Page 114 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2382
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,547 Times in 4,826 Posts

Default Re: Anderson Varejao (surgery Thursday, out 6-8 weeks)

Quote Originally Posted by Pick6 View Post
    hmm..let me try to understand this. What are the stipulations for the Cavs being allowed to swap picks with the Lakers assuming no other moves are made? And when/how do the Suns come into play?
    this has been posted a lot...but in brief:

if the lakers make the playoffs, then the Cavs may choose to swap their worst pick (presumably heat pick) with the lakers. the swapped pick (miami) would get sent directly on to the phoenix suns. the Cavs would get the lakers pick.

if the lakers do not make the playoffs, then the Suns get the Lakers pick. no lottery protection. the Cavs right to swap would not apply (and would not carry over next year).

this is the language on the Cavs side. there is similar language for the exchange between Lakers/Suns:

2013 first round draft pick from L.A. Lakers
    Cleveland has the right to swap the least favorable of their own 2013 1st round pick, Miami's own 2013 1st round pick (top-10 protected) and Sacramento's own 2013 1st round pick (top-13 protected) with the L.A. Lakers own 2013 first round pick (top-14 protected). If the L.A. Lakers own 2013 first round pick is #1-#14, then the L.A. Lakers' obligation to Cleveland shall be extinguished. [Cleveland-L.A. Lakers, 3/15/2012]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I just caught up reading all the posts from the past day in this thread. TBH, I was on my way home when I heard the news on my Sirus XM, "CAVS FANS!, will be without Anderson Varejao as he is going to be....Injured for the next 6-8weeks"

I really thought he was going to say traded. Then it hit me, that he won't be traded. WTF?

Welp, atleast we got TT, time to watch games just to root for him to keep developing. And we will be putting Noel or Len next to him. Or at worst putting Shabazz next to Kyrie.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,547 Times in 4,826 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Don't believe the 6-8 week timeline. I was told that the injury is so rare/bizarre that the doctors haven't seen it before. That's why it was missed on the first MRI. If that is the case they can't really put a recovery time period on it.
    that would explain why byron was at his wit's end yesterday.

Thanks

What the hell ... Just read this news, god damnn, unfortunately, the same procedure as every year

Thanks

This dude is injured more than d.rose, Trade him and Casspi for this up and coming star JJ Hickson.

Team Player
    Thanks

So would you guys keep AV or trade him for derrick williams and memphis pick? At this point i think that would be his value around the league

Thanks
    Thanked 2,262 Times in 839 Posts

@SamAmicoFSO: Cavs' Anderson Varejao says he's hopeful to play before end of season. "Well, I hope to only miss 6-8 weeks." Admitted he's asked, "Why me?"
    @SamAmicoFSO: Varejao says he may start wearing knee pads when he returns. "Maybe it'll help, I don't know."
    As much as we want Andy healthy so we can trade him you have to feel bad for Andy as a person.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silky Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 1,163 Posts

Kyrie's legs are practically bubble wrapped out there. Should do the same for Varejao.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MRMsix6 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Andy has always epitomized the hustle and grit you wanted in a Cleveland player, but I felt going back to last off-season that he was not going to be a reliable part of the future. I guess everyone who lauded his durability and low-impact style of play during the early fall discussion in spite of the evidence against it and questioned trading him will now have the remainder of his contract to ponder whether keeping him was a well-advised decision. I hope for his own sake that he can come back strong and contribute to the team because I am not sure anyone is making bids on him now. No one knows if he will ever approach 14/14 again.

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    So would you guys keep AV or trade him for derrick williams and memphis pick? At this point i think that would be his value around the league

Do you really think any team would trade for AV coming off a rare surgery, and before he's back on the floor (trade deadline and return dates are close) ? Is there any precident for an NBA team trading for a guy off surgery who hasn't played for 2 months ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CruiserNFL View Post
    Do you really think any team would trade for AV coming off a rare surgery, and before he's back on the floor (trade deadline and return dates are close) ? Is there any precident for an NBA team trading for a guy off surgery who hasn't played for 2 months ?
    Keep Andy until he retires.

Thanks

I feel like some are exaggerating what it was that we were going to get for Andy before this injury. Some of the people I have talked to make it seem like we just lost out on a chance to grab a high lottery pick

Thanks

Third straight year of ot striking while the iron is hot. Third year of missing out on decnt to good value. Here's hoping that an aging oft injured Andy can give us anything once his roster is ready to compete. I just doubt it.

That said, I had written off Z after his 4th broken foot. Maybe Andy can wrangle a few good seasons yet.

Just so f'ng disappointing...again....for the third time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akron330 View Post
    I feel like some are exaggerating what it was that we were going to get for Andy before this injury. Some of the people I have talked to make it seem like we just lost out on a chance to grab a high lottery pick
    Last year, the Nets gave up a high draft pick for less than Andy. So yeah, I feel like we had a chance to grab a high lottery pick or equivalent for AV.

The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B3team View Post
    Last year, the Nets gave up a high draft pick for less than Andy. So yeah, I feel like we had a chance to grab a high lottery pick or equivalent for AV.
    This!

Although we blew what was an obvious trade possibility with OKC this year, you never know what team will be desperate to push their team over the hump. Whose to say we can't get value for trading a rehabbing Andy at this years deadline to the right team. Is it a long shot? Yes, but teams are still laying low for the right trade with us. Never ever count out the desperate man.
    Wiggins Watch 2014