Page 66 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,060 Posts

Default Re: Diet and Workout Routines

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_K View Post
    Fuck legs
    I agree. My personaly frame is massive legs wise, and no amount of upper body workouts are going to make my legs look small. Don't know if you're the same way, but fuck legs.

Edit: I've been able to leg press 1000+ since I was 16, so i'm not too worried about my legs strength wise either.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,098 Times in 1,474 Posts

indian,

sometimes you do have to say fuck it and indulge yourself with your cravings. yesterday i did just that - i ate an entire medium pepperoni pizza myself. it was followed by 1/4 pint strawberry ice cream topped with balsamic vinegar and absolutely delicious.

but, you should also adjust your other calories that day to help account for the spike in calories. the rest of yesterday i had an omelette, protein shake, 4oz salmon, and a frozen bag of veggies. today i will also eat more lower-cal stuff and end with a deficit. it won't negate it completely, but the point is to find some sort of balance.

what is very important is not indulging in everything. make it worth it when you do. that does not mean raiding the candy aisle next time you're at the store, or randomly hitting a McD's a few times a week. generally, i reserve it for when i am out eating/drinking at great restaurants with friends. the additional calories count, so they have to be worth it.

cheating can and should be included in a diet, but as with everything else....only in moderation.
    Last edited by Triumph36; 12-13-2012 at 07:40 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Triumph36 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
    indian,

sometimes you do have to say fuck it and indulge yourself with your cravings. yesterday i did just that - i ate an entire medium pepperoni pizza myself. it was followed by 1/4 pint strawberry ice cream topped with balsamic vinegar and absolutely delicious.

but, you should also adjust your other calories that day to help account for the spike in calories. the rest of yesterday i had an omelette, protein shake, 4oz salmon, and a frozen bag of veggies. today i will also eat more lower-cal stuff and end with a deficit. it won't negate it completely, but the point is to find some sort of balance.

what is very important is not indulging in everything. make it worth it when you do. that does not mean raiding the candy aisle next time you're at the store, or randomly hitting a McD's a few times a week. generally, i reserve it for when i am out eating/drinking at great restaurants with friends. the additional calories count, so they have to be worth it.

cheating can and should be included in a diet, but as with everything else....only in moderation.
    Glad to see others also feel the craving. I thought i was weak willed at not even being able to control the craving albeit I have been giving in to temptation too easily. Maybe I need to man up some more.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,826 Times in 2,829 Posts

Another great food for craving is McDonalds ice cream 150 Cal) and better yet frozen yogurt which is20 Cal per ounce.ten ounces is a lot of fucking ice cream

I need to get off this shit. Six Weeks left and i'm making great progress so i'm not going to quit early.but I cannot explain how enraged I Getty at the smallest things and if I do get irritated,I go nuts.

Sucks cuz the other half of the time io couldn't be more confident/charming.

I'm joining an mma gym, I think it'd be good for me.o can actually fight people I can't get arrested for fighting and get in even better shape.plus those mother Fockers are interesting dudes.
    Things Dave K was right about:

Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK

And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

Thanks

Thought I was going to nail a Jerk PR of 315# today at work....so damn close. Weightlifting shoes on carpet probably aren't an ideal environment for weightlifting, either; not to mention I was using all iron plates (instead of rubber bumper plates for dropping). Fuckfuckfuck.

BTW Squats>Leg Presses

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 663 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCunleaded View Post
    Thought I was going to nail a Jerk PR of 315# today at work....so damn close. Weightlifting shoes on carpet probably aren't an ideal environment for weightlifting, either; not to mention I was using all iron plates (instead of rubber bumper plates for dropping). Fuckfuckfuck.

BTW Squats>Leg Presses
    One of my buddies got some serious hemroids from leg press.

Thanks

If youre trying to replace fat wth muscles....id just lift and run. Im trying to put on muscle right now so all im doing is lifting. Im in the army so im forced to do cardio as well. Im only like 5' 6' but im one of those lil buff guys. My body is really good about putting on and showing muscle. Also I just now started even ATTEMPTING to diet. I think I maybe a case where my metabolism is just too productive so I cant really tell you to do what I do, but runnning will help you.

