Page 118 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2708
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,522 Times in 3,394 Posts

Default Re: The Brandon Weeden Thread

Quote Originally Posted by I.K.W.T View Post
    This is a poor argument. I honestly do not care how many hits someone has taken. I don't care if someone can play for 15 years, i want to see someone with talent who can lead us to a championship. You cannot honestly say Weeden can do that, nobody can.

I want to see talent, not durability as a terrible player for a long time.
    Well then people should stop bringing up his age as an excuse and treat him like what he was, a poorly coached NFL rookie.
    Ass pennies

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 762 Posts

This is a poor argument. I honestly do not care how many hits someone has taken. I don't care if someone can play for 15 years, i want to see someone with talent who can lead us to a championship. You cannot honestly say Weeden can do that, nobody can.

I want to see talent, not durability as a terrible player for a long time.
    You honestly can't say he can't do that? No one can.

He's been in the league a year it's impossible to see what we have with a player in that single year. Sorry to burst your bubble here Mel.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Triplethreat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,708 Times in 933 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Shakalou View Post
    Well then people should stop bringing up his age as an excuse and treat him like what he was, a poorly coached NFL rookie.
    Yep, they bring up age as the deciding factor for why he'll never be great. But, if he was able to play for 15 years, then that is no longer the factor that they claim it is. To be around that long he'd have had to show some success, not just durability. Weeden has talent. It's damn obvious to anyone that doesn't have blinders on. But, whether he can harness that talent in time is the true question. I want to see him in a system where he actually has a chance to succeed. Not that abortion of an offense that Shurmer shoved down his throat. If he doesn't show clear improvement this year, with a system tailored to his strengths, then I'd have no problem with moving on. Clean out the QB cupboards at that point. But, you have to give him that chance. Worse thing you could do is send him off and watch him excel in another city because you showed absolutely no patience.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scholar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,623 Times in 1,321 Posts

Who's to say Weeden couldn't play longer than the average QB because he hasn't been taking NFL hits for the last 7 years ?
    Not sure it works that way..

When you're 35 you're 35....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar View Post
    Yep, they bring up age as the deciding factor for why he'll never be great. But, if he was able to play for 15 years, then that is no longer the factor that they claim it is. To be around that long he'd have had to show some success, not just durability. Weeden has talent. It's damn obvious to anyone that doesn't have blinders on. But, whether he can harness that talent in time is the true question. I want to see him in a system where he actually has a chance to succeed. Not that abortion of an offense that Shurmer shoved down his throat. If he doesn't show clear improvement this year, with a system tailored to his strengths, then I'd have no problem with moving on. Clean out the QB cupboards at that point. But, you have to give him that chance. Worse thing you could do is send him off and watch him excel in another city because you showed absolutely no patience.
    Heck I'd even understand moving on this year if there was a prospect worth going after. It's a new regime, I'd get that they want to bring in their own guy. Thing is, the new regime is coming to town with a first round QB who actually fits their system.

At this point moving on from Weeden would just be making a move to make a move. This is the perfect season to see what you have in him. Install the new offense, install the new defense, nobody really expects a whole lot, and there isn't a better option out there.
    Ass pennies

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Rivers View Post

Right, but his game isn't predicated on athleticism. He has a cannon, losing his arm strength would be the only major concern.
    Ass pennies

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,043 Times in 3,541 Posts

I don't think you can determine this 1 way or another yet without seeing how he performs in an offense that he's comfortable in & puts him in a position to succeed.

Only in the technical sense.

I think we all can agree that a 35 year old QB who's been in the league only 6 years has a greater chance of having more years left in him than a 35 year old QB who's been in the league 13/14 years. (Obviously there's factors at play, but the general statement holds true, IMO)
    Last edited by MoFlo; 02-16-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,045 Posts

Right, but his game isn't predicated on athleticism. He has a cannon, losing his arm strength would be the only major concern.

He cannon armed us to a 5-11 record. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about his arm. His accuracy is horrible.

Don't give me this "Shurmur stole his confidence" crap. Besides, who wants a player on their team who loses confidence from coaching?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,481 Times in 2,156 Posts

When was the last time we had 1 guy start every game for a whole season?

We should set our sights a little lower than 15 years. I'd be happy with 4-5 really good years from any qb on our team.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperSurge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,531 Times in 4,841 Posts

Less hits or not, if you can't show consistency the organization is going to actively search for your replacement.

No different here, he showed no signs of being an above average QB in this league. His strong arm is really all that he has going for him, he didn't seem to improve on his weaknesses and make people believe he will be the future here.

Don't think it makes much sense to get rid of him, as his value is far less than what they paid and have no sensible alternatives at this time...but his future is bleak at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks
    Thanked 11,531 Times in 4,841 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSurge View Post
    When was the last time we had 1 guy start every game for a whole season?

We should set our sights a little lower than 15 years. I'd be happy with 4-5 really good years from any qb on our team.
    Is that a good barometer? No...

Starting every game in a season essentially means nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks
    Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,086 Posts

Tom Brady is 35. Time to replace him.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DDJ7777 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JSS2306 View Post
    He cannon armed us to a 5-11 record. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about his arm. His accuracy is horrible.

Don't give me this "Shurmur stole his confidence" crap. Besides, who wants a player on their team who loses confidence from coaching?
    Ok? I was referencing his arm in terms of his style of play. All I said was the only major physical deterioration you should look for with age is his arm strength. Not that his cannon makes him QB Jesus. Did you even read my post?
    Ass pennies

Its supposed to hurt RealKingofCleve's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 658 Posts

Its a different NFL these days. Plenty of rookie qbs come in and play well. I don't think we need to go through the list again. Weeden was very poor in nearly every measurable stat last year and really showed no progress (more like regression) as they season wore on. He showed nothing to deserve another shot at being starting quarterback except that he was a first round pick (which he had no business being).

22. The Following User Says Thank You to RealKingofCleve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 493 Posts

Weeden will be an all pro qb next year book it!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bushwick_bill For This Useful Post: