Page 85 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2428
    Team Player
    Thanks

Default Re: Anderson Varejao

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Welp, I hate to say it, but the Cavs have dug themselves a hole now.

1: They will either need to trade Andy and his favorable contract, or
    2: With this current play he is going to demand a higher contract and we will have to sign him and take up cap space with him.

The time is now for our management to make that decision.
    His contract is not expiring, we don't have to make this decision now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 503 Posts

2: With this current play he is going to demand a higher contract and we will have to sign him and take up cap space with him.

What makes you so sure he's gonna re-sign here? Oh, and he'll be on 33 years old by then. Good luck with scenario 2.

Scenario 3, in accordance with the "AV > Wilt Chamberlain" lunatic RCF faction, the Cavs stick to their guns, demanding an all-star and multiple lottery picks, Grant sets a Guiness world record for most 90 sec phone calls in a single year, Andy signs with a contender in 2015, and the Cavs get nothing to boot.

You're dead right about one thing. "The time is now for our management to make that decision."

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jlegg21 View Post
    What makes you so sure he's gonna re-sign here? Oh, and he'll be on 33 years old by then. Good luck with scenario 2.

Scenario 3, in accordance with the "AV > Wilt Chamberlain" lunatic RCF faction, the Cavs stick to their guns, demanding an all-star and multiple lottery picks, Grant sets a Guiness world record for most 90 sec phone calls in a single year, Andy signs with a contender in 2015, and the Cavs get nothing to boot.

You're dead right about one thing. "The time is now for our management to make that decision."
    I'd rather have him leave for nothing in 2015 than trade him for nothing right now. At least I have him on my team on a cheap contract for 2 years.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adanchristian View Post
    I'd rather have him leave for nothing in 2015 than trade him for nothing right now. At least I have him on my team on a cheap contract for 2 years.
    Yeah, I've read enough of your posts to know you're cool with a 30 win ceiling and being stuck in the lottery every year. Hooray, big picture.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jlegg21 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Easy choice; sign him.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 271 Posts

Entering tonight's game, Andy has the 4th most rebounds through a player's first thirteen games over the last 10 seasons. After grabbing 18 tonight, I'd imagine he would move up that list through fourteen games

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/blog/_/na...row-percentage

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boom Outta Here For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

Yeah, I've read enough of your posts to know you're cool with a 30 win ceiling and being stuck in the lottery every year. Hooray, big picture.
    Wow, you completely undestand me. I am cool with that. I want my team to win no more than 30 wins per season.

Because if we don't trade Varej„o now that is going to happen, right? We're gonna be stuck with 30 wins per season. The only thing that can stop us for being a 30 win ceiling team is trading Varej„o right now for a very late first round pick from a contender.

Thank god we have visionaries like you that can see the "Big picture" and explain it to us!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to adanchristian For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

Since jlegg21 is not good at understanding what I say, I will state it once again: do not trade Varej„o just for the sake of trading him.

If the offer isn't great, just keep the fan-favorite, talented player with a cheap contract on your roster.
    If someone offers an unprotected, top 5 lottery pick, than you can trade him without regrets.

That's not a hard concept to understand. It's not rocket science.

We should be fighting for a playoff spot at most next year, when Anderson should still be playing well. If he's not than you can just let him go. We have a team option on the last year of the contract.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adanchristian View Post
    Wow, you completely undestand me. I am cool with that. I want my team to win no more than 30 wins per season.

Because if we don't trade Varej„o now that is going to happen, right? We're gonna be stuck with 30 wins per season. The only thing that can stop us for being a 30 win ceiling team is trading Varej„o right now for a very late first round pick from a contender.

Thank god we have visionaries like you that can see the "Big picture" and explain it to us!
    Andy or no Andy, this team blows. Fact.

Please explain to me what you see in this team that makes them a contender in the next year or two? Plot out some examples of how we're gonna make that leap from high lottery to the playoffs while Andy is still in beast mode? Cuz make no mistake, you've got two more years tops and that's it.

