Page 80 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2352
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,756 Times in 3,473 Posts

Default Re: Diet and Workout Routines

Quote Originally Posted by Dave K View Post
    Are you weighing yourself at the same times? significant change in diet? If its 10 lbs in a couple weeks, thats a lot.. like 5 or so of fat is understandable, the rest is (hopefully) water or possibly muscle if youre swimming like a fucking fish
    Haven't been weighing myself at the same time but that's because I don't have a scale. I've been using the one in the locker room when I go swim but I have an odd schedule so I'm usually there at different times. Only major diet change is I kicked pop.
    Ass pennies

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Shakalou View Post
    Haven't been weighing myself at the same time but that's because I don't have a scale. I've been using the one in the locker room when I go swim but I have an odd schedule so I'm usually there at different times. Only major diet change is I kicked pop.

That's huge. Tons and tons of sugar in pop= mass refined sugar carbs(Dave will probably disagree, but these are not the same as, say, carbs from whole grain or fruit). Simple starches and sugars throw off insulin production, causing fluctuations in blood glucose levels. Most foods that contain bad carbohydrates provide empty calories with little or no nutritional value. As a result, the body stores these extra calories in the cells as fat.

Honestly, that explains a lot. Your body is cleansing itself. Your rapid loss is about to level off pretty quickly, though, I would think.

3 ball... got it!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 678 Posts

4 eggs scrambled with no added fat, two turkey sausage patties so far today. I count around 700-800 calories, and nearly 40 grams of protein. They have lactose free milk, if its even milk, and I had one glass. Probably at around 900 calories. Good bad? Affording myself a snack, and one more big meal

Thanks

Some lifeguard I've never seen before scolded me today. They didn't have lanes set up so it was a "circle swim." Basically you go after the person in front of you is more than halfway across the pool. Well I'm a 24 year old kid in decent shape now, I swim fast. This guy in front of me was back floating across the pool. I'm trying to swim laps hard so I pass him and get yelled at. I gave him 3/4 lengths of the pool as a head start. It's not like I'm being a dick about it.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

Any of you ever mess around with paleo-eating and/or intermittent fasting? Really looking to get into this. Always have worked out; I have a really good workout that I go 5 weeks on, 5 weeks off, but my diet has always been complete shit.

http://www.leangains.com/
    http://breakingmuscle.com/nutrition/...alorie-cycling

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJTJ View Post
    4 eggs scrambled with no added fat, two turkey sausage patties so far today. I count around 700-800 calories, and nearly 40 grams of protein. They have lactose free milk, if its even milk, and I had one glass. Probably at around 900 calories. Good bad? Affording myself a snack, and one more big meal
    If you're lactose intolerant try Lactaid. Seriously, the stuff works. I had an allergy to Whey that really sucked for a while. I outgrew it and now I'm just lactose intolerant. I don't have it too bad, basically I can have any dairy product and the only side effect will be gas. The only one that makes me sick is straight milk. If I pop a Lactaid beforehand though it's fine. You might want to give it a try, makes life easier.
    Ass pennies

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 2,821 Posts

Perplexed.. against all common sense, scale says im down a few lbs this week and Ive eaten an excess of calories (almost twice what I was eating) in a healthy fashion and also working out 1/2 as hard as normal.. Dunno, dont like
    Things Dave K was right about:

Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK

And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

Thanks
    Thanked 3,544 Times in 1,600 Posts

I decided to switch up and do a kettle-bell workout, today. I can't remember the last time I've done one. I have a 15lbs one, and did a 30minute workout. Arms and shoulders are on fire. Couldn't think of a better workout to perform on my born day.

Thanks

^^Happy Birthday^^

Plyo day for me

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 2,821 Posts

Happy Birthday Nickelmac..

So I have 2 vials tren ace and 1 vial test prop form a source whose product turned questionable during the batch he made that I ordered from.. I dont know if its bunk or just underdosed, but I started pinning again yesterday. Elevated aggression at a basketball game tonight so it may be working.. Also feel a bit of p.i.p... This means I get to move my caloric intake up to 3900, fuckya! Gonna be a short cycle, 6 weeks I think. Ive been cutting since mid october, itll feel good to put some size on quickly (all lbm)
    Things Dave K was right about:

Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK

And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

Thanks

Anyone ever take cinnamon pills?? I hear they are good for weight loss, was thinking about trying them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.G View Post
    Anyone ever take cinnamon pills?? I hear they are good for weight loss, was thinking about trying them.
    No offense, but fuck pills and fad bullshit to lose weight. If you want to lose weight expect to sweat because you're busting your ass. Work for that shit. Feel the pride that comes along with grueling workouts.

