Page 348 of 726 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398448 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 10876

Thread: Kyrie Irving

Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 Times in 747 Posts

Default Re: Kyrie Irving

Stevie Francis huh, someone is having a little fun abusing his power. Too bad the joke wasn't a funny one.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 425 Posts

Like many others, I just fucking want someone to stand up and show anger. Step up, be a leader, we have guys who are considered to be our core now and with Kyrie at the helm it doesn't help when he seems passive like this. Just fucking put someone on the floor.
    Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king. - Tywin Lannister

Resident Microbiologist Dr. Gymbo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,436 Times in 699 Posts

Nonsense like this is why I wish we could ignore have Mods included in the ignore feature.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,423 Times in 2,482 Posts

You guys take sports and the interwebs too seriously.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huber. For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    I'd like to see Kyrie, or anyone, play defense, play tough, and/or at least act like they are sick of losing. I don't think it's asking for that much.
    Wucking right. I couldn't believe how they just folded when prototypical fugazi tough guy Hansbrough pulled that crap last night, then Indiana piled on with that vicious dunk. Really, nobody on this team has any pride? Tristan went at Hansbrough on the next posession, but that was that. Where was Kyrie making people look foolish with his ball handling? Where was Dion bulling his way to a streetball dunk? Where was Samardo throwing his girth around under the basket? That was disappointing to see and it does bring up the question of leadership amd veteran savvy.

I was very disappointed in Kyrie's body language the entire game, including when they showed him having a disagreement with Scott. I don't know if it was fatigue or some off-court issue, but for the most part he looked like he was just sick of this whole crap and wanted no part of it. And that makes me worried on so many levels, i probably don't have to spell it out here...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 876 Posts

Honeslty. I think the mods are a bit bored having to change the names of the threads. Seems like site traffic is not what it once was. Not the site's fault but interest in the team seems to have hit a serious low since the rebuild has started! ( plus less guys on here like eli to babysit) so they are entertaining themsrlves with these thread title chnages
    . I would hate to see the quality continue to go down if the team becomes a prenial lottery dweller, but it is an unfortnaute possibility, as many quality posters may get fed up with the slow rebuild, and stop investing time in this franchise (therefore spending less time on this site)

Team Player
    Thanks

People need to shut the hell up. You thnk the kids gonna give 100 on defense knowing we a tanking this year no. The reason we lost to orlando in the ECF was Lebron not guarding there best player Hedo and that was 5yrs into his career. Melo just now started playing good defense 9yrs into his career. But we gonna complain that kyrie plays no defense on a 5win team in his 2nd year.

How bout being happy we got a bonafide star at an important postion that every great player in the league sings praises about. Or would you rather have John wall or brandon knight?

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,922 Times in 1,289 Posts

All part of the plan...

C-Varejao
    PF-
    SF-
    SG-Waiters
    PG-Irving

6-Gee
    7-Thomspon
    8-Zeller

Cavs are two or three players away from being a playoff team. Two of them just have to be legitimate NBA starters. Find one in the draft, add one or two through FA or trade.

I think Kyrie is smart enough to see/understand that this is the final tank year.
    Last edited by sgm405; 12-22-2012 at 10:52 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgm405 For This Useful Post:

Miracle of Richfield daytripper's Avatar
    Thanks

This year has been torture except for a few silver linings such as the wins over the Clips and Lakers. At least the season is nearly a third over at this point. As a fan sitting thru this crap I really hope the Cavs FO have something big in store during the offseason. Alex Len, Shabazz, and Josh Smith will be available and the Cavs really need to snag 2 of them after the shitfest we have had to sit thru since 2010.

I'll admit to skipping last night's game because I had better things to do than watch this lousy team on a Friday night during the holidays. With that said at least we still have Kyrie. He's not perfect but I would still take him over any other under 23 player in the league.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    People need to shut the hell up. You thnk the kids gonna give 100 on defense knowing we a tanking this year no. The reason we lost to orlando in the ECF was Lebron not guarding there best player Hedo and that was 5yrs into his career. Melo just now started playing good defense 9yrs into his career. But we gonna complain that kyrie plays no defense on a 5win team in his 2nd year.

How bout being happy we got a bonafide star at an important postion that every great player in the league sings praises about. Or would you rather have John wall or brandon knight?
    we aren't tanking, we are just flat out awful because we have a couple of glaring holes on this roster. And I didn't see the game last night because I was out with my family, but the post game writeup had this to say

he drove the lane and badly overthrew the 7-foot Zeller but then showed some outward disappointment toward his teammate
    and

"I'm still trying to find that balance where I'm getting everyone involved," Irving said. "I'm trying to get my bigs shots and my guards shots. I'm still trying to figure it out. It's frustrating, but it's a process."
    Why is it frustrating? He doesn't have a single teammate shooting over .478, the only guard shooting over .400 is the 3rd string PG, Pargo, at a blistering .401. Last night his starters were (season averages)

Zeller .461
    Thompson .458
    Gee .408
    Waiters .361

bench

Jones .300
    Samuels .367
    Miles .384
    Gibson .366

You expect the rookies to struggle a bit, but normally you can compensate with veterans who lead the way. Is CJ Miles really the best we can do? How long do we let our superstar PG get frustrated?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KI4MVP For This Useful Post:

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Kyrie has always been allowed to just do his thing. Hopefully Coach Scott can use this to get Kyrie to realize that's not going to work either, and he has to start running the team and playing the right way. It may not work any better (due to talent) but at least it will help build the foundation the right way.

We don't want Kyrie heading down the Marbury/Francis path. It needs to be corrected.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,349 Times in 2,891 Posts

You ask all these questions, and you preface it by saying "We are not tanking."

Sir, you have been had. This is a fucking M1 Abrams if I ever saw one.
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You ask all these questions, and you preface it by saying "We are not tanking."

Sir, you have been had. This is a fucking M1 Abrams if I ever saw one.
    we as in the players/coaches

Thanks
    Thanked 6,349 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KI4MVP View Post
    we as in the players/coaches
    Ah.

I would hope they are not.
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

Thanks

I would hope we don't spend too much time with a frustrated kyrie irving, the lack of talent around him is hindering his development.