in the week.

Thanks

idiocy at its finest.
    No Clipper played 30 minutes in the game and they only have 1 game in the next 6 days. Best record in the league. Chill out.

Thanks

I happened to catch the last portion of regulation of the Pistons Bobcats game. I have to say that Kemba Walker is a lot better basketball player than I thought he'd ever be. He is undersized. But, he still is able to get his shot off in the paint and does a decent job of finishing. That shot he made to send the game into over time was a beauty. He still needs to get better consistency on his outside shot. But, man, I wish Dion Waiters could finish like Kemba does. I know this has been beaten to death. But, man does Drummond look good out there. He moves so well. I only saw a little bit of the 4th quarter. But, in that time he had 2 blocks and 2 dunks that I saw. He still needs to work on defensive positioning and fundamentals. But, the tools are there. He's going to be a star IMO.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    Not sure what your beef is with VDN, but he has the Clips playing with excellent defensive intensity (best in the west) The clips have less talent than The Lakers, the knicks and the Heat, but have a better record than any of those teams. That is good coaching.

The fact that the clips were brutally dominated by the Clips supports the premise that they would benefit more from Andy than anyone in the league. They were playing Ezili, Biedrins and Jeremy Tyler and Carl Landry against Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan. Of course they got abused. Which is also why Del Negro continued to play Griffin. His options off bench are Lamar Odom, Ronnie Turiev and Ryan Hollins.

My points in this exchange are :
    Mike Dunlap sucks at head coach, while VDN rocks.
    GS is a good team that will not compete without an upgrade in the lane, which Andy serves nicely.
    GS has can trade some decent assets that would fit our needs without screwing up thier core.
    the clippers don't have less talent than the knicks, and the lakers are obviously a poor comparison considering they have been decimated by injuries the entire season. also, lac's win % has benefited significantly from their schedule thus far.

vdn is not a good coach, the clippers would be better off without him, and the bobcats would still be dreadful with him. the bobcats wouldn't be a .500 team with any coach in the league except maybe thibs/pops. maybe.

but on the topic of bad teams, i'm not all that surprised to see this

Quote Originally Posted by shaggyZ View Post
    No Clipper played 30 minutes in the game and they only have 1 game in the next 6 days. Best record in the league. Chill out.
    lol that is entirely irrelevant.

leaving your superstar player on the court while you are crushing is flat out idiotic. period. doesn't matter how many overall minutes he plays, how many days off he has, or anything. it has absolutely ZERO upside and tons of downside.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Triumph36 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Pacers 55 rebs to miami's 35. Pacers up 8 with 40 secs...

Paul george is nice. Might be outplaying lebron right now

Thanks

interesting contrast between the two young point guards...

Thanks
    Thanked 9,362 Times in 3,656 Posts

Indiana picking it up, could end up being the second best team in the East, and this is with Roy Hibbert still playing like he was just awarded a huge contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dano_24_26 View Post
    Pacers 55 rebs to miami's 35. Pacers up 8 with 40 secs...

Paul george is nice. Might be outplaying lebron right now
    heat are supposedly bringing in chris andersen for a workout. i'm surprised it took them this long, honestly. he's old, but he was still a decent enough bench big in denver last year. doubt he's worse than anthony.

i'm also surprised by the lack of celtics bashing in the media world. .500 in the east? lol. i can't believe such an elite pg like rajon rondo would let them sink to such depths!!

Thanks

Indiana gave the heat a run last year, But miami won anyway. Pacers beat them with bench depth and excellent rebounding, but in the real series, I think Miami will play the starters more minutes and bring more defensive intensity.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..

Thanks
    Thanked 3,844 Times in 1,642 Posts

Lakers suck. Just gonna throw that out there.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 486 Posts

The Lakers really went out of the way to hire the worst possible coach for this roster.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    The Lakers really went out of the way to hire the worst possible coach for this roster.
    And it's too damn funny watching said coach in those post game pressers.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,761 Times in 697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    Not just once but twice in a row