Page 126 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2112
    Thanks

Default Re: NBA Regular season games thread

20 pts for Gay at halftime against Miami on 8/12 shooting. 9/18 20 pts in his debut against the Clippers. Any chance Toronto could be a good fit? Still hasn't played with Bargniani but you would think his 3pt range would help open the middle for his driving?

Thanks

I saw this on Inside The NBA the other day and laughed hard.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shaggyZ For This Useful Post:

Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,346 Times in 5,347 Posts

If you can get a feed of the Warriors vs Rockets right now, tune in. It's 77 to 69 at the half. I haven't seen two offenses go at it like this in a long time.
    “He (Dellavedova) was doin' too much.” ~Paul George, January 5th

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randolphkeys For This Useful Post:

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,161 Times in 1,051 Posts

Houston has 130 and just tied the record for most 3s in a game with 23.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JMcCurry08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Pau Gasol felt a pop in the bottom of his foot during the Los Angeles Lakers' 92-83 win at the Brooklyn Nets.

Gasol will have an MRI on Wednesday and the fear is that he tore his plantar fascia.

Gasol left the arena on crutches.
    Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN
    Not good for the pick

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    Houston has 130 and just tied the record for most 3s in a game with 23.
    M Jackson said none of that, going old school by fouling everyone down 30 with 3 minutes to play. Odd ending - couple ejections, coaches not shaking hands. Houston was really trying to get that last three.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoCavFan For This Useful Post:

Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,346 Times in 5,347 Posts

That was easily the most entertaining non-Cavs game I've seen this year. The first half was just insane.
    “He (Dellavedova) was doin' too much.” ~Paul George, January 5th

Team Player
    Thanks

The NBA trade deadline journalism racket is a tricky minefield to navigate. The business is driven by rumors, many of which are founded in truth; others of which are utterly fictitious.

Distinguishing between the two differentiates the good basketball Web sites from the bad sites.

But figuring out who is available is not rocket science if you speak to the right people, and I speak to a lot of plugged-in people on a regular basis.

Here is the latest they are telling me: The San Antonio Spurs are the front-runners to land Al Jefferson in a trade with the Utah Jazz — and they are frontrunners like Secretariat was in the 1973 Belmont Stakes.

Here’s why, followed by a how.

“Those teams are practically incestuous, they are on such good terms internally,” one NBA source told me Wednesday.

Indeed, Spurs assistant general manager Scott Layden left Utah prior to this season after spending several seasons as an assistant coach for the Jazz and joined R.C. Buford’s staff in San Antonio’s secrecy vault front office. Also, former Spurs assistant GM Dennis Lindsey is now doing the legwork for Utah’s grand poohbah, Kevin O’Connor.

The Jazz do not want to lose Jefferson for nothing when he becomes an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, and they have a former overall No. 1 pick, Enes Kanter, ready to step in and fill the void that would be left by Jefferson’s departure.

Yes, Jefferson makes them a better playoff team. But no, the Jazz are not fooling themselves into believing they are championship material at this point.

And if Dwight Howard is not available on the free agent market this summer, Jefferson immediately becomes the No. 1 center available.

So the time for the Jazz to move him is NOW, and the team with the biggest need for an upgrade at center is the Spurs, whose inability to protect the rim was one of the prime reasons for their collapse in last year’s Western Conference finals when they had won 20 in a row and had a 2-0 lead on the Thunder, only to lose the next four.

Next: The Jazz need a point guard, and the Spurs have two of them not named Tony Parker. So you can expect Patty Mills (who Lindsey is familiar with and fond of) to be the preferable choice over Nando de Colo.

The Jazz also need some value coming back in this trade, and the Spurs have one last Eurostash asset in Erazem Lorbek, who has been profiled on this site by writer A.J. Mitnick.

Presumably they’d also ask for Tiago Splitter, because somebody would need to back up Kanter, and because Splitter is having an improved season in the year his contract expires — meaning Utah would not be taking on any long-term financial obligation.

San Antonio throws in Stephen Jackson for salary-matching purposes (almost an exact match), and voila.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/02...rson-to-spurs/

I think that trade would make the spurs clear favorites for the ring and only okc wuld be able to stop them. A all jeffrerson and Timmy frontcourt is hard to stop and tey would take miami outin five with there weak front line. But add in manul, parker, and a good defender a leonard and its money.

Would love to see the greatest PF of all time win back to back before he retires. Duncan wasnt no diva and never got into trouble dude is first class

Thanks

In what universe was Kanter the no. 1 overall pick?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Henderson For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,770 Times in 4,109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Henderson View Post
    In what universe was Kanter the no. 1 overall pick?
    I'm sure they meant former first round pick.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,331 Times in 1,432 Posts

Is Rondo a little overrated? Hmm, I always wondered if he benefit a lot from the system. Celtics about to drop 6 in a row. Not suggesting they're better without him, but more proof that the heartbeat of team is KG and Pierce.
    If I sound ignorant, don't blame me. I post on realcavsfans.com

Thanks
    Thanked 4,465 Times in 1,772 Posts

Shaq offered to trade Kyrie for Faried just now on Inside the NBA...and Chuck said no.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shoes22 View Post
    Shaq offered to trade Kyrie for Faried just now on Inside the NBA...and Chuck said no.
    Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shoes22 View Post
    I Like Barkley until he actually tries to talk about basketball. I sometimes wonder if he has watched any games at all. He still thinks the Grizzlies are better than the Clippers and doesn't take the only guy that's in the actual all-star game for his stupid team. He dropped like 8 straight 3's in last years game.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,323 Times in 536 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shaggyZ View Post
    I Like Barkley until he actually tries to talk about basketball. I sometimes wonder if he has watched any games at all. He still thinks the Grizzlies are better than the Clippers and doesn't take the only guy that's in the actual all-star game for his stupid team. He dropped like 8 straight 3's in last years game.
    Well, it's not like I don't see where you're coming from, but I also see two different perspectives.

One, they just aren't managers, and now we see why.

Two, Barkey probably got absorbed by the whole "big man" idea again... It's not supposed to be taken seriously guys!

Either way, normally, all-stars don't play often in those games, we'll it's fine. Maybe we'll be entertained this time.
    (Reserved for future Animated Signature-that-won't-slow-you-down)

Magic Number Thread:
    http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.p...in-May-2011...

The latest updates are noted within the context.