Page 312 of 726 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 10876

Thread: Kyrie Irving

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

Default Re: Kyrie Irving

Quote Originally Posted by shukle View Post
    Great, next step, let's hang a huge arse freaking banner on a building with a picture of Kyrie "The Messiah" Irving... You want your 20 year old superstar PG growing up thinking : i don't need team mates?

I am not saying Kyrie should not be looking to score... Run a play for him, but get to ball to move around a little before.
    Well, in a crowd of 100000000 fans you will be the first that has any doubt that KI will be Mr Everything in the final seconds of a close Cavalier game. That includes oppossing coaches, players, and fans. Noone has any kind of respect(rightfully so) for anyone else on our team. You act like the dude doesn't actually deliver. He's clutch. He comes through. Wtf do you want, dude? If shit wasn't working I could understand. But, damn.

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Not talking about the last shot, he had 7 seconds to do something, he did wonderfully. But he spent the last 2 minutes playing 1v5 on offense

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,555 Posts

Kyrie's defense seems to be getting better. Strangely, Kyrie's best defensive situation might be fast break defense. He seems to have been stopping points on the fast break quite often.

I want to see Kyrie be more aggressive in the beginning of games. He turns on another gear late in the game, but if he can match that intensity or even come close to it, he'll be even better. Also, I think it's becoming a quick reality that Kyrie may end up scoring closer to 25 points a game than some realize.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Free Agency God For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I like his pace to be honest. He lays in a score within the offense mentality for most of the game, getting points and assists, and then takes over when needed. I don't want him becoming a chucker or forcing things.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to apolo29 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Last edited by Free Agency God; 11-04-2012 at 02:29 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apolo29 View Post
    I like his pace to be honest. He lays in a score within the offense mentality for most of the game, getting points and assists, and then takes over when needed. I don't want him becoming a chucker or forcing things.
    Certainly I do not want him forcing things either. However, I'm saying this in the context of also keeping his 4th-quarter efficiency, which is phenomenal. It's even better than his regular minutes. If he can keep that sort of play up for the whole game, he'll be even better; that is what I am getting at.

I'm also interested in seeing if Kyrie is still recovering from his injury. It'll be interesting if he has another level to his game to show us this season. I'm waiting for a game similar to Harden's first two games although I think that, if Kyrie were given 40+ minutes, he could also reach those stats as of now. I wonder how many minutes Kyrie will get per game this season. I'm hoping it's closer to 40. Generally superstars get 36-40.

Thanks

Well keep in mind harden got 44+ minutes when he scored 45. And he scored 24 today on 33% shooting. That's what happens when you shoot and shoot and shoot. Kyrie tends to shoot when he needs to, and it keeps his efficiency up.

Anyway I think kyrie is a shoe in for 20+ ppg this season, these 27 and 29 point games have felt like the norm rather than the exception, and the 15 point game seemed like the "bad" game, and that was with him sitting the entire fourth quarter. When 15 points is your bad game you're pretty much a star.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,586 Posts

Also need to remember he has done this last year and so far this year playing minutes in the low 30s. If he played in the high 30s like the other stars in the nba he'd put up even bigger numbers.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,858 Times in 2,749 Posts

Varejao hitting jumpers tonight showed me that Kyrie is more than willing to distribute if he has offense talent (or a hot player) playing alongside him. Hopefully we can add a few more of those types in the near future.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chrisrich91 For This Useful Post:

Rookie
    Thanks

Goddam we got a special one. He's so special that it's only natural that we want him to be an all around player so he can maximize his potential.

It'll take time, but damn I've never shaken my head in disbelief at a play as much as I have with Kyrie. He truly is a treat to watch day in a day out so I'm going to stop nitpicking and enjoy what we have.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to akhan786 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    Varejao hitting jumpers tonight showed me that Kyrie is more than willing to distribute if he has offense talent (or a hot player) playing alongside him. Hopefully we can add a few more of those types in the near future.
    I think as we get more talent around us, not only is it going to open up the lane more for Kyire so his points and efficiency will go up, but his assists will go up as well. As we're beginning to see, I think, Kyrie's average stat line is probably going to look more like an Allen Iverson stat line (except way better efficiency) rather than a Chris Paul stat line, and I think that's ok. Scoring 20 points per game this season is a given. Hell, if Kyrie were given 36 minutes per game last season, 21-22 points per game wouldn't have been out of the question. I'm seeing closer to 25 ppg this season. For future seasons, if he gets closer to 36-40 minutes per game and continues to improve/we get better players to better spread the floor, we could see him get close to or hit 30 ppg with Durant-like or even Bird-like efficiency. That shit right there is scary to think about.

Dion has been showing so far that he can shoot it at least average and possibly even above average (in flashes). That's going to open up the lane for Kyrie. Now we just need some more big men shooters who can hit the midrange shot or longer so that we can have an open lane for Kyrie and Dion. This offensive system is in dire need of shooting big men. If Tristan somehow even manages to get Andy's level of a jumper from 15 feet out, that will be a huge blessing.

I also don't think we've seen the level of passing of which Kyrie is capable yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    This was my arguement all along when people were trying to label KI as this or that. How can we expect this guy to be an elite playmaker when he's got hot garbage playing next to him? As the talent level around him increases, so will his other numbers. Funny thing is, I don't think it will even affect his scoring much. It may seem reasonable to conclude that his scoring would go down, but I don't think so. His efficiency is such that I don't see it, and the more talent we can get around him, he will start to get more easier buckets as teams can't focus so hard on shutting him down.

The sky is the limit.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Giambiwannabe7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmknJoe7 View Post
    This was my arguement all along when people were trying to label KI as this or that. How can we expect this guy to be an elite playmaker when he's got hot garbage playing next to him? As the talent level around him increases, so will his other numbers. Funny thing is, I don't think it will even affect his scoring much. It may seem reasonable to conclude that his scoring would go down, but I don't think so. His efficiency is such that I don't see it, and the more talent we can get around him, he will start to get more easier buckets as teams can't focus so hard on shutting him down.

The sky is the limit.
    This is why I'm saying that, as more talent gets around him, his assists AND his scoring/efficiency will go up because there will be more pressure taken off him, the lane will be more open, and his options will actually score when passed to.

Thanks

Nice compilation from the Bucks game.

'You effeminate basement dwelling tech nerds set up shop on the left coast because New Yorkers or Chicago types would eat your lunch and crap it on your keyboard."

- Sleepy51 of Realgm Warriors

20. The Following User Says Thank You to malus For This Useful Post:

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,188 Times in 2,283 Posts

I like how kyrie was pushing the ball up the court the whole game. its give mes hope the cavs will actually be an up tempo offense this year instead of just talking about.