Page 105 of 181 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2708
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,045 Posts

Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    Strange I saw him do this, Sheldon Brown tipped the ball and Ward picked it off. Kirk Cousins has a far better coach and Shurmer was flat out, OUTCOACHED. If you don't see this, then I question your judgement. Thing is Shurmer is also young and having young coaching mistakes. He will probably go on to be a good coach once he's pushed out of town, like good ole Bill.

We aren't talking about Colt. He can't throw more then 20 yards. Weeden is not scared to throw, look at his throw to Benjamin. Perfect throw, but Shurmer refuses... REEEEEFFFFFUUUUUSSSSSEEEEESSSS to let him throw deep. He wants to keep playing this shitty WCO.

Weeden is used to the shotgun, but Shurmer doesn't take advantage of this. Instead he rather flop Weeden in his offense instead of building an offense around him and Trent.
    Kirk Cousins, in his first start, with ONE interception threw a more complete game than Weeden has in his whole entire career as a 29 year old rookie. If you can't understand the implications then you are simply small minded. Enjoy Weeden bro... anyone with a football mind will kindly take people like you with a grain of salt.

Colt McCoy is greater than Brandon Weeden. It's already proven.

Go ahead, dig yourself deeper. I can't wait, as a solid minded football junkie, to make you look like a fool. You are a fool. You're a soccer mom.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,538 Times in 4,844 Posts

Brandon Weeden on passes of 21+ yards

10-of-47 with five picks

Not only do they take deep shots, but they do it very unsuccessfully.

The Optomist, bringing the heat....per the usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Brandon Weeden on passes of 21+ yards

10-of-47 with five picks

Not only do they take deep shots, but they do it very unsuccessfully.

The Optomist, bringing the heat....per the usual.
    Ben Roethlisberger is 7 for 34 >20 yards
    Joe Flacco is 23 for 74
    Andy Dalton 11 for 41 3 picks
    Andrew Luck 25 for 81 6 picks

Not defending Weeden, because his numbers are bad > 20 yards, but we have to put it in context that >20 yard pass is usually not a successful play.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DaNewCavs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,278 Times in 1,818 Posts

Yah, JSS and Max. Screw it, we're bringing Lombardi in here.

Lets go back to the 125/0/1 offense too!

The sheer fact that it took JSS until week 16 to bring this weak shit in here again is all I need to affirm Heckert's decision to get Weeden.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

Thanks
    Thanked 23,892 Times in 3,844 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rap Soda View Post
    Yah, JSS and Max. Screw it, we're bringing Lombardi in here.

Lets go back to the 125/0/1 offense too!

The sheer fact that it took JSS until week 16 to bring this weak shit in here again is all I need to affirm Heckert's decision to get Weeden.

We are 100% healthy...the healthiest team in the league in fact.
    I'm not saying bring a 4th string RB off the street, which we had to do last year when our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string RB's went down.
    I'm not asking to go back to a banged up line and having our receivers drop passes.
    Just asking for a QB change if Weeden remotely starts to struggle again this week. What the hell is their to lose? Let's put the issue to rest of whether McCoy can play or not. Last year he had literally nothing to work with compared to this year. I'd like to see what he can do. I really don't want to see 4 quarters of what I saw last weekend. Even in the KC and Oakland games, Weeden should have had 5 picks, 3 were flat out dropped by the defense.
    He's getting the protection and still is not delivering. Colt is at least mobile, he can roll out which Wedeen never does...that makes it a little harder to defend. Weeden makes it pretty easy to scheme against right now.

