Page 66 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,881 Times in 1,473 Posts

Default Re: Anderson Varejao

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    He's an all-star lock at this point especially considering Howard left the East.
    Not necessarily. There is no 'center' on the ballot anymore. Just three forwards.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cafemerald For This Useful Post:

Snitches get stitches Hydroponic3385's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cafemerald View Post
    Not necessarily. There is no 'center' on the ballot anymore. Just three forwards.
    That doesn't really have anything to do with him making the team or not. I don't think Andy ever had a shot at starting.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hydroponic3385 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Cannot trade him. He just learned to shoot the J, he can keep going for at least two more years. If the jumper stays consistent, he could keep doing it for four or five.
    "Beautiful day in Cavs land. The final piece to the puzzle has arrived. They still wouldn't want to give us love. Don't worry, we gone takeit" -Mo Williams

Thanks
    Thanked 6,305 Times in 2,868 Posts

Gonna be a hell of a trade deadline if Varejao is healthy and still beasting.

You gotta imagine somebody will pony up a nice offer for him.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Boss of all Bosses Goldin Brown's Avatar
    Thanks

Officially absolutely untradeable in my eyes. The only player's I would trade him for at this point are guys who are untouchable. He's perfect here, needs to retire a Cavalier.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goldin Brown For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,944 Times in 1,757 Posts

His ability to suddenly drain jumpers has extended his career peak by at least 2 to 3 years and could be a ground breaking new wrinkle to the Cavs offense. No way you trade him now.

Rising out of the ashes

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amherstcavsfan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,881 Times in 1,473 Posts

Who else is willing to admit they didn't want to sign Andy to the MLE and wanted the naked mole rat instead?

God I was an idiot. Thank God Ferry wasn't.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,810 Times in 924 Posts

Most have come around to the notion of how important Andy is to the current squad and the habit development of all the young guys.
    Most(including myself) now understand that it would be a waste to trade Andy for something like a non top 10 draft pick, as many advocated at the trade deadline and draft this year.
    But never say never. Andy is 30 years old and has had some injury issues. I would not seek out a trade, but if there comes a team that gets desperate and offers a premium of assets, it must be considered. Unlikely to happen, but I would not view him as untradeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldin Brown View Post
    Officially absolutely untradeable in my eyes. The only player's I would trade him for at this point are guys who are untouchable. He's perfect here, needs to retire a Cavalier.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 1,648 Posts

No trading him at this point unless we get an all star in return or an unprotected top 5 pick.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,025 Posts

As much as I love Andy (and he'll probably go down as one of my 5 favorite players of all time when he retires), we owe it to Kyrie and Dion to pair them with a dominant big who will grow with them. Love Andy, but we want a guy who will begin to peak in 5 years when Kyrie and Dion do, not one peaking right now.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Great, but trading Andy for a mid 1st round pick doesn't yield us a dominant big who will peak with Dion and Kyrie.

At this point Andy is a difference maker. For this team or ANY team he would play for. Therefore you value him as such. And unless you get an absolute bombshell of an offer, you don't move him just for the sake of youth or the long term. And there are very few contending teams that would have what we would consider a bombshell offer for Andy and be willing to part with it.

Quote Originally Posted by howler1313 View Post
    As much as I love Andy (and he'll probably go down as one of my 5 favorite players of all time when he retires), we owe it to Kyrie and Dion to pair them with a dominant big who will grow with them. Love Andy, but we want a guy who will begin to peak in 5 years when Kyrie and Dion do, not one peaking right now.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MirORich For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MirORich View Post
    Great, but trading Andy for a mid 1st round pick doesn't yield us a dominant big who will peak with Dion and Kyrie.

At this point Andy is a difference maker. For this team or ANY team he would play for. Therefore you value him as such. And unless you get an absolute bombshell of an offer, you don't move him just for the sake of youth or the long term. And there are very few contending teams that would have what we would consider a bombshell offer for Andy and be willing to part with it.
    I agree, don't just trade him for peanuts. The obvious trade that should happen is to OKC for the Raptors pick and one other young player/pick. He'd easily be their best big, we would drop in the standings, and we'd get a ton of additional ammo for the 2013 draft.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by howler1313 View Post
    if your gonna talk about him at least call JAMES MICHEAL MCADOO by name. And the only way we are getting him is by trading and with the way he is playing okc first call better start with pj3, torontos and there pick.

Mcadoo and adnois thomas

Rookie
    Thanks

Unless we get a ridiculous haul, I do not trade him. This team could be a contender very, very soon, and while Andy is still at this level. I don't think we'll get equal value for him, and a lotto pick in next year's weak draft doesn't get it. I'll take 35 year-old Andy over anyone not named Anthony Davis in the last two drafts, and probably the next one.

I'm not believing my eyes- the guy has a serious jumper now. Give them an average-good bench and a league-average PF who knows what he's doing, and we are in the playoffs.

Thanks

There's no need to trade Andy provided we can get our other needs via current draft assets and/or free agency.

For example:

-Keep Andy, sign Josh Smith outright at whatever it takes in the offseason
    -Keep Andy, execute sign and trade, Josh Smith for Tristan and the 2013 heat draft pick
    -Keep Andy, sign Al Jefferson to a 2-3 year deal. Over bid on any other team, but make him concede on only 2-3 years. Signing him at 2-3 years will not cost us any of our future draft assets and will not prevent us in any way from eventual extensions to Kyrie, Dion and Zeller/TT if they merit it.

With Jefferson, we'd have one of the bost low post offense guys paired with Andy kitchen sink approach + Zeller and Tristan off the bench. Might be the best 4 man big rotation in the league for 2-3 years.

With Smith, you have a guy who can D up, block shots, fly up and down the court w Kyrie, Dion, Andy, and Gee + Zeller and possibly still Tristan off the bench.
    With Jo