Thread: Kyrie Irving

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,564 Times in 1,553 Posts

Default Re: Kyrie Irving

Quote Originally Posted by malus View Post
    Nice compilation from the Bucks game.

Iverson is to Lue in this video.

As Kyrie is to Ilyasova at 2:05 in this video.

Thanks

That spin move in the first clip is downright nasty, and exactly the reason why he can be effective in the post. Granted it was Brandon Jennings guarding him, but honestly how many guards in the NBA can cover moves like that in the post?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SkaakS View Post
    That spin move in the first clip is downright nasty, and exactly the reason why he can be effective in the post. Granted it was Brandon Jennings guarding him, but honestly how many guards in the NBA can cover moves like that in the post?
    so it takes Kyrie, a point guard, one season to want to learn post moves and work in the post where it took LePoop, a small forward in a power forwards body, 8 seasons to want to learn to go into the post a lot. Hmm.

Thanks

I really like how Kyrie is taking the ball to the hoop when the game is one the line, instead of settling for a low efficient jump shot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 532 Posts

I see Kyrie doing things with the ball I have never seen before. If he takes everything he knows and one day makes It all work he has the potential to become the next true Jordan... What makes Kyrie great Is what makes LeBron average. Kyrie has that humble yet killer attitude that makes me think Of players like Barry Sanders, Micheal Jordan, and Ken Griffy Jr. Hopefully we can put Kyrie in this group.
    #WeAllFromCleveland

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snarly For This Useful Post:

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,142 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by No Regard View Post
    I really like how Kyrie is taking the ball to the hoop when the game is one the line, instead of settling for a low efficient jump shot.
    thats what he has always done

Thanks

I love this kid. Every game I see him post up the pg and score and I think damn that was nice, probably won't be seeing anything like that again. And then he posts up the pg the next game and does a nasty spin move that makes me want to go practice it at the gym. And then comes the last few seconds of a close game and somehow, like always, he gets a layup in the closing seconds. You would think teams would gameplan for it, do anything to stop it, but boom one pick one crossover and one slick left handed layup and they're left like deer in headlights.

Cryotherapy Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,823 Times in 2,094 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    I see Kyrie doing things with the ball I have never seen before. If he takes everything he knows and one day makes It all work he has the potential to become the next true Jordan... What makes Kyrie great Is what makes LeBron average. Kyrie has that humble yet killer attitude that makes me think Of players like Barry Sanders, Micheal Jordan, and Ken Griffy Jr. Hopefully we can put Kyrie in this group.
    Jordan was a super-elite athlete with great size for his position. He also didn't have much in the way of a reliable outside shot until he got older and was never a humble guy outside of TV comercials. Jordan and Lebron have a lot in common.

A 19 year old rookie Kyrie Irving looked a lot like a 26 year old Steve Nash. Kyrie's already put the offensive skills part of just about everything and made it look easy. It's pretty hard to figure out where his game will be in 5 years.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Douglar For This Useful Post:

Working the media SpanishCavsfan's Avatar
    Thanks

I just couldn't believe he was able to drive and get that layup to tie the game. I would think that teams would try and stop him, but I guess he's so good that he can get whatever he wants if he really wants it.

Reading and reacting Chocomatch Champion Adam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,065 Posts

Anyone else notice the veteran foul shooting technique. Instead of toeing the line he steps back half a step. Now if only he'd make a few more
    'The truth is in the middle' apparently

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    thats what he has always done
    And I never said anything else.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sawduzt View Post
    Anyone else notice the veteran foul shooting technique. Instead of toeing the line he steps back half a step. Now if only he'd make a few more
    Veteran foul shooting technique? More like a kids foul shooting technique. It's actually the ONLY thing I don't like that he does...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BigErieCavsFan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Didn't see this posted yet... I'd like to see more footage of his skateboard skills But he better not get injured

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    Lol funniest post I've ever read.

Kyrie is going to become the next Jordan, and LeBron is average. Yep, I've seen it all. I can go die now.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to "Boobie" Gibson For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,535 Times in 4,046 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Douglar View Post
    Jordan was a super-elite athlete with great size for his position. He also didn't have much in the way of a reliable outside shot until he got older and was never a humble guy outside of TV comercials. Jordan and Lebron have a lot in common.
    LeBron and Jordan may have a lot in common now, but until last year LeBron was nothing like Jordan. Jordan was a fiery competitor who wanted to destroy everyone he played against and didn't care about anything but winning and being better than everyone. Does any of that sound like LeBron from years one through eight?

You could potentially make that argument about LeBron now that he's finally realized his potential and found that killer instinct, but even then, I just don't see LeBron as the fiery competitor that Jordan was. LeBron wants to be liked too much. Jordan didn't care how many people hated him and he burned just about every bridge he ever crossed on the way to the top.

I highly doubt we'll ever see another Jordan in terms of athleticism, motivation, skill, and competitiveness. Kobe is probably the closest anyone has come, but I think we can all agree that even in his prime he was never quite Jordan.

I do laugh whenever I see anyone call Jordan humble, though. It just shows they've never read anything about the guy and are going solely by his brilliant PR machine.