Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 1,660 Posts

Default Re: Draymond Green - Draft sleeper

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    With all due respect, I wouldn't count on it W&G...

I think it would require trading up to #2 and if that costs us the #24, that's a little too steep a price to pay. I can't help but feel that you're speaking with your heart and not necessarily your head.

I sure hope we can swing a deal like #4 +#33 for #2, but it's just not realistic.
    I'm not a big MKG fan at this point but if he's the player that really makes a difference than I absolutely trade 24 with 4 to get him at 2. It's a small price to pay to get the guy you really want. The 24th pick in the draft is a marginal player typically, some outliers but a guy who is good enough to hang on in the league a few years. I throw that type of guy into almost any deal to land a cornerstone player. Again, I'm not sure MKG is that cornerstone guy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Phills14 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phills1 View Post
    I'm not a big MKG fan at this point but if he's the player that really makes a difference than I absolutely trade 24 with 4 to get him at 2. It's a small price to pay to get the guy you really want. The 24th pick in the draft is a marginal player typically, some outliers but a guy who is good enough to hang on in the league a few years. I throw that type of guy into almost any deal to land a cornerstone player. Again, I'm not sure MKG is that cornerstone guy.
    If W&G thinks it's worth it, I'm sold.

Prior to his post, I would've said lets take our chances with whomever Grant takes at #4. But if he thinks we should move up to take MKG, that's good enough for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,860 Times in 534 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCavFan View Post
    I've been pimping DG for some time. Would hear the undersized knocks, the fact that he has been in school so long, and he sucked as a freshman...but I've seen a guy that has improved every year, adding new wrinkles to his game (I chronicled those improvements in a post some time ago). Would LOVE him in the 2nd, like him with our late first (depending on who is on the board).
    Green making a big impact in GS...playing more than Barnes at this point. He hit the game winner in Miami, and earned LeBron's respect by playing him tough.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,818 Times in 1,629 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wine and Gold View Post
    If we go guard with our early pick in round 1, then I would think Green would be one of our type targets late in 1st or early 2nd for sure. He's a Cavalier type early 2nd round selection quite frankly. I can see him with us .. But, I'll be right upfront ...I fully expect MKG to be a Cavalier early on. One way or the other we are gonna find a way to land him in this draft. For many reasons that I really don't want to get into in detail, I think it benefits the Cavs longterm to do what it takes to get MKG under the Cavalier tent, and I expect it to get done.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SRStark20 View Post
    It's no secret we did try to get MKG, so I don't know what's so funny.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Voice For This Useful Post:

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 481 Posts

good basketball players are good basketball players. Every year kids like Green and Dajuan Blair get overlooked because of physical limitations. It really should be no surprise to anyone that this kid is successful in the league.

I have to admit though, I was a bit surprised when I saw Golden State let Draymond guard LeBron on the perimeter. And Draymond held his own. His lateral quickness is really solid for a guy with his build. His offensive game is so solid though. The type of guy you trust in all situations to make the correct basketball play.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,818 Times in 1,629 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    I was just joking around.

People had us getting MKG or Beal somehow, and we end up with Waiters. Then we trade the other three picks we had away, where many had us getting Green, and we got Zeller.

Draft Night was just kind of... surprising. At least to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,613 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billmac91 View Post
    good basketball players are good basketball players. Every year kids like Green and Dajuan Blair get overlooked because of physical limitations. It really should be no surprise to anyone that this kid is successful in the league.

I have to admit though, I was a bit surprised when I saw Golden State let Draymond guard LeBron on the perimeter. And Draymond held his own. His lateral quickness is really solid for a guy with his build. His offensive game is so solid though. The type of guy you trust in all situations to make the correct basketball play.
    You do realize Green has played terribly so far, right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wreck View Post
    You do realize Green has played terribly so far, right?
    Which would be why he is finishing games rather than Harrison Barnes, right?

Not sure if it shows up in the stat line, but he makes the Warriors better.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CleveRocks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,613 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    Which would be why he is finishing games rather than Harrison Barnes, right?

Not sure if it shows up in the stat line, but he makes the Warriors better.
    Maybe they like him out there for his defense since they already have Curry, Thompson, Lee and usually Jack to score?

He's shooting 27% from the floor. If he hadn't made a game winning shot, nobody would be talking about how they wish we had drafted him.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,586 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    Reading w&g's makes me want to cry, personally.

Kyrie, MKG, and then Ben McLemore next year....

Schwing.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,554 Times in 3,184 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SRStark20 View Post
    I was just joking around.

People had us getting MKG or Beal somehow, and we end up with Waiters. Then we trade the other three picks we had away, where many had us getting Green, and we got Zeller.

Draft Night was just kind of... surprising. At least to me.
    Well, we did try to get MKG. To be honest, though, I don't think Beal was ahead of Waiters on our big board. I think we tried to trade up with Charlotte specifically to draft MKG, who was second on our board (after Davis). I still think Waiters was third. He outranked Beal in the advanced metrics, and Grant very much appears to be a metrics guy.

I wasn't surprised at all that the team picked Waiters, though. When MKG went second instead of Robinson (who was rumored to be a possibility), I expected it. The trade up to grab Zeller was much more of a surprise for me. I mean, I get why they did it. He's a perfect fit in our offense and fell further than anyone projected despite being a skilled seven-footer. I just wasn't expecting it.

Snitches get stitches Hydroponic3385's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 638 Posts

Maybe they like him out there for his defense since they already have Curry, Thompson, Lee and usually Jack to score?

He's shooting 27% from the floor. If he hadn't made a game winning shot, nobody would be talking about how they wish we had drafted him.
    He's not going to be an all-star, but if you actually watch some of Golden State's games, you'd realize he's having a very nice rookie campaign (especially consider where he was drafted). This has been evident this season, and well before any game-winning shot.

Thanks

There were those of us who were talking about it before the game winning shot. That shot was just a matter of time. I watched Green play in the Big Ten, and while he seemed glen davis baby fat, he had an understanding of the game and a sense of where everybody was on the floor that many point guards never seem to get. He basically carried his team as deep as they went in March. Predraft his stock was beaten down because he was obviously over weight. Scouts feared he would be too short to play power forward, but too heavy to play small forward. GS took a flier, he has worked himself into a shape that is not round and he still has that basketball sense about him. I am not saying he is Micheal Jordan, but I think he will be around the league a while. This is not criticism of the Cavs draft choices. I think they will be very happy with Dion and Tyler.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..