Page 109 of 181 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2708
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,525 Times in 829 Posts

Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pick6 View Post
    LOL @ calling Ben Watson, Evan Moore, and Peyton Hillis viable targets. Also, Gordon is more than a deep threat. Take the Weeden blinders off man. He sucks just as bad as McCoy (with better options). He is nothing more than DA 2.0
    You have my endorsement to call him DA 2.0 when he start gunning balls off of his halfbacks' helmets.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

LOL @ calling Ben Watson, Evan Moore, and Peyton Hillis viable targets. Also, Gordon is more than a deep threat. Take the Weeden blinders off man. He sucks just as bad as McCoy (with better options). He is nothing more than DA 2.0
    Ben Watson 2010: 763 Yards and 3 TD's. That is a fine option.
    Peyton Hillis 2010: 477 Yards REC and 2 TD's <-- that's not bad for a HB

Moore in his second year: 322 Yards and 1 TD
    Cameron in his second year: 226 Yards and 1 TD

If people area calling Cameron a good draft pick (which b00bie did), then Evan Moore is a viable target. He can't have his cake and eat it too. He doesn't suck as bad as McCoy because he simply has a better arm.

Sheldon Brown (other then the tipped ball), the defensive line (other then the first 5 minutes), pretty much the whole defense, Gordon and Richardson had an awful games against the Redskins and nobody is jumping on them.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post

If people area calling Cameron a good draft pick (which b00bie did), then Evan Moore is a viable target. He can't have his cake and eat it too. He doesn't suck as bad as McCoy because he simply has a better arm.

Sheldon Brown (other then the tipped ball), the defensive line (other then the first 5 minutes), pretty much the whole defense, Gordon and Richardson had an awful games against the Redskins and nobody is jumping on them.
    McCoy looked fine in 2010. Even picked up a few nice wins. Who did he have to throw to in 2011, the season that sealed his fate?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,528 Times in 3,396 Posts

That's because, overall, Sheldon and the DLine have been phenomenal this season. Really one if the few bright spots on this team. Not going to crucify them after one bad game where they were just thoroughly outcoached. I'm willing to give Weeden more time than most, but I get the arguments as he's been mediocre at best and had an awful game against a bad secondary.

Cameron is a developmental pick. He was chosen because of his athleticism. I'm willing to give him some time as he's shown flashes. Remember he's a converted basketball player.
    Ass pennies

Thanks
    Thanked 11,642 Times in 4,879 Posts

Never called Cameron good, jury is still out.

Evan Moore sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Never called Cameron good, jury is still out.

Evan Moore sucks.
    He reminds me of Ryan Hollins. Put a decent brain in his head and he'd be a beast of a blocker and receive like Gronkowski. It's too bad really, the physical gifts are there.
    Ass pennies

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

McCoy looked fine in 2010. Even picked up a few nice wins. Who did he have to throw to in 2011, the season that sealed his fate?
    This is why the one constant in the QB's sucking is Shurmur. You can't say Weeden has that much more talent than McCoy. Either they are both being mis-coached or they both suck. McCoy had Hillis in 2010 and a healthy Watson, but not much else. He has Little and Cribbs in 2011, but not much else. Weeden has Gordon and Little and a not 100% Richardson. I see more promise in talent this year, but the talent either too raw or hurt to be much impact this year.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaNewCavs View Post
    This is why the one constant in the QB's sucking is Shurmur. You can't say Weeden has that much more talent than McCoy. Either they are both being mis-coached or they both suck. McCoy had Hillis in 2010 and a healthy Watson, but not much else. He has Little and Cribbs in 2011, but not much else. Weeden has Gordon and Little and a not 100% Richardson. I see more promise in talent this year, but the talent either too raw or hurt to be much impact this year.
    Completely ignoring who is at QB, it's pretty ridiculous that Shurmgum doesn't allow his QB to audible. I mean, it's ridiculous to forbid your QB from reading the defense and adjusting the play to best exploit what you see.
    Ass pennies

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Rising Star
    Thanks

Edit - Wrong Thread
    Last edited by MJA1080; 12-22-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    Completely ignoring who is at QB, it's pretty ridiculous that Shurmgum doesn't allow his QB to audible. I mean, it's ridiculous to forbid your QB from reading the defense and adjusting the play to best exploit what you see.
    I don't know if this is actually true or not. Pinkston said yeah last year, but we have nobody besides him actually saying this.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13

Thanks

Did you ever consider that he had the same guys to throw to in 2011 besides Hillis and I fumble the ball Stuckey. He had Little developing in 2011 and Weeden doesn't really have that much more then McCoy did.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13

Thanks

I don't know if this is actually true or not. Pinkston said yeah last year, but we have nobody besides him actually saying this.
    In Shurmur's 2 years here have you ever seen an audible? Ever? Once?
    Ass pennies

Thanks

While we're piling on Shurmur, let's not forget how he did the same thing to Sam Bradford in StL; it's pretty curious how much better Bradford is sans Shurmur. I'm not sure what he does, but he is is necrotic to the confidence of young QBs. Something about making them throw way too many passes outside of their comfort zone, and preventing them from audibiles at the LOS.

Pat Shurmur should pay Warren Sapp's bankrupt ass some duckets for the rights to the "QBKILLA" license plate.

Assuming that Shurmur and Heckert are gone after the Pittsburgh game, I'd have no problem drafting Tyler Wilson in the first round; I was pining for him last year, before he decided to stay at Arkansas. I'm fairly certain he regrets not coming out last year, but I contend he would have gone higher than Tannehill (I had no reservations against him at #4 last year, I'm still happy we got TR33). Hope his injury history checks out OK.

I'd like to see how Weeden improves in his second year as a starter, but I don't think the new regime is going to be in BWs corner in 2013.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 812 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCunleaded View Post

Assuming that Shurmur and Heckert are gone after the Pittsburgh game, I'd have no problem drafting Tyler Wilson in the first round; I was pining for him last year, before he decided to stay at Arkansas. I'm fairly certain he regrets not coming out last year, but I contend he would have gone higher than Tannehill (I had no reservations against him at #4 last year, I'm still happy we got TR33). Hope his injury history checks out OK.

I'd like to see how Weeden improves in his second year as a starter, but I don't think the new regime is going to be in BWs corner in 2013.

honestly if there is a new "regime" and they do anything because they dont have "their guys" im fucking done. there is a young group of talented guys on this team (richardson and weeden included), that need time to develop and actually show what they have. a new front office shouldnt be able to just come in and clean out the team because of whatever. There is absolutely no excuse to even consider replacing weeden or t-rich they have had one year, let them develop.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bob2the2nd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    honestly if there is a new "regime" and they do anything because they dont have "their guys" im fucking done. there is a young group of talented guys on this team (richardson and weeden included), that need time to develop and actually show what they have. a new front office shouldnt be able to just come in and clean out the team because of whatever. There is absolutely no excuse to even consider replacing weeden or t-rich they have had one year, let them develop.

Adios