Page 466 of 726 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476516566 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 10876

Thread: Kyrie Irving

Thanks

Default Re: Kyrie Irving (All-Star)

Kyrie Paul, and.......

Id honestly pencil LBJ as a PG so we can try another youngin out at SF...like Paul George from Indy. I mean LBJ always ends up playing PG anyway, and George could play the FIBA 4 also
    Solider in the US Army. Rappin for my Cavs 1000's of miles away. Greatness will come, be patient

Thanks

It's an Olympic team, so the concept of PG vs. SG doesn't really matter especially when talking about guys like Irving and Westbrook who can play off the ball.

If all four are healthy and interested in playing, Paul, Rose, Westbrook and Irving will all be on the team, along will Harden. Essentially, Irving and Rose would replace Bryant and Deron Williams from the 2012 roster.

Then the roster will likely be filled out with one elite wing defender/glue guy ala Tayshaun Prince (2008) and Andre Iguodola (2012), although that might not be the case in 2016 with a dynamic player like Paul George on the rise and likely to get strong consideration as well.

Guys like Lilliard, Curry and Holiday will join Irving on the World Cup team and be next in line to replace one of the main 5 guards if any of them are injured or unable to play.

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Kobe copying Kyries move on National TV today:
    http://www.nba.com/video/games/maver...-dal-play1.nba

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,143 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfan21 View Post
    I d like to start off that I really dont like Kobe. I enjoy rooting against him. but im surprised youve never seen a Kobe Crossover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=729gx7wrnHY

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Homer Safari For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

I live in LA and have lived here for over 10 years and I also just wasted 3 minutes of my time watching that video where there was not a single crossover similar to the one he put on for Cuban and National TV today inspired by Kyrie Irvings recent rise. "Smooth Ballhandling" has never been Kobe's forte. If you're going to troll, ill give you a comparison to MJ but that wasn't what inspired that.

He also wouldn't be looking down to check his footwork if it was something that he'd been practicing since he was a teenager.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,417 Times in 1,761 Posts

Hey now, it's not like Kyrie invented the crossover. There aren't many similarities to Kyrie's crossover either. Kobe did a standard between the legs crossover, usually Kyrie works in fancier dribbling, etc.

Team Player
    Thanks

Kobe is a very good ballhandler. Not to the level of Kyrie but among 2 guards he is a has a nice crossover. Just doesn't use it much because he operates out the post alot

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 544 Posts

At this point in Kobe's career, copying anything Kyrie can do with a basketball is a credit to Kobe.

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,143 Times in 2,269 Posts

I live in LA and have lived here for over 10 years and I also just wasted 3 minutes of my time watching that video where there was not a single crossover similar to the one he put on for Cuban and National TV today inspired by Kyrie Irvings recent rise. "Smooth Ballhandling" has never been Kobe's forte. If you're going to troll, ill give you a comparison to MJ but that wasn't what inspired that.

He also wouldn't be looking down to check his footwork if it was something that he'd been practicing since he was a teenager.
    Troll? your trying to give irving credit for something that has nothing to do with him. nor does he need. I got ten plus years of video showing Kobe using crossovers in crunch time. my point is Irving gets his own props. they dont need to be manafactured

Reading and reacting Chocomatch Champion Adam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,065 Posts

that reverse through the legs pullup long range two pointer is an iverson classic if it was a low percentage shot he would find a way to make it harder

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,837 Times in 2,745 Posts

Kyrie's knee may very well be bothering him...but let's be clear. He has shrunk against the Heat before. He's merely giving us more of the same.

The Heat are a championship team and are making things difficult for Kyrie, but his body language and overall effort level show that he's being punked tonight. Bitchassness cannot be explained away by a knee tweak or a difficult defensive matchup.

Needs to be tougher. Especially when his rookie backcourt mate is playing balls to the wall basketball with his whole heart out there...despite getting raped by the refs.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 486 Posts

Kyrie has shown a tendency to get caught up in some individual battles against superstar players. Against these great teams that can really bother him defensively, he needs to work on finding ways to devastate them with the pass instead of the shot. Use the defensive attention you are drawing to get great looks for your teammates. That will come with time.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redscoon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

que the shitstorm.

seriously though, obviously not his best game out there. It seems like he get a bit rattled when he sees a tough defensive player or situation in front of him and it messes with his head, even though from a skill stand point he is more than capable to deal with most of them and get something positive out of it. He'll learn these things with time as he gets more consistent and let's not forget that he saw some pretty nasty defense out there tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banksy View Post
    I mean 90% of the posts in here don't even make sense. Banning anyone who's posted within a three page period in here would be like carpet bombing a Wal-Mart.

Yeah, there'd be some collateral damage, but you'd solve a good chunk of the problem.
    Proud Danish Cavs fan and a bigger smile than Andrew Wiggins on draft night. long live the Cleveland Canadians!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to blommen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,251 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    Kyrie's knee may very well be bothering him...but let's be clear. He has shrunk against the Heat before. He's merely giving us more of the same.

The Heat are a championship team and are making things difficult for Kyrie, but his body language and overall effort level show that he's being punked tonight. Bitchassness cannot be explained away by a knee tweak or a difficult defensive matchup.

Needs to be tougher. Especially when his rookie backcourt mate is playing balls to the wall basketball with his whole heart out there...despite getting raped by the refs.
    Kyrie was getting trapped hard, and hedge out every single time. I didn't think he was aggressive enough in the first half at akk, but you can't blame him in the second half. Byron and the staff must have lit into him. I know I would've if I were them.

I saw much better effort on both ends of the floor.

At the end of the game, he only had the best player in the game guarding. Tough night for Kyrie. Growing pains for sure. All I ask is a player to compete, and he did in the second half. Wasn't perfect, but his intensity was up.

His demeanor in the first half was unacceptable though.
    If I sound ignorant, don't blame me. I post on realcavsfans.com

19. The Following User Says Thank You to godfather For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,251 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blommen View Post
    que the shitstorm.

seriously though, obviously not his best game out there. It seems like he get a bit rattled when he sees a tough defensive player or situation in front of him and it messes with his head, even though from a skill stand point he is more than capable to deal with most of them and get something positive out of it. He'll learn these things with time as he gets more consistent and let's not forget that he saw some pretty nasty defense out there tonight.
    LeBron James went through these games. Difference caliber of teams when the Toronto Raports throw the kitchen sink at you defensively, compared to the defending champs. Kyrie should be flattered though that the Heat go out of their way to have such an advanced defensive game plan surrounded around him. I don't think they do that for many players in the league, and it speaks to how dangerous Kyrie is. Even for a team like the Heat.

He'll grow, and learn.
    If I sound ignorant, don't blame me. I post on realcavsfans.com

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to godfather For This Useful Post: