Page 100 of 181 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2708
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,566 Times in 4,855 Posts

Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    How is it not? Wins is a barometer of a teams true success as well as a reflection on a QB.

How's John Hughes and Braylon Edwards again?
    Them having one less win should somehow minimize what Russell Wilson has done on the field?

Nope...cant bring myself to give a fuck.

If that were the case, I suppose New Orleans would be in the market for a new QB
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks
    Thanked 23,909 Times in 3,846 Posts

mccoy>weeden

Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Them having one less win should somehow minimize what Russell Wilson has done on the field?

Nope...cant bring myself to give a fuck.

If that were the case, I suppose New Orleans would be in the market for a new QB
    Totally different situation. Nice try.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,422 Times in 2,481 Posts

So...this guy won't be our starter next year.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Huber View Post
    So...this guy won't be our starter next year.
    yea who shall we replace him with? There are really no good qbs in this draft and frankly I don't want to waste another high pick on one. We have such a chance to turn that corner. Give Weeden another season and then get rid of him but not yet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,566 Times in 4,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    Totally different situation. Nice try.
    Translation: A herp a herp derp

Russell Wilson is far and away outperforming Weeden and has been absolutely fantastic this season, one win does absolutely nothing to diminish that nor does it overrate him.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ruken View Post
    yea who shall we replace him with? There are really no good qbs in this draft and frankly I don't want to waste another high pick on one. We have such a chance to turn that corner. Give Weeden another season and then get rid of him but not yet.
    He will be 30 next year. He had one year to show something and needless to say this guy isn't going to lead us to the Super Bowl. I'm hoping for Tyler Wilson now unless they think he isn't going to be the guy then they should trade for Tebow so we will get the #1 pick in 2014.
    Last edited by Huber.; 12-17-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 Times in 537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huber View Post
    He will be 30 next year. He had one year to show something and needless to say this guy isn't going to lead us to the Super Bowl. I'm hoping for Tyler Wilson now unless they think he isn't going to be the guy then they should trade for Tebow so we will get the #1 pick in 2014.
    Alex Smith is going to be available in the offseason. Who knows what he's going to cost, but he's a veteran QB, on a reasonable contract, with playoff experience, and extremely accurate. He'd be great if we're still running the WCO next season. Again, I have no idea what it'd take to get him, but it'd be worth looking at. Maybe swapping 1sts with SF this year? Just throwing it out there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_The_Cat View Post
    Alex Smith is going to be available in the offseason. Who knows what he's going to cost, but he's a veteran QB, on a reasonable contract, with playoff experience, and extremely accurate. He'd be great if we're still running the WCO next season. Again, I have no idea what it'd take to get him, but it'd be worth looking at. Maybe swapping 1sts with SF this year? Just throwing it out there.
    I'm sure the 49ers will drive up the price and the Browns will pass.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Translation: A herp a herp derp

Russell Wilson is far and away outperforming Weeden and has been absolutely fantastic this season, one win does absolutely nothing to diminish that nor does it overrate him.
    Must be nice to have a legit coach and one that plays to win. Jauron failed to stop the bootleg.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Voice For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,929 Times in 1,491 Posts

I would be happy drafting a QB in a later round and having him sit a year. Weeden is good enough for us to be slightly competitive. We can score touchdowns with him, something we haven't been able to do in a long long time. Putting another high round rookie QB isn't going to change anything.

Russel Wilson was drafted in Round 3 with no rush for him to be the "guy". He overachieved and earned a starting position. I would be happy in doing something similar.

A quarterback I am very interested in is Zac Dysert from Miami (OH). He has good size and a good arm. He had a few underwhelming games against UC and OSU, but picking him up in the 4th-5th round would be excellent value. His mechanics are very good, just needs a little time to sit at the NFL level and fine tune a few problems between his ears. He is a low risk/high reward type of player that can be had for a middle round pick.

Thanks

RG3 has an offense built around him and the same goes for Luck. Good coaches can do that, but we have a guy that refuses to adapt.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13

Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,583 Times in 1,670 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_The_Cat View Post
    Alex Smith will come here and be incredibly inaccurate like all Browns QBs since 1999. It's amazing how these guys come in as accurate passers (DA aside) and then have trouble completing 5 yd crossing patterns.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,293 Times in 1,822 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    mccoy>weeden
    Aw c'mon..

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 Times in 537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phills1 View Post
    Alex Smith will come here and be incredibly inaccurate like all Browns QBs since 1999. It's amazing how these guys come in as accurate passers (DA aside) and then have trouble completing 5 yd crossing patterns.
    Like who? The only guy I can think of who came in and was hailed as an accurate passer was McCoy, and that's in college. It's easy to be accurate in college when you play at a school that has superior talent to almost everyone you face and the throwing windows are wide open. There's a big difference between completing a pass in college and having it be an accurate one. Look at a guy like Terelle Pryor for example. He completed a high % of passes at OSU, but he's not an accurate passer. Garcia was known to be an accurate passer, but he was on his last legs when he came to Cleveland and had a pretty crappy team around him.

The difference is that Smith has actually proven at the NFL level that he's an accurate passer and he's still young. Plus, he'd come to a team with a top-notch OL, a couple of good young WR, a future stud at RB, and a pretty solid D. I guess I might be o.k. with another year of Weeden as none of the QB's in this draft really blow me away, but adding a guy like Smith and making a few upgrades to the D would likely make us a playoff team next year.