Page 95 of 181 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2708
  1. #1411
    Situational Stopper
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    451
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 520 Times in 160 Posts

    Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Yeah, Shurmer sucks.

    But that is no excuse for the inconsistency Weeden has shown this season, especially given how some of the players on offense have been making strides under the same coaching staff.
    Do you think he deserves another year? Or should we cut our losses with him now?

  2. #1412
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15,514
    Thanks
    3,013
    Thanked 11,458 Times in 4,808 Posts

    Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DaNewCavs View Post
    Do you think he deserves another year? Or should we cut our losses with him now?
    Not sure which one you're referring to (Shurm or Pops).

    But I think Weeden should get another year, with a capable veteran backup brought to Cleveland in the event he continues to not progress.

    There isn't a top level QB prospect out there this year, I'd much rather see them not reach on one.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:


  4. #1413
    Champion of the Sun Day Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 63 Times in 35 Posts

    Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Not sure which one you're referring to (Shurm or Pops).

    But I think Weeden should get another year, with a capable veteran backup brought to Cleveland in the event he continues to not progress.

    There isn't a top level QB prospect out there this year, I'd much rather see them not reach on one.
    Exactly. It would be nice to grab a guy like Tyler Bray in the 3rd round to sit behind Brandon, but using the 2013 2nd for Flash Gordon kind of forces their hand. I'd imagine they'll probably have to use their third on a guard, safety, TE, or CB.

  5. #1414
    Rising Star Sly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    2,640
    Thanks
    587
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 657 Posts

    Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

    I'm not sure it's a good idea to bring in a rookie Qb to develop behind Weeden. Not right now anyway. Really asking for controversy. Weeden comes back next year, doesn't play well and then you'll have people screaming for the rookie that you're developing and he'll be ruined. Veteran backup, or perhaps hang on to Colt. Not a rookie though.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sly For This Useful Post:


  7. #1415
    Best in the World The Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Avon
    Posts
    12,042
    Thanks
    481
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

    Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kiji View Post
    I'm not sure it's a good idea to bring in a rookie Qb to develop behind Weeden. Not right now anyway. Really asking for controversy. Weeden comes back next year, doesn't play well and then you'll have people screaming for the rookie that you're developing and he'll be ruined. Veteran backup, or perhaps hang on to Colt. Not a rookie though.
    If they're taking one this year, it should be in the later rounds.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

    9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

  8. #1416
    Cavs fan from S. Carolina selby56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, OH
    Posts
    1,350
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 812 Times in 358 Posts

    Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Day Man View Post
    Exactly. It would be nice to grab a guy like Tyler Bray in the 3rd round to sit behind Brandon, but using the 2013 2nd for Flash Gordon kind of forces their hand. I'd imagine they'll probably have to use their third on a guard, safety, TE, or CB.
    I would absolutely hate a QB in the 3rd round. I'm sick of getting these QB's that we try to develop, and they look kind of decent when they first play, so we give them another year or two before we realize they suck. Then we don't get an elite QB prospect, and we settle for another late 1st rounder or 3rd/4th rounder that we once again try to develop and fail in doing so. The cycle never seems to end.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to selby56 For This Useful Post:


  10. #1417
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15,514
    Thanks
    3,013
    Thanked 11,458 Times in 4,808 Posts

    Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

    They simply don't have the picks to take one this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

  11. #1418
    Ballplayer MattyFos.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    5,257
    Thanks
    12,553
    Thanked 3,576 Times in 1,682 Posts

    Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

    I see no reason why Weeden wouldn't have another year from training camp to week 17 as our starting QB. He's had flashes of greatness and shit but that's expected of any rookie QB regardless of age.
    "Most women are interested in me, because I have dimples and I'm Canadian."- "The Clam Slammin, two handed Jammin. Lefty turned righty. Up all nighty" Tristan Thompson

  12. #1419
    Its supposed to hurt RealKingofCleve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,890
    Thanks
    1,212
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 658 Posts

    Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kiji View Post
    I'm not sure it's a good idea to bring in a rookie Qb to develop behind Weeden. Not right now anyway. Really asking for controversy. Weeden comes back next year, doesn't play well and then you'll have people screaming for the rookie that you're developing and he'll be ruined. Veteran backup, or perhaps hang on to Colt. Not a rookie though.
    I agree we don't have the picks to draft a qb next year but if Weeden doesn't play well next year at 30 years old, he really doesn't deserve to continue starting.

  13. #1420
    Catch the wave Gary Barnidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Soviet Russia
    Posts
    10,738
    Thanks
    3,918
    Thanked 8,519 Times in 3,393 Posts

    Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    I agree we don't have the picks to draft a qb next year but if Weeden doesn't play well next year at 30 years old, he really doesn't deserve to continue starting.
    That doesn't make any sense. His problem isn't physical so his age really has nothing to do with it. He's taking time to adjust to the NFL game. It happens, we've just gotten used to guys like RG3, Luck, Newton who come in and tear it up from game one. That's not the norm, QBs take time to adjust to the NFL game.

    Give him all of next year, there's nobody worth drafting anyway. If you don't see acceptable development then you can cut your losses. The worst thing I can think of is forcing a QB onto this team and ending up with the next Blaine Gabbert.
    Ass pennies

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:


  15. #1421
    Its supposed to hurt RealKingofCleve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,890
    Thanks
    1,212
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 658 Posts

    Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. His problem isn't physical so his age really has nothing to do with it. He's taking time to adjust to the NFL game. It happens, we've just gotten used to guys like RG3, Luck, Newton who come in and tear it up from game one. That's not the norm, QBs take time to adjust to the NFL game.

    Give him all of next year, there's nobody worth drafting anyway. If you don't see acceptable development then you can cut your losses. The worst thing I can think of is forcing a QB onto this team and ending up with the next Blaine Gabbert.
    I agree he should play next year. Which is why I said if he doesn't play well next year.

  16. #1422
    Catch the wave Gary Barnidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Soviet Russia
    Posts
    10,738
    Thanks
    3,918
    Thanked 8,519 Times in 3,393 Posts

    Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    I agree he should play next year. Which is why I said if he doesn't play well next year.
    And that's fine, but your statement that he should be gone if he doesn't know how to play at 30 just isn't right. Us getting rid of him in year 2 would have more to do with new ownership and new management than his play.
    Ass pennies

  17. #1423
    Its supposed to hurt RealKingofCleve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,890
    Thanks
    1,212
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 658 Posts

    Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    And that's fine, but your statement that he should be gone if he doesn't know how to play at 30 just isn't right. Us getting rid of him in year 2 would have more to do with new ownership and new management than his play.
    How so? Part of it being his age, he needs to make a major leap in year 2. I think he's earned that opportunity to prove he belongs but next year he really needs to step up.

  18. #1424
    All Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    3,741
    Thanks
    1,925
    Thanked 2,812 Times in 946 Posts

    Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

    ESPN's QBR has Weeden marked down at a 75.4 yesterday, his best game of the season.
    Browns QB wish list
    1) Blake Bortles
    2) Teddy Bridgewater
    3) Johnny Manziel
    4) Jimmy Garoppolo
    5) Derek Carr

  19. #1425
    Bania'd RappSoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Side of CLE
    Posts
    7,253
    Thanks
    3,550
    Thanked 4,255 Times in 1,811 Posts

    Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

    Weeden definitely started out yesterday too amped up, apparently. His overthrows were both lucky they weren't picked. He needs to be more accurate with his throws that have zip. He finished the game throwing a bit softer with more touch than speed. I think that is because he needs to focus on getting his passes to the receiver rather than thinking where to hit the receiver (at this point).

    Also, Weeden MUST stop getting his balls batted down at the LOS. A lot of folks don't attribute the bat-downs as negatives against the QB, but I think Weeden's face is showing his intents.

    Both of the things I've mentioned here are fixable with time and comfort. I'm excited to see how Brandon finishes out the year. It was very very good to see that he had the ability to sustain a drive yesterday, something the Browns have lacked for a long time. Hopefully, this is a trait of Weeden and not a result of playing Oakland.

    Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to RappSoda For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •