Page 63 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,544 Times in 1,600 Posts

Default Re: Diet and Workout Routines

Quote Originally Posted by Pick6 View Post
    I hear sex helps build strengthen your immune system.
    Well then.... my immune system will always be low. Not a big deal, I have NyQuil and Alka Selzter
    Our economy's built on LeBron James.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 2,821 Posts

its fuckng hot, always, regardless of the weather... I see spots sometimes.. the heat is from the tren, the spots.. Idk. blood pressure? cholesterol? 300g protein, 3500 calories overall today; finally had an appetite, although it was primarily for muffins.

Fighting the good fight! gourimoko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,793 Times in 3,272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_K View Post
    its fuckng hot, always, regardless of the weather... I see spots sometimes.. the heat is from the tren, the spots.. Idk. blood pressure? cholesterol? 300g protein, 3500 calories overall today; finally had an appetite, although it was primarily for muffins.
    The spots are from blood pressure.. You need to start taking some aspirin at high doses, ala ECA but without the EC.. Tren is a short cycle though, so just get through it and you'll be good.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gourimoko For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    I've been battling some sort of sickness. Don't know if it's the flu or not. Today, I decided that I needed to do my outdoor cardio workout, solely because I saw the sun was out. I took my medicine beforehand and felt fine while outdoors. It's about 45 degrees here. Did my usual route that takes about 1.5hrs. Got home and instantly started shivering. I think it's the cold to hot and the fact that I am not well. Drank my protein shake, and now I feel awful.

I probably should have stayed indoors and done some DDPYOGA or just hit my total gym.

I actually love swimming, and wish I was still a member at the gym. Resistance training was amazing. I used to drink a 5 hour energy before I did my laps. Amazing how I wasn't even phased after 2 hours.

Running: Hate it. I can jog, at best. I salute you runners out there. When I did track and feild, I was a long jump/triple jumper. I can only run for short distances.

I think I hit my peak weight at the end of Aug. which is floating around 130-135lbs. I've been somewhat slacking, since then. Just really trying to maintain, at this point.
    When you're sick like that you really should avoid working out.. Just get some rest and take in plenty of fluids. Foods should be high in carbs and fats. It's counter to your goal of slimming down, but it helps your immune system tremendously.

As far as cutting, you sound like a lot of women I know that get stuck in the "I'm trying to maintain, but want to slim or change xyz.." It sounds as though you're active, but not seeing the results you'd like.. Honestly, I'd be willing to bet anything that your diet is fucked, and it has nothing to do with your activity level or workout at all. You're not trying to build muscle, so a calorie burned is a calorie burned. But what you probably are doing is consuming way too many carbs, and probably too much fat.

To get started, I'd recommend a quick ketosis-based diet to shed excess water weight, while losing some fat to get to a nice target (-10 lbs), and then work from there. Limit carb intake on non-workout days to under 20g, limit workouts to 3 days a week, and shift to mild lower body compound weight training combined with some basic intermediate cardio (stationary bike is good).

Just my two cents...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,544 Times in 1,600 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gourimoko View Post
    When you're sick like that you really should avoid working out.. Just get some rest and take in plenty of fluids. Foods should be high in carbs and fats. It's counter to your goal of slimming down, but it helps your immune system tremendously.

As far as cutting, you sound like a lot of women I know that get stuck in the "I'm trying to maintain, but want to slim or change xyz.." It sounds as though you're active, but not seeing the results you'd like.. Honestly, I'd be willing to bet anything that your diet is fucked, and it has nothing to do with your activity level or workout at all. You're not trying to build muscle, so a calorie burned is a calorie burned. But what you probably are doing is consuming way too many carbs, and probably too much fat.

To get started, I'd recommend a quick ketosis-based diet to shed excess water weight, while losing some fat to get to a nice target (-10 lbs), and then work from there. Limit carb intake on non-workout days to under 20g, limit workouts to 3 days a week, and shift to mild lower body compound weight training combined with some basic intermediate cardio (stationary bike is good).

Just my two cents...
    I don't do "diets". There are times when I eat grilled chicken and a plate full of vegetables. I drink obscene amounts of water. I do protein shakes, after my workouts. I just need to maintain my 3 days a week workouts. I love carbs. Got a sweet tooth like a mo fo. I eat it all in moderation.

My workouts: Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 - Jillian's Yoga Meltdown - Bob Harper's Kettlebell Shred - My Total Gym - DDPYOGA - And when it's nice out, outdoor cardio for 1.5hrs. ~ I know where my faults are, and it's not being consistent with my workouts. I'm pretty small, considering what my starting point was.
    Our economy's built on LeBron James.

Thanks

All the workouts in the world mean shit without a sustained and realistic diet. No way a person can consistently work off routinely poor food choices... its just too many calories.

Thanks

holy shit, im up 6 lbs since the 14th and my waist is only up a half inch. This really is incredible stuff.. Every night I feel like I've gotten fat as fuck because im eating a lot and every morning the bloat goes away.. swear to god my abs are more defined than when I started. And im up 6 mfing pounds in 2 weeks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to David. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,612 Times in 2,549 Posts

A super fat dude in my neighborhood lost a shit ton of weight using a weight vest. I think it's one that holds like 80 pounds of weights and all he does is walk.

I pretty interested in this as it seems like my speed as all I'd have to do is walk and it would strengthen my knees as well. I'm down with walking my dog as a workout

I've started eating a little better here and there, but I need to start doing some sort of workout soon. I drink way too many beers, and eat way too much red meat and fried foods.

Any thoughts on the weight vest?
    I got a lion in my pocket,
    And baby he's ready 2 roar.

Thanks

If your diet is still shit, the weight vest will have a minimal effect.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Funny Man Rocco For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,612 Times in 2,549 Posts

Anything I should drink besides beer? I thought about tonics, but it looks like they have around them same calorie count. Just kills me three days a week I'm getting around 1500 empty calories
    I got a lion in my pocket,
    And baby he's ready 2 roar.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Vein For This Useful Post:

Thanks

makers mark

Thanks
    Thanked 8,759 Times in 3,475 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleDouble View Post
    Anything I should drink besides beer? I thought about tonics, but it looks like they have around them same calorie count. Just kills me three days a week I'm getting around 1500 empty calories
    In general what Dave says is true. Low carb liqour is better for you (calorically ) if you're looking to diet but have to drink.
    Ass pennies

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Yanni Football For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thats why I took xanax for 4 years, its boozing without calories.

Did cardio for the first time since starting my cycle.. Heart wasnt exactly pounding in my chest, but it was still noticeably active... The real pain in the ass was muh legs after running for 45 minutes.. These chicken legs have a lot of weight to hold up and apparently tren is a bitch and a half on muscles during cardio.. almost couldnt walk down the stairs.

I've put on some size already without a doubt... Im giong to be in cleveland in a few weeks and cant decide if I want to cut 5 lbs or so or continue to bulk.. Im leaning towards the recomp thing. I've got some ok size now and although by the time I take my shirt off its too late, were going to have sex, i'd feel a lot more comfortable being fellated without a gut. And if nothing else, its good for learning experience; I know what tren does on a cal surplus, itd be good to see if I can actually do a recomp.

My diet was perfect all day until night.. Took a nap and woke up feeling like death so I got 2 ice cream cones from mcdonalds.. then a double quarter pounder with cheese.. then a double down at kfc. Thats a good 1500 cal in maybe 4 hours. Thank god I ate well the rest of the day and that I ran.. ended up around maintenance.

Thanks

cardio fucking sucks. good god is it boring. almost couldnt do it tonight. Burned off 550 running, 300 lifting.. Ate 2700 calories , 300g protein. Not many carbs, and Im really feeling that throughout the day. Trying tofu tomorrow to hopefully replace a meal with a good protein to calorie ratio and with less sodium and cholesterol. Greek yogurt is fucking fantastic. I had 4 today; 14 protein, 140 cal.

Still looking for more meals.. I enjoy all of them except for choking down a bag of tuna and the half container of fat free cottage cheese, but I just deal with it. Considering going with chicken breast, but that shit is disgusting and boring.. Gotta be a way to dress it up.

Lifts are way the fuck up. Just about out of dumb bells to bench. Starting to feel supermany
    Last edited by David.; 12-05-2012 at 03:42 AM.

Thanks

best food ever: greek yogurt with 1 scoop protein powder. Good god almighty is this a tasty treat.

Down to 196.. Waist is now back at 33 inches. So Im up 5 lbs and none of it is fat... Going to start carb backloading/cycling, very nice!
    Things Dave K was right about:

Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK

And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else