Want something.

Conquer it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Giambiwannabe7 For This Useful Post:

True Hometown Hero 11 trumps 33's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad to see this thread's still going. I've utilized a lot of info from it in my own weight loss goals. But I've hit that wall so I wanted some suggestions.

I've been losing weight gradually since June 2011. I was 5'10" 230 then and got down to 190 before going back up to 200 around New Years. Since then I've really given it my all trying to get down to like 165, at which point I'm gonna focus on adding muscle (I've tried HARD to do lose fat/add muscle simultaneously in the past, to no avail). With the following routine I got down to 177:

Diet
    -Breakfast: Cheerios or Shredded Wheat with Blueberries
    -Lunch: Salad, cottage cheese, and some kind of shaved lean meat (my biggest meal)
    -Dinner: Turkey and cheese sandwich on wheat, grapes
    -If I get a snack, its usually beef jerky or grapes
    -As a college student, cut my drinking down to once or twice a week
    -One Cheat meal, not day, a week. Usually a drunk burrito or something

Exercise:
    -My sister signed me up for the Cleveland Half marathon as a Christmas gift cause running was kind of a hobby of mine. So I've been following a 12 week plan that incorporates a lot of distance running of course, but also two days a week of lifting and one of cross training. Go to gym every single day.

So seven weeks in I was down to 175, 25 lbs lost, looking a lot better, I was FEELIN IT. So I've kept the same routine but in the last two weeks I've actually gained 2lbs. I told myself if I ever stalled out "hey just stick to the plan, ever seen a fat guy run a half-marathon?"

But I thought I'd ask for some suggestions too. If I should eat more, how do I go about doing that? Should I sacrifice the drinking? Should I exercise harder? Stand pat? I'm open to whatever... well maybe not the drinking

Thanks

I just finished a spontaneous yoga session (Jillian Michaels). I don't know where my mind was: I have work in the morning and my legs haven't even recovered from the Kettlebell workout, from yesterday. I'm always full of energy, after yoga. So looks like tomorrow is going to suck, for me.

I love the pain I feel, from workouts. I tried pills before, but found that putting in the time to do the workouts is something I take pride in. It's like paying for something that you really want (a car, house, etc.) There's no better feeling when the abs start to define, or those definitions show, in your arms. I'll be sore again, tomorrow, and I'll love it.
    Our economy's built on LeBron James.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 11 trumps 33 View Post
    Glad to see this thread's still going. I've utilized a lot of info from it in my own weight loss goals. But I've hit that wall so I wanted some suggestions.

I've been losing weight gradually since June 2011. I was 5'10" 230 then and got down to 190 before going back up to 200 around New Years. Since then I've really given it my all trying to get down to like 165, at which point I'm gonna focus on adding muscle (I've tried HARD to do lose fat/add muscle simultaneously in the past, to no avail). With the following routine I got down to 177:

Diet
    -Breakfast: Cheerios or Shredded Wheat with Blueberries
    -Lunch: Salad, cottage cheese, and some kind of shaved lean meat (my biggest meal)
    -Dinner: Turkey and cheese sandwich on wheat, grapes
    -If I get a snack, its usually beef jerky or grapes
    -As a college student, cut my drinking down to once or twice a week
    -One Cheat meal, not day, a week. Usually a drunk burrito or something

Exercise:
    -My sister signed me up for the Cleveland Half marathon as a Christmas gift cause running was kind of a hobby of mine. So I've been following a 12 week plan that incorporates a lot of distance running of course, but also two days a week of lifting and one of cross training. Go to gym every single day.

So seven weeks in I was down to 175, 25 lbs lost, looking a lot better, I was FEELIN IT. So I've kept the same routine but in the last two weeks I've actually gained 2lbs. I told myself if I ever stalled out "hey just stick to the plan, ever seen a fat guy run a half-marathon?"

But I thought I'd ask for some suggestions too. If I should eat more, how do I go about doing that? Should I sacrifice the drinking? Should I exercise harder? Stand pat? I'm open to whatever... well maybe not the drinking
    I'd say try a Kettlebell workout. It shocks your body. If you're not used to weights, it's a good change up, to a routine. Most people hit a wall, when it comes to weight loss, & it's mainly because they are doing the same routines. You have to switch it up. Muscle confusion is key to weight loss.
    Our economy's built on LeBron James.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky For This Useful Post: