Page 351 of 726 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 10876

Thread: Kyrie Irving

Thanks
    Thanked 1,275 Times in 521 Posts

Default Re: Kyrie Irving

Quote Originally Posted by theshad View Post
    I met Kyrie today, my friend played him in one of those arcade basketball games, and he took some pictures with us. He was pissed he didn't get the high score his first try in the game.

I didn't talk to him much since I didn't want to bother him while he was out with his family, but it was still awesome.
    Seems down-to-Earth unlike some other guy we know, hm?

I pray he becomes more like a Durant type than anything else (someone that wants to win AND doesn't mind the market size).
    (Reserved for future Animated Signature-that-won't-slow-you-down)

Magic Number Thread:
    http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.p...in-May-2011...

The latest updates are noted within the context.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rabman_gold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,307 Times in 2,869 Posts

I haven't met him, but the truth is I don't get the vibe from him that he is any different from the rest of these pro athletes. He will stick with Cleveland for 7 years probably and if we are still fumbling with our dicks at that point he will leave, as he should. He really does not seem any more "down to earth," pro-Cleveland, or humble than one should expect from a 20 year old pro athlete.

Just my thoughts from afar.
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

Thanks
    Thanked 3,974 Times in 1,432 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I haven't met him, but the truth is I don't get the vibe from him that he is any different from the rest of these pro athletes. He will stick with Cleveland for 7 years probably and if we are still fumbling with our dicks at that point he will leave, as he should. He really does not seem any more "down to earth," pro-Cleveland, or humble than one should expect from a 20 year old pro athlete.

This is no attack on you, but merely an observation. From the post you just made, I am feeling like it was driven by the emotional wounds of a fan who was hurt more so than an informed, unbiased opinion from a fair-minded critic. I think you should withhold judgment on that aspect of Kyrie until you've at least met and talked with the dude or spoken with others who have met him and know him personally. Going by what you see in interviews is definitely not the best indicator.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Löttery Göd For This Useful Post:

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,285 Posts

I used to think more along these lines...then I met the kid. He is absolutely different, trust me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sgm405 For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper CavsFaninNJ's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sgm405 View Post
    I used to think more along these lines...then I met the kid. He is absolutely different, trust me.
    What gave you the "blindly loyal just to make the fans and billionaire owner happy" vibe?

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RMsDanielGibson View Post
    This is no attack on you, but merely an observation. From the post you just made, I am feeling like it was driven by the emotional wounds of a fan who was hurt more so than an informed, unbiased opinion from a fair-minded critic. I think you should withhold judgment on that aspect of Kyrie until you've at least met and talked with the dude or spoken with others who have met him and know him personally. Going by what you see in interviews is definitely not the best indicator.
    One of my buddies is a dog trainer and trained Irving's dog. Spent a ton of time with him, gave him a bunch of extra hook ups like toys and dog treats to keep working with it, then he stiffed him for the bill. I'm sure he's a nice guy but he is probably no different than most athletes who feel entitled to things because they are famous.

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

If you don't waste your time raising these guys up on a pedestal, you won't ever have to knock them off it ...

They play basketball for our team. Isn't that enough?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    If you don't waste your time raising these guys up on a pedestal, you won't ever have to knock them off it ...

They play basketball for our team. Isn't that enough?
    A valid point.

With all due respect to those who claim to have met the man, I'm sure you did not spend more than a fleeting moment with him and even if you did, it is irrelevant. Build a winner around the guy, that is our only option. I'm done trying to believe this guy or that guy is "different" or really "gets it." Just keep the guy in Cleveland, that's enough for me.

One of my buddies is a dog trainer and trained Irving's dog. Spent a ton of time with him, gave him a bunch of extra hook ups like toys and dog treats to keep working with it, then he stiffed him for the bill. I'm sure he's a nice guy but he is probably no different than most athletes who feel entitled to things because they are famous.
    rofl.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,072 Times in 2,595 Posts

A valid point.

With all due respect to those who claim to have met the man, I'm sure you did not spend more than a fleeting moment with him and even if you did, it is irrelevant. Build a winner around the guy, that is our only option. I'm done trying to believe this guy or that guy is "different" or really "gets it." Just keep the guy in Cleveland, that's enough for me.

rofl.
    And that really should be the only option. I don't want the kid staying here out of pity. I want him staying here because we built something special.

And before someone calls me hypocritical for saying this after the LeBron situation, we built a winner around him. I'm of the belief that we win it all if he doesn't quit in Boston, so my argument stands.

If we're making deep playoff pushes by the time Irving's contract expires, he will stay. He is definitely different than LeBron in that sense. Blindly staying? What does it matter if we still suck at that point? We'd be in deep shit regardless.

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    And that really should be the only option.
    Nah, there's another option. If he won't extend his contract, we trade him. *shrugs*

All I've ever wanted for a Cleveland sports team was that we didn't lose players because we couldn't afford to pay them and the NBA provides that. If they want to leave for other reasons, that's why there's free-agency.
    Last edited by Jon; 12-24-2012 at 12:09 PM.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CavsFaninNJ View Post
    What gave you the "blindly loyal just to make the fans and billionaire owner happy" vibe?
    When did I say that?

I don't know if Irving will leave...nobody can predict that now.

What I do know is that he has a solid support system, which LeBron does not have. He is mature beyond his years, which LeBron was not. And he's not afraid of taking on the challenge of being "the guy" on a championship-starved team, something LeBron ran away from.

Two things I'm confident in:

1) If he does leave, he will do so in a classy manner.
    2) We have a much better chance of keeping him than we ever did LeBron.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,415 Times in 2,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el_capitan View Post
    Your friend probably failed to train his dog so he wasn't going to pay for that. If someone doesn't train my horse children correctly I don't pay.
    Last edited by Huber.; 12-24-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgm405 View Post
    When did I say that?

I don't know if Irving will leave...nobody can predict that now.

What I do know is that he has a solid support system, which LeBron does not have. He is mature beyond his years, which LeBron was not. And he's not afraid of taking on the challenge of being "the guy" on a championship-starved team, something LeBron ran away from.

Two things I'm confident in:

1) If he does leave, he will do so in a classy manner.
    2) We have a much better chance of keeping him than we ever did LeBron.

I actually met LBJ up at Beachwood mall back in 08. We initially saw him from afar and thought he was leaving the mall through Dillards. We later ran up to the Sony store to see what kind of cool shit they had in there. In the back of the store they have this bench and a bunch of their super high end television sets. I walked into the back and saw this huge guy sprawled out on that bench wearing all white tear-offs and some fresh kicks. Happened to be LBJ so I walked up to him and shook his hand and just said whats up. Didn't want to bother the guy asking for autographs or anything like that. LeBron was really cold though, he shook my hand but didn't really seem to be all there mentally. It was a fleeting encounter. The one thing I do remember from meeting him was that his tattoos looked really well done, much better than what they looked like on TV.

I feel like Irving would be much more down to earth. He's a psych major too, that was my area of study. I definitely feel like Irving would be easier to talk to. I'm hoping I run into this cat someday, I would definitely try to have a conversation with him. My old boss was a strip club connoisseur and he saw Irving at the titty club downtown. He was appalled that Irving was only 20 yet he was drinking like a fish and "making it rain" on them ho's (literally throwing bundles of cash into the air)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    I actually met LBJ up at Beachwood mall back in 08. We initially saw him from afar and thought he was leaving the mall through Dillards. We later ran up to the Sony store to see what kind of cool shit they had in there. In the back of the store they have this bench and a bunch of their super high end television sets. I walked into the back and saw this huge guy sprawled out on that bench wearing all white tear-offs and some fresh kicks. Happened to be LBJ so I walked up to him and shook his hand and just said whats up. Didn't want to bother the guy asking for autographs or anything like that. LeBron was really cold though, he shook my hand but didn't really seem to be all there mentally. It was a fleeting encounter. The one thing I do remember from meeting him was that his tattoos looked really well done, much better than what they looked like on TV.

I feel like Irving would be much more down to earth. He's a psych major too, that was my area of study. I definitely feel like Irving would be easier to talk to. I'm hoping I run into this cat someday, I would definitely try to have a conversation with him. My old boss was a strip club connoisseur and he saw Irving at the titty club downtown. He was appalled that Irving was only 20 yet he was drinking like a fish and "making it rain" on them ho's (literally throwing bundles of cash into the air)

U wot m8? I want to party with Kyrie for real.

Thanks

Damn, I second that.