Page 92 of 162 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2428
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 Times in 1,422 Posts

Default Re: Anderson Varejao

San Antonio: They have possibly this one year or may be this year or next to still get one more ring. Kawhi Leonard is a big part of what they do but when Duncan and Ginobli are gone, he's not going to be a #1 or #2 guy. Is there even a small chance SAS would consider Kawhi for Andy and Miles/Casspi and 2nd round pick?

OKC: It's been discussed ad nauseaum already, but if OKC wants him badly and the Cavs decide to listen to offers, they are the contender with most obvious package to build an Andy trade around.

Houston: Morey is an advanced stats guy. Andy is his type of player. They have a glut of young PF's(Patterson, Morris, Terrence Jones) One of those guys plus a future 1st is at least worth considering.

Philly With Evan Turner really coming on of late, could Philly be willing to do a Andy/Casspi for Thad Young + a future first/or Moultrie?

Not saying there are many homerun deals out there, but as the playoff picture crystallizes, there will be some deal that are viable and worthy of consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by demonmt View Post
    Teams can have more than one "star", and sometimes, for the right deal, these players are traded.

Also, there is all this talk about Andy teaching younger guys. There is no evidence that without a perfect mentor on their team a player can't develop to their potential. Their development can come from, (yes) players on their team, coaches, or even players and coaches unaffiliated with their teams that they train with. I agree that it is a big plus that should be considered with Andy, but I don't think it should be a dealbreaker. We will hopefully have some skilled veteran on our team in the near future to teach our big men.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MirORich For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MirORich View Post
    Not saying there are many homerun deals out there, but as the playoff picture crystallizes, there will be some deal that are viable and worthy of consideration.

No they are not viable, they all sound horrendous.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Baseline Runner For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,521 Times in 4,041 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MirORich View Post
    San Antonio: They have possibly this one year or may be this year or next to still get one more ring. Kawhi Leonard is a big part of what they do but when Duncan and Ginobli are gone, he's not going to be a #1 or #2 guy. Is there even a small chance SAS would consider Kawhi for Andy and Miles/Casspi and 2nd round pick?
    I liked Leonard a lot going into the draft last year and I think he'll be a good player, but Kawhi Leonard for Andy and you think WE would have to throw in more? There's no way the Cavs would trade Andy for Leonard straight up, let alone throw in more to sweeten the deal.

OKC is really the only contender that I think would be both interested in Varejao and have enough to make an offer. Maybe Denver would be added to that list as well, as they have a pretty packed roster and some decent talent.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 1,044 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anglefan View Post
    There's no possible deal out there to be made. Only contenders want him and no contender has anywhere near what we would require in return. There's just not going to be anything there.
    Chicago, OKC, Jazz, are the three teams that are owed potential lotto picks.

Chicago is owed Charlotte's,
    OKC is owed Toronto's,
    Jazz are owed GSW's.

I think we can rule out the Jazz, unless they don't think they can re-sign Millsap.
    We can also pretty much rule out Chicago, unless we absorb Boozers corpse, but given the history there I think we can call that one off as well lol Maybe Gibson/Hinrich/TPE for Andy/Boobie.

Andy + Boobie = 13,160,514
    Gibson + Hinrich = 6,096,811 + the TPE to match Boobie's salary so basically Chi would have to absorb about 2 million.

Not really sure if that works because the trade machine won't let me trade Hinrich, or the TPE.

I guess you're right it's pretty much OKC or bust, unless Chicago wants the two best C's in the East on their team.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,048 Times in 3,423 Posts

Only potential partner I see is OKC and one of their young players + TOR pick.

I really see nothing else.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Only potential partner I see is OKC and one of their young players + TOR pick.

I really see nothing else.
    That's 1 more team than I see, so good for you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RMsDanielGibson View Post
    You're not hipster enough to understand.
    Clearly.

Thanks

What about AV to the Lakers, Pau Gasol to OKC, and then TOR 1st and others coming back to us? I think Pau would fit into OKC's offense much better than AV. And we all know Pau isn't fitting weel into LA's offense right now.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,521 Times in 4,041 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yipee View Post
    What about AV to the Lakers, Pau Gasol to OKC, and then TOR 1st and others coming back to us? I think Pau would fit into OKC's offense much better than AV. And we all know Pau isn't fitting weel into LA's offense right now.
    I just don't see LAL and OKC making trades with each other when they're both competing for the same thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    That's 1 more team than I see, so good for you.

If nothing else, I wish Varejao would go to a contender just so he can stop being wasted here. He puts up 15-15-3 and we still lose almost every game we play because the team is so bad.

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,142 Times in 2,268 Posts

how is helping restore a Franchsise that hit rock bottom a waste?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    It's something of a waste in the sense that there is little reward for Andy in terms of fulfilling certain career aspirations. Of course he is the subject of our praise and adoration, but that's not quite the same as being a top contributor on a championship team.

Thanks

Why would he want to spend his prime on a team that is years away from contending? A team that will be rebuilding for the next 2 years at the least?

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,142 Times in 2,268 Posts

Maybe because he believes in what he is doing and wants to make his own way in the NBA.

maybe Andy believes that if contenders are already contenders theyy dont need him anyways.

perhaps he enjoys the game of basketball and the challenges it provides.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Homer Safari For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Maybe because he believes in what he is doing and wants to make his own way in the NBA.

maybe Andy believes that if contenders are already contenders theyy dont need him anyways.

perhaps he enjoys the game of basketball and the challenges it provides.
    You do realize it is much, much, much more likely he wishes he was on a contender, right?

And that winning titles on a contending team is more challenging than putting up stats on a bad team, right?