Page 316 of 726 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 10876

Thread: Kyrie Irving

Thanks
    Thanked 6,416 Times in 2,477 Posts

Default Re: Kyrie Irving

Quote Originally Posted by SmknJoe7 View Post
    Thankfully(sort of), CJ Miles doesn't hit enough from deep to have to hear "from Miles, and Miles, and Miles away" too often.
    I don't want to turn this into a Fred bash but him and Austin need to be told to stop it with the puns, cheesy nicknames and lame inside jokes and focus on calling the game. It takes away from the intensity of the game and makes us look bad when other fans watch our broadcast.
    Last edited by Huber.; 11-06-2012 at 06:53 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Huber. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huber View Post
    I don't want to turn this into a Fred bash but him and Austin need to be told to stop it with the puns, cheesy nicknames and lame inside jokes. It takes away from the intensity of the game.
    I don't know about you, but that's why I like them personally.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Löttery Göd For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

I don't want to turn this into a Fred bash but him and Austin need to be told to stop it with the puns, cheesy nicknames and lame jokes. It takes away from the intensity of the game.
    With the free preview of league pass I've been able to sample other teams announcers, and there's no doubt about it Fred and Austin are some of the worst in the league. Other announcers might be bigger homers then Fred and Austin, but that's fine they are paid to be a little biased towards their teams. The problem is, like you said, their jokes and puns are just awful. It's getting really hard to listen to.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,045 Posts

I don't want to turn this into a Fred bash but him and Austin need to be told to stop it with the puns, cheesy nicknames and lame inside jokes and focus on calling the game. It takes away from the intensity of the game and makes us look bad when other fans watch our broadcast.
    Dude we have some of the best announcers in the league. They are personable and likeable. We could do so much worse.

Thanks

I love Fred and AC. I don't have FSO yet at school so I've been watching illegal streams. Other teams announcers are so brutally boring, plain, and emotionless. Do they get cheesy at times? Yes, but they bring life to the game instead of sounding like other announcers who seem like they're announcing a Female High School JV basketball preseason games.

Oh yeah, since this is the Kyrie thread, I have a massive man crush on Kyrie.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PosterTime For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RMsDanielGibson View Post

I also don't think we've seen the level of passing of which Kyrie is capable yet.
    That's the best part. We haven't seen the level of capability that he has in any facet of his game yet. He's 20 years old.

Thanks

When we become a contender one thing that I believe will help this team is our attitude. You see a lot of up and coming teams struggle once they get into the playoffs (Atlanta, Denver, etc). With Kyrie and Dion we have two playmakers who can attack the basket and get to the free throw line, they shoot a solid percentage too. This can help in a comeback win or in holding off a team from making a comeback. We also have guys won't shrink from the moment, they want the pressure on them, which is a good thing.

On a side note: Fred and AC are a truly horrendous announcing team as far as objectivity and professionalism are concerned. But every game they root for the wine and gold, and at least bring something different to the table. It's a probably a 70/30 split as far as entertainment and the actual game of basketball being discussed, but i've heard worse. I just can't wait until A.C. knocks Fred out with one of his patented elbows to the face, or whatever the hell they do behind the broadcast table.
    Byron Scott is a fine coach, and does a great job, and Kyrie Irving has not just met expectations, he exceeded them. He showed what he could do last year, and despite occasional injuries, he’s just a solid player that doesn’t make a lot of rookie mistakes, has a shot, good off the dribble, knows how to find the open man, it’s a lot of talent at the point guard position, [the Cavs] just need to round it out... He’s a fine coach and he’s really good with young players, there’s no doubt that they are a couple of pieces away from filling out the puzzle, but it will be fun to watch the team. - Obama

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Keith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 772 Posts

I love our announcers. Especially AC. That dude cracks me up every time. You just never know what phrase will just come out.

I love Super K, BTW.
    When in doubt, step up the defense

Thanks
    Thanked 1,643 Times in 604 Posts

So, at what point in time are we able to give this guy the longest extension possible?

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,589 Times in 3,193 Posts

I don't find Fred and AC to be any worse than most of the other announce teams in the league, and they are better than at least a couple. Milwaukee takes the award for worst announce team in the league. Not only are they giant homers, but they're also stupid. They don't know their facts at all.
    And I'm someone who has League Pass and doesn't live in Ohio, so I have to suffer through the home announce team every game, which can get really painful at times.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the Clippers announce team the other night. They were pretty objective and fairly knowledgeable.

As far as Fred and AC go, at least they tend to know quite a bit about the other team, and they do criticize the Cavs when they are playing poorly or the other team is playing really well. They point out what the team is doing wrong and how the other team is beating them. Their little in-jokes are lame and they go way overboard with their puns, but they do seem to know plenty about basketball.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

AC is just always going to do his 'thing'. It doesn't bother me and I really do like hearing "get that weak stuff outta here".

More importantly, back to Kyrie. He plays with the confidence of a 10 year vet. Point-guard wise, is there anything he
    doesn't do well ? We're really lucky to have such a great player so soon after LBJ. It won't be long until he's the best point
    guard in the league. Getting better players around him will just make him more valuable to this team.

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoTitleTown View Post
    Well, no. You just obviously share his more liberal definition of the term. That's fine.

Personally, I think the term should be more strict. There's no "right" answer to this question.
    I think the issue was that you rather dogmatically came out and said "people need to stop using the word 'contend'", because it only applies if a team has a "VERY STRONG" chance of winning a championship. Now, you're saying there is "no right answer" to that question, which I think is a bit more correct.

Semantics aside, I think the point may have been that this team may very soon have the talent to contend, even if the talent hasn't yet matured enough to to be one of the favorites for the title. I personally think we need a major frontcourt player for that to happen, and then the chips have to keep falling right with Irving and Waiters. But I could see such a team getting hot and knocking off a league power in the playoffs as soon as next year. Again, if the chips fall right.

And I think the key to us making an early run and possibly stunning some team next year is Andy. Whatever our backcourt produces, and regardless of whether we managed to add a stud frontcourt guy, Andy is going to have to provide the veteran leadership by example and hustle that let's a talented but inexperienced team rise above themselves for a series.

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

I like listening to the other team's announcers because I'm always looking for a different perspective on what I'm seeing/thinking; but I can understand those who prefer to just have Fred & Austin because otherwise it's kind of like hanging out in enemy territory.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 427 Posts

Inspired by previous posters:

i give you: Gladiator Kyrie

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AuxiliaryPie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Even scarier when you actually check the dates and realize Kyrie doesn't turn 21 till the end of this season, not next month like the article says.