It doesnt take a visionary to see what's coming. By February, prolly 90% of this board will be calling for a Varejao trade, and they should be. He's a very good veteran player, playing the best ball of his life, on a freaking abysmal young team. That's a prime trade candidate, and I'm willing to bet we would get a pretty good haul for him this year. Next year? You might be right about a late 1st.

Bottom line, if Grant doesnt find the right deal for him this year? Bad news man, and a big missed opportunity.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 403 Posts

Following the loss to Phoenix on Tuesday, Byron Scott said
    "I'll make just a real quick statement -- Andy Varejao was fantastic. Everybody else stunk tonight. Anything else you need to know?"
    (Isn't this true basically every game? )

More high praise for Varejao from Byron:
    "To me right now he's the best center in the NBA. By far the best in the Eastern Conference. Coaches and players are starting to recognize how well he's playing."
    Some from Alvin Gentry too:
    "The way Anderson is rebounding the ball right now, the only comparison you can make is to Dennis Rodman."
    Last edited by STAT; 11-28-2012 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Formatting

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to STAT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,584 Times in 1,424 Posts

There's an example from just 3-4 years ago. This team full of young players started out(with no injuries like we have now) 3-29. Regardless of what we think of the main stars on that team now, when they were 3-29 they looked just as awful as we do now. Very next year, the young guys grow, the trade one of the young guys for a vet defensive big guy, they draft another top 5 player, and voila 50-32, OKC Thunder

No reason we can't add another top 5 pick, sign a meaningful free agent and fill out the bench and begi being a winner next year. With Andy.

Of course, that's not the only way. If he continues to beast and some team, hopefully even OKC, wants to offer up some major high reward assets, than go for it.

Please explain to me what you see in this team that makes them a contender in the next year or two? Plot out some examples of how we're gonna make that leap from high lottery to the playoffs while Andy is still in beast mode? Cuz make no mistake, you've got two more years tops and that's it.

Thanks

If we move Andy it better be for a guy that the fanbase will immeaditaly love and the guy better PRODUCE. If we move Andy for some BS 17th pick or somethig out of the top 5 its gonna be hell in CavsNation

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kizzle View Post
    If we move Andy it better be for a guy that the fanbase will immeaditaly love and the guy better PRODUCE. If we move Andy for some BS 17th pick or somethig out of the top 5 its gonna be hell in CavsNation
    Im confident Grant knows how much Andy means to us, i mean everyone in here is acting like this guy is a clown he has a plan and so far it looks good. I think he will only trade him for the okc trade or a shocker player at deadline like a holford or something like that or he will straight keep him.
    If we keep we should really target shabazz and if we dont land the 1st pick we should look for trades to get it cause we will be in the top 5 most likely top3

Thanks

Trading Andy right now will just add another notch to the Cleveland Curse. Just imagine: we trade him and he continues to dominate like this for the next 5-7 years (yes I think he will be the Steve Nash of centers) and wins multiple championships. Meanwhile we have the best back court in the NBA and make the playoffs year after year but just can't be a real contender because we can't acquire a top notch front court player. That could very well happen if you trade Andy.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Baseline Runner For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

Andy or no Andy, this team blows. Fact.

It doesnt take a visionary to see what's coming. By February, prolly 90% of this board will be calling for a Varejao trade, and they should be. He's a very good veteran player, playing the best ball of his life, on a freaking abysmal young team. That's a prime trade candidate, and I'm willing to bet we would get a pretty good haul for him this year. Next year? You might be right about a late 1st.

Bottom line, if Grant doesnt find the right deal for him this year? Bad news man, and a big missed opportunity.
    What can make this team a contender in 2 years?
    Drafting well in 2013; signing some good free-agents to build a decent bench; developing our young players (specially our bigs).
    And before contending we still need to give Kyrie and company some playoff runs, a reasonable goal for next year with a healthy Varej„o.

The problem in getting a good trade for Andy is that only contenders, or borderline contenders, should have any interest in him. And these teams usually don't have what we want in a trade.

Again, unless it is an incredibly good trade, don't get rid of Kyrie's pick n' roll pal.