Thanks

I also heard dont use machines for wieghtlifting. Somehow they dont make you use all of your muscle

Thanks

machines inhibit growth of tendons and stabilizing muscles. I still use them for some things but am generally getting off them.

As far as replacing fat with muscle, its impossible unless your using anabolics and even then its a very difficult process. I'd commit to doing one or the other and keeping diet strong in either case. You wont see as dramatic results as if you were at say a 1500 a day cal deficit or if you were eating 1500 over, but youre going to hold on to muscle and youre going to not gain unnecessary fat.

Something to look into is carb cycling... On workout days, stay above maintenance by say 500 cal and on off days cut out 250g of carbs (if you can, and you can) and you may be able to pull off a recomp.

This is going off the science that youre basically alternative days between cutting and bulking rather than doing one for 3 months and subsequently the other for the next 3. Just be careful youre not spinning your wheels, measure your waist religiously and always be on the scale. Also, get some calipers so you know exactly what sort of weight youre gaining or losing.

Btw, I cant fucking lift because my sternum or ribs are bruised, and I cant run because the gash on my leg is growing larger and larger so Im sitting here dying of the inability to work off some aggression. Got a free month at an mma gym and Im fucking psyched. Looks like they dont have shit for weight training, so Ill keep my membership open at SDSU gym (amazing facility, ps3, way too many machines to be filled up all the time, basketball court, rec leagues etc for 20 a month)

Thanks

chest (or back) still fucked up, another non lifting day. Ready to go H.A.M. when Im better. Cals still low as fuck. Im starting to get a little worried I may be losing lbm, but I dont think its possible. Quad made me feel bad about the size of my chest, but I'm sure thats not the first time he's heard that.

Overall, I'm the same weight as when I started but my waist is down at least an inch. So thats 8 lbs progress in 4 weeks. I will take that 100% of the time.
    Last edited by David.; 12-17-2012 at 05:54 AM.

Thanks

Fro Yo ... thanks for the recommendation. Finally something to feast on without feeling bad.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to brownindian For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Dude I get that shit everyday. Its insane how perfect a food it is.. THey just need a drive thru option. Filling as hell and tastes amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by brownindian View Post
    Fro Yo ... thanks for the recommendation. Finally something to feast on without feeling bad.
    I also really recommend spinach (cant believe its not butter light) which will fill you up for hours with about 150 net cal, miso soup, 35 cal 3 grams protein, salad (baby tomato and catalina fat free)

What are some meals everyone else is eating? Gonna try to make protein pudding next.

Back is fucked. Couldnt even do triceps today. Sick of taking time off. Speed bags are so much fun... Second time using one, got the rythm down pretty well and increasing speed. Cant wait to start mma.

Just found a new amazing food.. Sweet baby jesus, put in 1 OR 2 tbsp (prefernece) of peanut butter into a bowl... 1 scoop protein powder... a little skim milk.. This is reeses soup. Comes out to 400 calories and 41 grams of protein if using 2 tbsp, or 300 calories 37 grams of protein if using one. And its peanut butter, so its filling.
    Last edited by David.; 12-18-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Thanks

been a long time since i've been this cut.. I know its fat, but I miss some of my size.. Ive been at like.. 1200 cal deficit for a week.. Going back up to around maintenance and hitting the speed bag for an hour to create a deficit. My protein is high as fuck so I should still be able to gain muscle this way. Recomp time again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kizzle View Post
    I also heard dont use machines for wieghtlifting. Somehow they dont make you use all of your muscle
    This is true, and they also inhibit what is called the afterburn effect. Basically what this means is a raised metabolism after you are finished working out, which will obviously help you burn more calories. The afterburn is achieved by compound exercises such as bench press, squats, deadlifts, etc. Basically any exercise that uses multiple muscles will burn more calories long term.

Along with what Dave said, and also depending on the machine it also limits range of motion in my experience. Basically machines aren't the way to go imo, but to each their own as doing something is better than doing nothing.