Page 112 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2708
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,519 Times in 3,393 Posts

Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

Oh god here we go again. He's a winner, he's got moxie, he battles.

A garbage time TD against a soft prevent D isn't overly impressive.
    Ass pennies

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Cavs fan from S. Carolina selby56's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JSS2306 View Post
    Merry Christmas to all of you... Especially you Opto... Horrible post on my part. I deserved the "little boy" comment. No doubt. Horrible posting on my part.

However.... Colt McCoy comes in with ZERO reps with the first team and makes an 80 yard drive down field for a TD.

Now, all things considered, he was put in a pretty shitty situation to begin with and Patty Shurmur made sure he had no reps with first team (he's readily admitted this). This should at least be considered. Now, considering this... we should def be looking for a QB through trade which makes much more sense. Since I don't believe this is plausible, I say we start McCoy and add draft picks at positions we need. We need corners. We need receivers (still to this day). Gordon is fantastic and I believe Benji is a threat but you wouldn't know it based on Weeds/ Shurmurs routes (minus a couple of plays).

I don't think Weeden is a plausible Quarterback and honestly I enjoyed Colt running for first downs than watching a statue continually miss his receivers. Colt looked rusty as hell, but he has a winning attitude about him and it showed.

He also threw balls in the dirt and blamed it on receivers being tired.... yikes.

I still say give Colt a chance. He's just a better winner IMO. I've seen more than enough of Weeds and I think we'd actually be playoff bound this year had we stuck with Colt and developed him properly.

I don't think Colt is the answer but I think he's always been better than Weeds at winning. He did in his second drive what Weeds couldn't do an entire game and he got sacked 4 times after. Don't tell me it's garbage points. Denver put pressure on in the 3rd when Weeds got injured and didn't let up until Colt was sacked multiple times yet Colt made that drive himself. I enjoy watching him run for first downs and he actually had a couple long balls in the process.
    There is so much wrong with this post, I honestly don't know where to begin.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to selby56 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    Oh god here we go again. He's a winner, he's got moxie, he battles.

A garbage time TD against a soft prevent D isn't overly impressive.
    Prevent D's do not run safety blitzes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 810 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pick6 View Post
    Prevent D's do not run safety blitzes.
    who gives a shit, colt sucks, let it rest. colt as a 3rd round pick had 2 years to prove himself, he failed in spectacular fashion. Weeden came in, put up decent numbers, AS A ROOKIE, and people are pissed he didnt show more. Let him develop.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    who gives a shit, colt sucks, let it rest. colt as a 3rd round pick had 2 years to prove himself, he failed in spectacular fashion. Weeden came in, put up decent numbers, AS A ROOKIE, and people are pissed he didnt show more. Let him develop.
    1) I know Colt sucks
    2) Colts career numbers are still better than Weeden's as bad as he sucks.
    3) Weeden "showed" me a lot, in that he is Derek Anderson 2.0

Its supposed to hurt RealKingofCleve's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 658 Posts

Weeden put up horrible numbers with much better talent around him.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 810 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    as a rookie they are decent numbers, just because half of cleveland fans want weeden to be an all-pro his rookie year doesnt mean its going to happen.

the browns had more than 1/3 of their offense as rookies, give the team a chance to come together before we start trying to throw them under the bus

Thanks

as a rookie they are decent numbers, just because half of cleveland fans want weeden to be an all-pro his rookie year doesnt mean its going to happen.

the browns had more than 1/3 of their offense as rookies, give the team a chance to come together before we start trying to throw them under the bus
    Luck, RgIII, Wilson, Tannehill, Foles, and Cousins have all looked better than Weeden this year. Asking a first rounder to be decent is not setting unreal expectations.

Thanks

Luck, RgIII, Wilson, Tannehill, Foles, and Cousins have all looked better than Weeden this year. Asking a first rounder to be decent is not setting unreal expectations.
    This is true, but they are also in good systems. Weeden is caged; he doesn't have "permission" to audible at the line. Every above-average quarterback makes pre-snap reads and audibles to some extent.

I'm not saying Weeden is good nor bad, but the cleveland quarterback carousel needs to end at some point and I'd like to see Weeden get another year in a new system.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,708 Times in 933 Posts

What I find interesting is that it is you that is saying this. The very same poster who believed the organization wasted a 2nd round pick on Gordon. That Gordon was the worst route runner you had ever seen. But, now, you are exclaiming about the talent around Weeden. Perhaps, you didn't know what the hell you were talking about then.

Anyways, I agree that the talent is better. Certainly the pass blocking has been better. But, you have to temper that with the fact that the talent is also younger then Colt's first season. Over half the roster is first and second year players. Plus, Colt did have one season without the bumbling and incompetence of Shurmer. I'd take Mangini any day of the week over Shurmer as a head couch. I also don't think this version of the West Coast offense has done either QB any favors. Frankly, the sooner that is scrapped and turned over for a more traditional offense the better. One focusing on Trent's strengths and style of running, and formations with routes to take advantage of Weeden's strength's as well.

This instance on trying to ground the corners off square pegs to get them to fit into round holes is annoying. Fit the scheme to the personnel you actually have. Plus, the play calling has been largely predictable. Let alone the embarrassing clock management skills of the head coach and his coaching staff. Lets see what He does under a decent coach and offensive scheme. Besides, I am not enamored with the QB prospects in this draft. Nothing worth wasting our 1st on.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scholar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,537 Times in 669 Posts

Weeden's certainly looked decent at times, but also looked bad. Anyway, there is a lot of exaggeration in this thread. He's struggled, but he's also shown glimpses - bottom line is its TBD what kind of QB he will end up being.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MDLT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanRosenberg View Post
    This is true, but they are also in good systems. Weeden is caged; he doesn't have "permission" to audible at the line. Every above-average quarterback makes pre-snap reads and audibles to some extent.

I'm not saying Weeden is good nor bad, but the cleveland quarterback carousel needs to end at some point and I'd like to see Weeden get another year in a new system.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDLT View Post
    Weeden's certainly looked decent at times, but also looked bad. Anyway, there is a lot of exaggeration in this thread. He's struggled, but he's also shown glimpses - bottom line is its TBD what kind of QB he will end up being.
    I agree with these. Shurmur definitely isnt doing anybody any favors. My biggest issues are the lack of mobility and accuracy. I would really like to see the Browns go out and get another QB, whether it is a FA/trade for a good price, or a mid round pick. Not to necessarily take over Weeden's spot, but to push him to get better, or lose his spot. Lets face it, Weeden was reached for, as well as handed the job this year as a result of the organization trying save face and strike gold. He should have been benched a few times this season, IMO, but we already know what Colt is capable of.

Its supposed to hurt RealKingofCleve's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar View Post
    What I find interesting is that it is you that is saying this. The very same poster who believed the organization wasted a 2nd round pick on Gordon. That Gordon was the worst route runner you had ever seen. But, now, you are exclaiming about the talent around Weeden. Perhaps, you didn't know what the hell you were talking about then.

Anyways, I agree that the talent is better. Certainly the pass blocking has been better. But, you have to temper that with the fact that the talent is also younger then Colt's first season. Over half the roster is first and second year players. Plus, Colt did have one season without the bumbling and incompetence of Shurmer. I'd take Mangini any day of the week over Shurmer as a head couch. I also don't think this version of the West Coast offense has done either QB any favors. Frankly, the sooner that is scrapped and turned over for a more traditional offense the better. One focusing on Trent's strengths and style of running, and formations with routes to take advantage of Weeden's strength's as well.

This instance on trying to ground the corners off square pegs to get them to fit into round holes is annoying. Fit the scheme to the personnel you actually have. Plus, the play calling has been largely predictable. Let alone the embarrassing clock management skills of the head coach and his coaching staff. Lets see what He does under a decent coach and offensive scheme. Besides, I am not enamored with the QB prospects in this draft. Nothing worth wasting our 1st on.
    I don't have a problem admitting I was wrong about Gordon. And every excuse made for Weeden about the coaching staff applies to Colt as well, correct?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,458 Times in 4,808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    No my argument is if you are going to rate the Cameron pick as good, you can't call a guy who put up more numbers as worse. Therefore your beloved Cameron pick is not a good pick. You can virtually swap Cameron for Moore and it would basically be the same. Thus Weeden only really has one extra guy in Gordon. Richardson is a good red zone and third down back. Does he have the potential to be a good every down back? Yes, but he's not really there yet. Has he shown he was worth third overall plus whatever we gave up to get there? NO!
    You can't seem to make an argument without inventing someone else's argument.

The jury is still well out on the Cameron pick, and right now he's a backup tight end. He has very little bearing on Weeden.

Weeden has been terrible. There is no argument to be made that he hasn't had more to work with than any QB in recent memory on this team, especially with the productivity along the offensive line as they've grown another year older.

Stop making excuses, Weeden has been terrible. McCoy is terrible. But there is absolutely no argument to be made that the 2012 Browns have a decent set of offensive talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

19. The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,708 Times in 933 Posts

I don't have a problem admitting I was wrong about Gordon. And every excuse made for Weeden about the coaching staff applies to Colt as well, correct?
    It applies for one of his two seasons. I'd really like to see what ANY quarterback would do here now without Shurmer and company.