Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default Re: The Trent Richardson Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    Especially for a "soft" runner that dances too much.
    Not sure if srs?

I've heard people call Trent a lot of things but soft is not one of them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to "Boobie" Gibson For This Useful Post:

FROM DA GRITTY INNER CITY I-77 NORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Trent's problem coming into the league is adjusting to the speed and aggressiveness of the NFL.

It's pretty much common knowledge that it takes a RB about 2 years to adjust to the speed of the NFL, big reason why RB's aren't drafted high.

Trent's gaining tremendous experience, especially playing in the AFC North. But Trent is a beast. If you compare this years stats to the rookie year stats of the top 5 RB's in the league right now, you'll see he's on pace for a great career.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 811 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I-77 NORTH View Post
    Trent's problem coming into the league is adjusting to the speed and aggressiveness of the NFL.

It's pretty much common knowledge that it takes a RB about 2 years to adjust to the speed of the NFL, big reason why RB's aren't drafted high.

Trent's gaining tremendous experience, especially playing in the AFC North. But Trent is a beast. If you compare this years stats to the rookie year stats of the top 5 RB's in the league right now, you'll see he's on pace for a great career.
    actually traditionally RB is one of the easiest positions to transition to from college to pro's.

and trents overall line may not be bad, but the 3.6 yards/carry is extremely worrisome. if his 3.6 yards a carry holds up for the next 3 games, it will be the second lowest yards/carry of any first round RB in the last 10 years in their rookie year. Javid best did lower at 3.5. other first round RBs with a similar yards/carry include donald brown of the colts (2009 pick 27th overall), and william green ( 2002 pick 16th overall).

Thanks
    Thanked 11,502 Times in 4,825 Posts

The Browns will likely use just-promoted FB/TE Brad Smelley to the active roster to serve as a blocking back for Alabama teammate TRich.
    Interesting, we'll see if this has an effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    actually traditionally RB is one of the easiest positions to transition to from college to pro's.

and trents overall line may not be bad, but the 3.6 yards/carry is extremely worrisome. if his 3.6 yards a carry holds up for the next 3 games, it will be the second lowest yards/carry of any first round RB in the last 10 years in their rookie year. Javid best did lower at 3.5. other first round RBs with a similar yards/carry include donald brown of the colts (2009 pick 27th overall), and william green ( 2002 pick 16th overall).
    And would wind up with the same yards per carry that Tomlinson had in his rookie year. http://www.pro-football-reference.co...T/TomlLa00.htm

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Gil-lionaire For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Interesting, we'll see if this has an effect.
    I saw they were calling him up yesterday and was pretty excited. It has to have some kind of effect.

Dumb question, who were we using as FB previously? We aren't still using Owen are we?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,178 Times in 621 Posts

We were using Alex Smith.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BMAN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,543 Times in 1,566 Posts

I also hope everyone realizes than Trent hasn't been playing at 100% for more than a handful of games...

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,271 Times in 1,816 Posts

^ Not to mention he has 10 total TDs and over 1,200 total yards (869 rush) already. With three games to go, he could have arguably the most outstanding season of any skill player in modern Browns history. A rookie.

Not a high bar, but impressive nonetheless.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RappSoda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 657 Posts

I think Richardson's issues are from the coaching staff teaching him to be patient at the LOS, the lingering rib injury, and the defenses commitment to stopping him. AP had similar issues initially where they were teaching him to wait on blocking in order to make bigger gains. I noted several times last week where the announcers saying that Hardesty was quickly getting through the hole to just get what he could get. As in he wasn't waiting for blocking to develop.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 811 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiji View Post
    I think Richardson's issues are from the coaching staff teaching him to be patient at the LOS, the lingering rib injury, and the defenses commitment to stopping him. AP had similar issues initially where they were teaching him to wait on blocking in order to make bigger gains. I noted several times last week where the announcers saying that Hardesty was quickly getting through the hole to just get what he could get. As in he wasn't waiting for blocking to develop.
    AD averaged 4.6 yards a carry his rookie year. thats a full yard a carry more than richardson is averaging.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    AD averaged 4.6 yards a carry his rookie year. thats a full yard a carry more than richardson is averaging.
    I'd argue that our offensive line was much better at run blocking than the Browns though in ADs 1st year. 2 future hall of famers, prime and in shape Bryant McKinnie, and Tony Richardson helped him a good bit when he 1st came in to the league, but he is right about Adrian not being patient early on in his career. Our RBs coach used to always get on him for not waiting for his blockers.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BimboColesHair For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,490 Times in 1,669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BimboColesHair View Post
    I'd argue that our offensive line was much better at run blocking than the Browns though in ADs 1st year. 2 future hall of famers, prime and in shape Bryant McKinnie, and Tony Richardson helped him a good bit when he 1st came in to the league, but he is right about Adrian not being patient early on in his career. Our RBs coach used to always get on him for not waiting for his blockers.
    I love his viciousness in just exploding from the backfield. I think I'd rather want an RB to have to slow down and wait for blockers than to need him to move quicker before the hole closes personally.
    Official John Hughes Bandwagon!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,576 Times in 1,682 Posts

I personally prefer the way Monty is running. He is running like his pants are on fire. The hole is only open for a split second.. might as well hit it.
    "Most women are interested in me, because I have dimples and I'm Canadian."- "The Clam Slammin, two handed Jammin. Lefty turned righty. Up all nighty" Tristan Thompson

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MattyFos. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,415 Times in 2,477 Posts

"We ready for the game," Richardson said via Tom Reed of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer. "I think we've just got a game plan, and the game plan we had at the beginning of the game, I think we should've stuck with it. But we didn't stick with the game plan, and we tried to go do some other stuff, and the outcome came in a different way."
    Yeah Trent, next week we should run the ball on 1st for two yards then on 2nd for two yards then on 3rd for two yards then on 4th and 4 we should just punt it.