Weeden has his 1st and 2nd string RB's. He has healthy and improved TE's. He has a much better receiving corp that isn't leading the league in dropped passes. The line is completely healthy and much improved. Yet, Weeden has a lower QB rating that Colt had last year.
    If we are getting blown out this weekend, I'd like to see Colt get a shot in the second half. Where's the harm?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maximus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 370 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    Kirk Cousins has a far better coach and Shurmer was flat out, OUTCOACHED. If you don't see this, then I question your judgement. Thing is Shurmer is also young and having young coaching mistakes. He will probably go on to be a good coach once he's pushed out of town, like good ole Bill.
    Coaching doesn't cause a guy to underthrow passes, miss guys by 5 yards, not see defenders and throw picks right at them, pump the ball multiple times and then get passes batted, have no pocket presence, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Shurmur's gameplans but if you can't see that what's IN the gameplan isn't being executed even remotely well, you're watching a different QB than I am.

Using the "inexperienced" excuse only works when there's something special about a guy. I've seen more in every other rookie QB (aside from Lindley) than I have from Weeden and I don't know that I'll ever see it from him. Anyone as turnover/mistake prone as he is while choking in the clutch as much as he does is probably doomed. Weeden is exactly the mediocre guy he seemed to be coming out of college and now he's going to be 30 next year. No new coach is going to want to develop someone else's 30 year old project QB.

Expecting Shurmur to turn into a stud just because he's new at this is laughable too. Every single coach we've hired since the return save Mangini was a first time NFL head coach. Look at what they've done since. Palmer has been fired twice as an OC. Butch put up 3 mediocre years at UNC and was fired. Romeo is a dumpster fire in KC. Mangini is an analyst. Shurmur? Good luck. Just because someone is new at something doesn't mean they'll eventually get good at it. Sometimes, a guy just doesn't have it.

Shurmur probably doesn't have it and it's very likely Weeden doesn't either. It may take separating the two for that to become clearer but the evidence is piling up in the present if you're willing to be honest about it. One isn't bad because of the other... they're both bad.
    Last edited by Spectre; 12-19-2012 at 09:25 AM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spectre For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Shurmur probably doesn't have it and it's very likely Weeden doesn't either. It may take separating the two for that to become clearer but the evidence is piling up in the present if you're willing to be honest about it. One isn't bad because of the other... they're both bad.
    It's a comfort level. Weeden is obviously not comfortable with the play being called, and what he is seeing on the field. He is not confident in where and when he is throwing the ball. It is the same scared, unconfident look that McCoy had all of last year. Is it because they both suck? Could be. But until I see a coach with a different approach with these two guys it's hard to tell. Having a coach tailor a system to them instead of jamming a system down their throat will confirm whether these guys have a future on this team and in this league.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaNewCavs View Post
    It's a comfort level. Weeden is obviously not comfortable with the play being called, and what he is seeing on the field. He is not confident in where and when he is throwing the ball. It is the same scared, unconfident look that McCoy had all of last year. Is it because they both suck? Could be. But until I see a coach with a different approach with these two guys it's hard to tell. Having a coach tailor a system to them instead of jamming a system down their throat will confirm whether these guys have a future on this team and in this league.
    It's not the playcalling that makes him uncomfortable... he's used to throwing to wide open guys in a spread offense and having all day to do it. Now when there's pressure introduced and when he only has NFL separation to throw to, he makes a ton of mistakes. How often do you see Weeden throw a guy open each game? He hits the guys who are wide open all day but when there's decent coverage and the windows are tight, he hesitates and holds the ball for way too long, throws it away/takes a sack, checks down to a dumb throw or forces it into a bad spot. Colt had the same problem as a rook... he kept saying that throws he made would've worked at Texas. At some point you have to ask Weeden to adjust. Other rookies have, why hasn't he?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Weeden has his 1st and 2nd string RB's. He has healthy and improved TE's. He has a much better receiving corp that isn't leading the league in dropped passes. The line is completely healthy and much improved. Yet, Weeden has a lower QB rating that Colt had last year.
    If we are getting blown out this weekend, I'd like to see Colt get a shot in the second half. Where's the harm?
    Honestly... at this point I'm at least curious. Schwartz, Richardson, Gordon, Benjamin are all new and the guys like Little who struggled last year are improving. I'd really like to see if Colt could do anything more with a much better supporting cast. Not that I'd have a ton of faith that he could but I pretty much know what I expect from Weeden at this point and I've just about had enough of watching the same mistakes every week.

Thanks
    Thanked 23,892 Times in 3,844 Posts

It is the same scared, unconfident look that McCoy had all of last year.
    I'm not sure they are the same look.

Colt's look: "Oh shit, can't these fuckers hold a block for 1 damn second...time to run for my life again...shit, no one's open...half these losers wouldn't start for the Longhorns...oh cool, Little's open....fuck he dropped it again!!!"

Weeden's look: "I'm so in over my head...wish i could just hand it off to Trent. OK. Here we go - HUT! Drop back....one, two...hey, there's Ben, he's kinda open...three, four...there's Cameron he's even more open, I wonder if Gordon is WIDE OPEN...five, six....hey where did these defenders come from....quick, just throw it into someone's head so it doesn't get picked....SHIT I MISSED HIS HEAD...picked off again? Fuck my life..."

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maximus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,419 Times in 2,480 Posts

Ben Roethlisberger is 7 for 34 >20 yards
    Joe Flacco is 23 for 74
    Andy Dalton 11 for 41 3 picks
    Andrew Luck 25 for 81 6 picks

Not defending Weeden, because his numbers are bad > 20 yards, but we have to put it in context that >20 yard pass is usually not a successful play.
    Hence the WCO was born.

Thanks

If we drafted RG3 and he was putting up the exact same numbers that weeden is right now would people still be acting the same way?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,278 Times in 1,818 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    We are 100% healthy...the healthiest team in the league in fact.
    I'm not saying bring a 4th string RB off the street, which we had to do last year when our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string RB's went down.
    I'm not asking to go back to a banged up line and having our receivers drop passes.
    Just asking for a QB change if Weeden remotely starts to struggle again this week. What the hell is their to lose? Let's put the issue to rest of whether McCoy can play or not. Last year he had literally nothing to work with compared to this year. I'd like to see what he can do. I really don't want to see 4 quarters of what I saw last weekend. Even in the KC and Oakland games, Weeden should have had 5 picks, 3 were flat out dropped by the defense.
    He's getting the protection and still is not delivering. Colt is at least mobile, he can roll out which Wedeen never does...that makes it a little harder to defend. Weeden makes it pretty easy to scheme against right now.

I understand your stance, but I guess my opinion is that Colt has played 25 games (started 23). He's averaging 187 yards per game and less than a touchdown per game and the same number of picks per game.

We're calling for Weeden to be shown the bench after 15 games, something Colt hasn't been able to accomplish in a season. Maybe Weeden won't overcome his issues, but I'm willing to give him another chance as he's played far superior to everything Colt has done in his go-around as Browns QB.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

Thanks
    Thanked 28,830 Times in 9,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sjhughes View Post
    If we drafted RG3 and he was putting up the exact same numbers that weeden is right now would people still be acting the same way?
    Moot. For a variety of reasons, RG3 wouldn't put up these same numbers. He actually has just about the same amount of talent around him as Weeden.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,854 Times in 650 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sjhughes View Post
    No. RG3 isn't 29 years old. That's why there's a general sense of urgency from fans regarding Weeden's development. If he was 22, giving him a few seasons to come into his own wouldn't be nearly as nerve racking as it is now. Quarterbacks don't normally come in setting the league on fire. They generally need a few seasons to piece it all together. It's a little hard to swallow for fans when Weeden is going to be in his early 30s before he "gets it".

I'm saying this as a Weeden supporter. He didn't ask to be drafted here so the least I can do is give the guy a chance. As long as he's wearing orange and brown, I'll always root for the guy to succeed.
    "You drew a picture of my morning, but you couldn't make my day."
    -Naughty by Nature

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Biw For This Useful Post: